Chapter 6

Say You Love Me [ Hiatus]
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

"What should I do!?" Kai didn't even realize that he was speaking his thoughts out loud as he thought of Suzy's relationship with Himchan right now.

'Will I always feel like this?'

Kai’s heart began to race. Laying still on his bed with hands behind his head. He looked like a statue, frozen in time as he stared at the ceiling.

There’s a knock on his bedroom door. The door crack opened slightly, Chanyeol popped his head in. “Hey Kai, what are you doing? Your umma said you never come out from your room for hours.” Chanyeol questioned as he pushed the door wider. He entered the room and sat on Kai's study chair.

Yunho tilted his head towards him, “Nothing.” He forced the word out and clenched his jaw tight. He saw from his bedroom window when Himchan came to fetch Suzy for their date earlier and the sight was really an eyesore for him.

Leaning against his headboard, Kai tried to distract himself from the scene playing before him. It’s not the first time he witnessed Suzy went out for a date but for some reason, it was different this time.

"Hey, is everything okay with you Kai? You have been acting weird for days you know?" Chanyeol said, looking at him.

"Mmm. Nothing. Nothing at all,” Kai replied, sitting up on his bed.

"Then why so quiet? Something wrong?"

"Just peachy," Kai muttered with a slight smile on his lips.

Chanyeol smiled a little at him. "You're a horrible liar, Kai." Chanyeol said softly.

“So what’s up?” Kai asked.

“What's up?” Chanyeol asked back as his enthusiastic expression disappeared. “You ask me ‘what’s up’? You made Suzy cry. That’s what’s up!”

“Oh my God.” Kai said, his eyes went wide, the looks of regret showered upon his features. “Suzy cried?" Kai asked hoarsely. He was stunned, "so, I guess you’re here to punch me in the face... Go ahead, I deserve it.”

“I’m not going to punch you.” Chanyeol said. He couldn't help but smile at Kai's reaction.

“Why not? I seriously deserve it.” Kai stated. “I made Suzy cry. My Suzy. I promised her I’d never make her cry and I did. I’m the worst best friend ever.”

“You’re not the worst best friend ever. And  wasn’t I only supposed to punch you in the face if you make her cry intentionally? It wasn’t intentional, so therefore, no punch.”

“Did you just say therefore?”

“That’s beside the point” Chanyeol looked at his watch, a half smile appeared on his face. “Hey, let’s play basketball. It’s good to release your stress.” Chanyeol grabbed a basketball from under Kai’s study table.

“I’m not stressed.”

“Stop lying Kai. Let’s go.”

They went out to the yards between his and Suzy's house where Kai's father had installed a basketball hoop outside their garage wall.

 

After twenty minutes of playing Chanyeol decided to stop their play.

"Hey Kim Jongin, what’s wrong with you? Am I  playing basketball with grade two boy?"

"I hate this." Kai said throwing the ball at Chanyeol.

Chanyeol caught the ball. “You were thinking about Suzy right now right?”

Kai sighed, "yeah, I was thinking how Suzy’s on that date with Himchan right now.”

“No she isn’t.”

“What?”

“She just pulled in.” Chanyeol said looking across the fence watching Himchan’s car drove away.

"Great." Kai muttered when he turned and saw Suzy walking towards them.

"Hey guys." Suzy said sheepishly.

"What do you want?" Kai grumbled and glared at her.

"So..." Suzy started, looking at him. "I see you're still pissed."

"Nah dip." He replied sarcastically.

"You could do without sarc

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter