Chapter 2

Say You Love Me [ Hiatus]
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

"Honey, are you ready?" Mr. Bae asked and looked at his wife, then at his watch.

"Yes. I’m done." Mrs. Bae zipped up her blue bag and slung it over her shoulder as she pulled her matching suitcase off the bed.

The day was Sunday, it was still early in the morning. Mr. Bae walked down the stairs, carrying the suitcases in both of his hands. Mrs. Bae went to Suzy’s room and knocked.

"Suzy, come down for breakfast. Appa and umma will be leaving for the airport soon." Her umma's soft voice was heard.

"Okay umma. I'm coming down now." Suzy's sleepy voice replied from inside her room.

At the breakfast table, Mrs. Bae was busy giving last minutes instructions to her dear precious daughter, “Suzy, don’t stay out late, stay out of trouble. Behave at home and at school. Make sure to complete your homework on time. And remember, don't let any strangers in. You are a responsible child, I have trust in you, remember my words...” Mrs. Bae babbled on and on while Mr. Bae just smiled apologetically at Suzy and watched his wife.

After a couple of minutes, Mrs.Bae's lecture still hadn't stopped, Mr.Bae decided to step up and stop the boring 'how to behave at home alone' session. “Honey, don’t worry. She can take care of herself. We’re going for only two nights.” He said and glanced at Suzy.

“Yes, umma, don't worry about me, enjoy yourself.” Suzy added with an angelic smile on her face. 

"I don’t understand why they planned for this high school reunion to be at Jeju. Why can’t we have it here? That way, Suzy won't have to be at home alone for three days..." Mrs. Bae let out a sigh and was about to continue being over protective when the doorbell rang.

“I’ll get it, it must be the Kims.” Mr. Bae quickly stood up and walked to the front door. “Honey, they are here.” Mr. Bae shouted.

“All right, we're coming." Mrs. Bae yelled back before turning to her daughter, "Suzy, umma is going now.” Mrs. Bae stood up and headed for the front door where the others waited. Suzy followed behind her. When they reached the door, Mrs. Kim was talking to his son, Kai, while Mr. Kim and Mr. Bae were putting the suitcases in the car trunk.

Kai greeted Suzy with a nod and she smiled back, but before they could say anything to each other, Mrs. Kim began, "Kai, Suzy, please take care of each other when we’re not around." She turned to Kai, "Kai, you're older than Suzy, you must look after her.” Kai nodded with a grin on his face.

"Older by one week." Muttered Suzy.

"Umma, you're only going for three days. Don't worry, I'm not going to bully Suzy." Kai said and smirked.

“I know you're not going to do that." Mrs. Bae replied. "Both of you, please behave. And don't stay up too late at night.” Mrs Bae added, looking at the two who stood side by side.

“Yes umma." Suzy and Kai responded in unison.

“Good. Now, where did I put them?" Mrs.Kim mumbled under her breath as she dug into her oversized purse. "Found it. Suzy, here's the spare key to our house. You'll need to check on Kai too in th

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter