Chapter 25

Say You Love Me [ Hiatus]
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Kai did not know how he ended up there tonight. At this damn party. The party was in full swing. The house was full to the brim with teenagers, some just standing around, others drinking, some talking and laughing.

The music was loud but luckily there were no neighbors to worry about. A privilege when you’re rich, Kai guessed. All of his team members welcomed him and Chanyeol warmly and they were immediately whirled away by the already tipsy teens. Once seated at the kitchen-island-made-bar, Kai let his gaze drift, he scanned the large living room once and noted that almost everyone they know were here tonight. Well, he hasn’t looked outside by the pool so he wasn’t quite sure.

What he is sure off though, was that the cheerleaders were there too. And the fact that the cheerleaders are at a party without their own captain? Impossible. And sure enough he found her by a group of jocks of their school, laughing and joking. Lee Eunjung. His worst nightmare in human form.

Kai instantly regretted even going over there, he was mentally cursing at himself for being such an idiot for not able to say no to the invitation. Chanyeol was the one who dragged him to come. Chanyeol seemed to be the one in the world who could capable to change his mind about anything. He sighed aloud. He wished he could leave. Now.

Out of the corner of her eye, Eunjung already noticed Kai sitting at the ‘bar’. She had a plan for tonight, but didn’t want to rush things. Besides, what good will it do her when he is practically surrounded by his friends? No, he has to be alone.

An hour or so had passed, Kai wasn’t really sure as he was a bit tipsy, and he couldn’t stand the heat anymore. He turned to Chanyeol only to find the older completely wasted with girls all over him. He grimaced, “Chanyeol.” He called, “Chanyeol, can we go home already?”

“Noooooooo… Gimme ten more minutes, okay?” Chanyeol slurred, grinning goofily.

Huffing out of irritation, Kai found himself outside by the pool. By himself. The cool breeze cooled his head a bit and he felt as if could breath normally again, away from that stuffy room full of sweaty bodies and alcohol. Not that outside was any better though, but he did managed to find a more secluded place.

Now is my chance! Kim Jongin, you're at the wrong place at the right time!

Eunjung grabbed a glass of coke and turned a bit so that her actions were hidden from the others. She took out a small bag and opened it, a puff of white dust clouded up before dissipating altogether. She smirked and poured the content in the glass, stirring it with her pinky. Showtime!

“Why are you all alone here, handsome?”

Kai turned to her and gave a small smile, "It's too hot inside." He cast a look across the room where Chanyeol was last seen, but he wasn't there anymore.

Eunjung watched him closely. “Here, I brought coke for you with lots of ice. It’ll cool you down.”

Always the friendly one, Kai reached out to accept the cup and even thanked her. He downed the glass in one go. A minute passed in agonizing, awkward silence.

Eunjung smirked as she saw Kai frowning, “Are you okay? You seem rather…unfocused.” She asked mockingly.

Kai’s frown deepen when his vision blurred, the rush of blood pounding in his ears. He squeezed his eyes shut and clutched his head as he let out a small whimper.

"What drink did you give me, Eunjung?"

"Just a coke." She replied. 'With something to make you relax tonight.'

He whimpered again as everything getting blur to him. "This is not right. I need to find Chanyeol and ask him to send me home now."

"I can send you home." Eunjung offered. An evil smirk was plastered on a face all the time.

"No. I came with Chanyeol and I'll go back with Chanyeol." Kai replied, pushing himself up from the table, looking at her.

"All right." Eunjung sighed. "Come, I help you to find Chanyeol and you can go home with him." Eunjung said as she pulled Kai with her. When they headed for the door, her smirk grew wider.

 

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter