Favours

Seeking for Certainty
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

There was silence in the room as the four excitedly browsed through the pages of the magazine that contained pictures of Sehun and Suzy modelling for Jessica’s newest collection. They stared in wonder as the photos seemed to elicit a magical effect. The overall theme was winter but the clothes and the way Sehun and Suzy wore them had various auras - from chic to serene to bright. Everything had exceeded their expectations.

“It’s Queen Elsa and Jack Frost,” Bora mumbled as she stared at Sehun and Suzy’s couple look.

Howon then suddenly grabbed the magazine and raised it to his eye-level as he compared the Suzy in the front page and the Suzy in front of him. He then asked her, “Is this really you?”

But instead of Suzy, it was Key who answered, “Of course it is.”

Suddenly, the male walked towards her direction making the girl widen her eyes. With affection in his orbs he held Suzy like a proud stage mother and rubbed her shoulders as he said, “Look at her. Our Suzy had already grown up and became a beautiful model.”

“Please cut it out,” Suzy just chuckled as she teasingly brushed away Key’s hands gaining laughter from the small group.

“But seriously, you’re stunning in these pictures. You should do this often,” Bora beamed as she fixed her eye glasses.

“Unni, we all know how I like being the one behind the cameras more than being the one in the pictures,” Suzy smiled apologetically and when her co-workers just nodded in agreement, she pointed at a picture in the magazine and found the chance to ask, “But where’s this guy? Where’s Sehun?”

“Ah. He texted me this morning,” Jia answered. “He told me that he wouldn’t be able to come to work today.”

“Why?” Suzy questioned.

But Jia just shrugged her shoulders and replied, “He didn’t tell me any further details.”

“Why?” Key nudged her as he added, “Worried?”

“Of course not,” she said without hesitation and turned her back as she made her way towards her office, locking herself inside. However, her co-workers exchanged eye contact and knowing smiles knowing that Suzy was never good at hiding feelings or lying.

Suzy clicked her tongue as she threw her phone on the desk only to find herself picking it up again to dial Sehun’s number. Unfortunately, her calls were left unanswered to the point that her next calls were redirected to the voice mail. Huffing in frustration, she just stared at his caller ID and scolded her phone as if it was Sehun, “What happened to you, huh? Aren’t you old enough to take care of yourself? Why didn’t you even text me?”

Furthermore, she ended up bothered the whole day at work – she was biting her nails, staring at nothingness, and even failed to pay attention on conversations. It was too noticeable that Jia decided to talk to her. After knocking at her door, she told Suzy, “You could go home if you want. I can handle it from here.”

Suzy shook her head and argued, “I still have work to do.”

The girl just smiled and sat in front of her before whispering, “You wouldn’t be able to have any work done if your mind is somewhere else… or with someone else.”

Suzy finally glances at Jia and the latter could only smile knowingly as she winked and added, “Go on and find Sehun. I won’t tell anyone.”

“I… I’ll just go because I feel indebted to him,” Suzy reasoned out with a poker face.

“Of course,” Jia nodded without hesitation.

“Okay. Thanks unni,” Suzy beamed before bidding goodbye and Jia was left in her office chuckling to herself as she mumbled, “Excuses.”

 

 

Oh Sehun had always been there for her and he had been in both her home town and her apartment so it was only natural for Suzy to feel bad that she had to look up his resume and use google maps in order to find his home. An hour later, she found herself standing in front of a condominium unit. Chewing on her bottom lip, she knocked continuously until the door finally opened revealing Sehun. As soon as she saw the male, she furrowed her eyebrows and told him, “Yah. What are you doing here lazing around?”

“I’m not lazing around…” he weakly replied. Suzy was waiting for him to continue his sentence and Sehun was looking for strength to do so but instead, his droopy eyes closed completely as his body fell towards Suzy. The girl managed to catch him but had difficulties in making their bodies both steady. Sehun’s warm breathing then fanned her ears as he whispered, “I’m sick. Go before I make you sick too.”

But Suzy noticed how he couldn’t find the strength to push her away so with a frustrated huff, she carried him inside his unit. Fortunately, Sehun still had some consciousness left in him to tell her where his room is. With difficulties, she plopped him back to his bed and panting heavily, she stared at the male whose vulnerability showed through his physique. Suzy didn’t need to think twice in order to decide that it was the perfect time to return the favour.

Sehun woke up in the middle of the night feeling a lot better than the morning. It was like he was restored to his full potential once more and he does not need to ask where his remedies came from because she was already sitting beside his bed, trying to keep herself awake by the games in her phone. For a while, he just found himself staring, enjoying the sight of a beautiful woman near him, and the feeling of being cared for.

“You’re a good person,” he said with a hoarse voice which caught the attention of the girl.

“Oh. You’re awake,” Suzy blurted and her hand flew towards his forehead as she checked his temperature. She beamed as she added, “You’re better now.”

But instead of affirming Suzy, Sehun just repeated his words, “I said, you’re a good person.”

“Me?” Suzy asked back. She then scoffed and argued with a smile, “This is nothing compared to everything you’ve done for me.”

As Sehun faintly smiled, she added teasingly, “Besides, I don’t want to go that party alone tomorrow so you have to get well and accompany me, understand?”

Sehun merely nodded so Suzy asked him, “So how do you feel?”

He stared at her and Suzy blushed as she noticed that his gaze was tracing every feature of her face. With his eyes still on her, he whispered, “I feel something that I am not intended to feel – a feeling that I didn’t expect to come.”

“Mwoya? You’re sick and you still have the energy for metaphors and riddles?” Suzy knitted her eyebrows. Sighing, she told him, “Just tell me what you need. What do you want? Water? Food?”

“Since I’m sick, would you give me anything I ask of you?” Sehun asked back and Suzy found herself nodding with hesitation. She then watched as the male slowly got up and made space in his bed. He then looked at her intently and asked, “Then… can you stay with me? At least for the night? Please?”

After a long debate with herself, she rolled her eyes and sighed again in frustration before climbing to his bed and lying down the space he provided for her. She tried to maintain distance between them but then, Sehun started inching forward and his arms then encircled her waist pulling her closer towards him.

“Yah!” Suzy complained but as she

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter