Changes

Seeking for Certainty
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Suzy didn’t want to get out of her bed. It was a holiday and with nothing left to do, she knew that she would surely sulk and her mind would again be occupied of the scenes of Myungsoo breaking apart. However, she had slept long enough that she feared it would also cause her headache. The lease she wanted was to be sick – an aching heart was already too much to handle. She grabbed her phone from the sheets and called Jia and Bora, asking them to hang-out with her. Unfortunately, they already had plans with their family. If they knew that she ended everything with Myungsoo formally, they would have said yes but Suzy didn’t want them to dump their families for her what she thought were her selfish motives.

Lazily dragging herself to the bathroom, she started to think if she should just sleep again but as she grabbed her pink toothbrush, the blue toothbrush beside it caught her attention. Again, she found herself drowning in the thoughts of him. As she remembered the tears that continuously flowed from Myungsoo’s eyes that day, there was a sharp pain in her chest. She didn’t want him to be hurt or worse, to make pieces of him scatter on the ground but it was a must. There was no way she could end their relationship without letting their world crumble apart.

Before exiting the bathroom, she grabbed the blue toothbrush and with a heavy sigh, she threw it onto her bed. Then, she found herself rummaging through the contents of her cabinet and pulling out Myungsoo’s clothes. One by one, she started collecting his personal items that were still in her apartment, piling them on or beside her bed. With another sigh, she got a box beneath her bed and started stacking his things onto the box.

Onto the box went his house slippers, his towel, his toothbrush, his socks, his shoes – it was as if she was erasing every trace of Myungsoo from her apartment but every time she would put an item onto the box, she felt like she was also losing a part of herself, little by little. The task seemed so simple yet so heavy.

“You could always start over again,” she told herself repeatedly. “You must start over again.”

But as her hand grabbed his favourite shirt, she suddenly stopped convincing herself. She forced herself to fold it but she couldn’t find the guts to do so. Instead, she found herself sniffing his shirt, savouring the trace of his scent that it still had left. A bitter smile crossed her lips as she closed her eyes and all she could imagine were the times they spent together in her apartment.

In the kitchen, she used to find Myungsoo, still with his uncombed hair, cooking their breakfast. She remembered how his voice sounded like when he would shout, “Su, food’s ready!”. She remembered how she would try to sneak and suddenly hug him from behind but she knew too, how all this time, Myungsoo just pretended to be oblivious of her presence and just wait until he could feel her warmth with her body pressed against his.

She remembered how they used to shower together in the bathroom or how Myungsoo would suddenly bump her teasingly while she was brushing her teeth and both of them would smile at each other in the mirror even with those tiny bubbles in their mouth. She remembered how they would also run around the apartment like kids and how they cuddled in the sofa as they watch their favourite shows. All the memories of him remain vivid in her mind.

She hugged his shirt towards her and bit her lip hard as she could feel that tears were already forming in her eyes. Her body crashed onto the bed as short sobs left . With tears still flowing down her cheeks, she whispered,

“It was your decision to let go, Bae Suzy. Bear with it.”

 

 

“What do you want?”

“Is that the way you say ‘Hello’ over the phone now?” Sehun asked with a chuckle.

“No. That’s because you’re special,” Suzy teased but secretly stuck her tongue out.

“Awww. Should I be touched?” Sehun teased back.

“You should be thanking me by now~” Suzy sang as she continued wiping the dust off her cabinet but as she did so, it caused her to sneeze.

“Are you sick?” Sehun asked.

“No,” she answered shortly.

“Then can we go out today?” he questioned with an enthusiastic voice.

“Nice try, Oh Sehun,” Suzy chuckled. “But it’s a no.”

“Do you despise me so much that you reject me so easily?” Sehun faked drama.

“Stop whining,” Suzy retorted. “I can’t go out today. I’m busy.”

“Why? What are you doing?”

“I’m kind of renovating my apartment.”

“Okay,” Sehun replied quickly. “I’ll help you then.”

“Yah! Don’t-“ Suzy was about to protest but then the line was already cut off and then, there was a loud knock at her door. With furrowed eyebrows, she opened it and it revealed a male that was smiling cheekily at her. Suzy rolled her eyes before blurting out, “Seriously? Why call me when you’re already here?!”

Sehun sheepishly scratched the back of his neck and mumbled, “I kind of assumed that you would go out with me today so I went here without asking you.”

“Well, I can’t go out with you so you better go home,” Suzy retorted and was about to close the door but then Sehun held it.

“Wait! I’ll just help you!”

“I don’t need your help!” Suzy tried to close the door again but Sehun kept pushing on the other side.

“You need my help. If you’re going to renovate your house, you need to move the furniture, and I’m taller than you too so I’d be a lot of help,” Sehun reasoned out.

With a second thought, Suzy stopped pushing the door and stared at the male who just continued smiling at her. She chewed on her lower lip before finally admitting defeat and opening the door widely for him as she uttered, “Fine.”

Sehun chuckled in victory as he dashed inside her apartment and then he realized she was not lying as he eyed the moved furniture and the pile of boxes that were on the side. It was like she just moved in a new house. His trance was halted when Suzy suddenly said, “But your clothes would get dirty if you help me.”

“Then I’ll buy some clothes first,” he volunteered and Suzy grunted at his foolishness.

“Never mind. Just take them off,” she muttered.

“If you want to see me without clothes on, then you should have just told me from the start,” Sehun exclaimed proudly and was about to take his shirt off.

“No!” Suzy brought up her hands to stop him. She then walked towards one of the cabinets and searched through her clothes before throwing Sehun a shirt and saying, “You’re going to change into my clothes.”

Sehun caught the shirt but his mouth gaped as he eyed the cartoon and girly design it had. Suzy glared at him before uttering, “Don’t you even dare complain. That’s already the largest shirt that I have.”

Sehun just shook his head and without sparing time, he changed his clothes right in front of her. He laughed when

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter