The Flaw in the Plan

Seeking for Certainty
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Myungsoo was swirling his chair to and fro as he stared at the picture he got from the album. The more he looked at it, the more he becomes sure that that face belonged to Sehun. However, what bugged him was the presence of the male in his wedding even before he had met Suzy. Not being able to take the curiosity any longer, Myungsoo dialled a number. He needed assurance before speculating any further.

“Mr. Kim?”

“Mr. Choi, please make a request for a list of my guests at the wedding and have it delivered to the office,” Myungsoo told his secretary.

“Okay but what should I to do with the list?”

 “Could you look it up to see if there’s a person named Oh Sehun in it?”

“Would that be all, Mr. Kim?”

Myungsoo then breathed deeply as he stared at the male in the picture before adding,

“If Oh Sehun did attend the wedding, have him investigated.”

 

 

Due to their previous meeting, Sehun and Soojung chose to meet in a hotel where they could have privacy while talking. They were in the veranda of their hotel room and silence surrounded them as they stood still beside each other. Sehun dared not to talk as even before he decided to come, he had already predicted where their conversation would revolve around. Straying away from the topic while the talk has started was impossible so he chose not to speak at all.

Soojung did not even beat around the bush as she said, “I’m still waiting for you to leave her, Sehun.”

Sehun sighed as he chewed his lower lip. Then he mumbled, “Soojung, please…”

“Please, what?” Soojung fired back and faced him. “Please leave Suzy alone? No!”

“Soojung, what else do you want?!” Sehun asked filled with exasperation.

“I want to see her crushed,” Soojung blurted without any hint of remorse. “I want to see her so sorrowful that she would rather choose to die than to live in pain.”

“Jung Soojung, are you even hearing what you’re saying right now?!” Sehun yelled and grabbed her shoulders, trying to shake her in order to let her have a grip of reality.

Soojung’s emotions immediately shifted and from anger, her face was now painted with grief. Tears welled in her eyes as she muttered, “Then just break up with her. Why can’t you do it for me, Sehun?”

Sehun found himself at lost for words after seeing her in tears but unlike before, he couldn’t just tell Soojung that he would do what she wanted. There was more than hesitation in his heart which prevented him from causing pain towards Suzy.

Soojung seemed to have noticed it because she wiped her tears by herself and with a blank expression, she asked, “Oh Sehun. Are you already in love with Bae Suzy?”

He did not reply but his expression said it all and it made the fear in Soojung, grew.

“No. You’re not in love with her. It’s me that you love, right?” Soojung tried to convince both Sehun and herself. Soojung was staring right into his eyes as she pointed to herself and added, “Sehun, I’m still more important than Suzy, right?”

He couldn’t answer yet again and it already made Soojung frustrated. She hugged him and cried, “Sehun, not you too please. You’re mine. You’re mine, Sehun.”

“Soojung…” Sehun halted and breathed deeply before continuing, “Soojung, I need someone who could also be mine.”

That statement confirmed everything for Soojung. She broke her hug from him and took a few slow steps backwards. There was disbelief in her eyes but what she saw in the male’s own orbs was seriousness and sincerity. With a scoff, she blinked away the tears once more; her gaze on him that was once filled with begging and sorrow turned into a sharp glare in a split second.

“Trust me. You’d rather break up with her and tell her that you fell out of love instead of her discovering that you lied all along,” Soojung uttered. Seriousness was blazing in her eyes as she told him, “You better choose the lesser pain for her because you won’t like it if I take matters into my hands.”

 

 

Tired of the amusement park date that Sehun whimsically planned for the two of them, Suzy just wanted to sleep as soon as they got home and they were actually already on their bed, ready to sleep but Sehun still kept raining kisses on her face as he held her tight under the their covers.

“Yah,” she complained with a giggle. She teasingly glared at him and said, “Stop it.”

“Why?” Sehun pouted. “Do you hate it?”

“It’s just weird how you have become so touchy and mushy,” she squinted at him.

Sehun grinned and repeated his question, “Then do you hate it?”

“No,” Suzy smiled. Embarrassed of the words she was about to say, she buried her face on his chest and hugged him tighter. The words then became muffled as she said, “But if you keep doing that, I’m going to miss it during the times that we can’t be together.”

“Then, miss me all you want,” Sehun retorted. With a bigger smile, he added, “So that I’d be running in your mind every day and you wouldn’t be able to do anything about it.”

“That sounds evil and cheesy at the same time,” Suzy laughed against his chest.

They were beginning to be engulfed into the night’s silence and Sehun didn’t like it because it would make his mind drift away to the conversation he had with Soojung.

Breaking the long silence, Sehun asked, “Hey. Are you sleeping?”

“Yes, I am,” Suzy grunted.

He chuckled shortly but as his laughter subsided, he whispered, “Suzy, I love you.”

Suzy just smiled with her eyes closed, unaware of the fear that lingered both in Sehun’s heart and in his eyes. Sehun closed his eyes as he added, “Words would never be enough to describe how I want to stay like this – in love and happy – with you forever.”

Suzy had already noticed how Sehun would sometimes fall into silence and deep in thought or how he was professing his love for her every now and then. It made her feel giddy in the inside and at ease because he would always assure her that he loves her and Suzy could only mirror back the affection Sehun was giving.

Suzy then lifts her face and met his gaze as she replied, “I love you too, Sehun.”

But then she pouted as she added, “But what I want badly right now is to sleep.”

“I understand,” Sehun grinned and hugged her even closer.

He then brushed her hair, knowing how it would make her sleep faster but even before Suzy was able to drift into dreamland, he whispered yet again, “Suzy, don’t leave me, please?”

Suzy’s voice was already weak but Sehun heard her say, “There’s no reason for me to leave the person I love.”

There is, Sehun painfully thought.

That night, there was a smile that played on Suzy’s lips as she fell asleep while fear was the last emotion that flashed in Sehun’s eyes before he willed himself to sleep. He enjoyed how they both basked in each other’s love, but at the same time, he was filled with worries that he had for the tomorrows that would come for the both of them. It would have been easy if he had not fallen in love with her – but he did and now hurting Suzy meant pain for him too.

He didn’t want to choose between Suzy and Soojung but sooner or later, he had to.

 

 

They were asked to visit Myungsoo’s parent’s house and Soojung insisted that she wanted

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter