Chapter 8

Say You Love Me [ Hiatus]
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

The ride to school the next morning was awkward. The two were quiet the whole fifteen minutes in the school bus. Actually, the whole day was awkward. Suzy was trying to ask Kai why he didn't say, 'No, I don't like you as more than a friend.' But Kai started avoiding being alone with Suzy.

Kai had been running through her mind all day. She found herself drawing his name with hearts in her notes during school. She made a mental note to add another reason to why he can't touch her book. What was this boy not answering this simple question doing to her?

Suzy decided she needed to confront Kai. She waited outside the gym as she knew his game practice wouldn't be over for another ten minutes and he will probably need another ten more minutes to shower and change.

Kai instantly saw her as he came out from the gym door. "Hi Suzy."

Suzy just stood there with a small furrow of her brow. Seeing how she looked so serious, Kai asked, "What?"

"Okay, Kai," she started. "Why won't you just say you don't like me?"

Kai looked at her and smiled knowingly, but he didn't answer her question. "How was your dance practice?" He asked as he started walking away.

"It was really good." she answered, falling into step beside him. "We're working on a new routine..." Suzy trailed off as she realized what Kai was trying to do.  "Stop changing the subject."

"I'm not." He argued. "Okay, maybe I am. Doesn't mean I really didn't want to know how your practice was."

"I guess that's true." She sighed. "But why won't you answer my question?"

Kai stopped walking and looked at her. Did I like her or not? It was simple yes or no question. But of course, he was Kim Jongin, and couldn't make anything simple.

"Because," Kai sighed, running his fingers through his hair, something he always does when he was nervous. "I didn't know the answer myself." He said, barely in whisper.
  

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

Suzy crawled under the covers and just stared at the ceiling. A bunch of thoughts were clouding her mind and she didn't think she'd could sleep now. Kai admitted he didn't know how he felt about her. She had to say she didn't quite know how she felt about him either. She was so confused. She found herself wondering about the question everybody had always been convinced of. 'There's something between you guys.'

Maybe there were. Maybe they had just been too blind to see what was in front of them. Suzy thought back to all those years of their friendship. They did seem to act like a couple. The more she thought about it, the more she understood the reason why everybody was surprised to find out they weren't dating.

Suzy couldn't help but smile at the thought of them being a couple. They had talked about it back in middle school and decided against it. But that was middle school, they're in high school now. Maybe things would be different. Maybe they needed a little change in their relationship.

She got out of her bed and walked out to her balcony. She noticed Kai who wad also was sitting in his chair on his balcony. She went back inside and took her cell phone and dialed Kai's number. Kai immediately picked up the call.

"Hey." Suzy said.

"Hey Suzy." Kai responded.

Kai was leaning at the back seat of his chair while Suzy leaned on her doorway, enjoying the starry night. Th

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter