Chapter 24

Say You Love Me [ Hiatus]
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Suzy sat alone in math class; she couldn’t hope to pay attention now. She had just spent the entire period trying to be inconspicuous. She hid a yawn behind her hand, blinking when her eyes watered slightly from the action.

Finally, the bell rang signaling that its lunch time. Suzy let out a sigh.

“Such a depressing day today,” She grumbled.

She didn’t feel like going to the cafeteria, so she decided to skip lunch. She texted Kai to meet her at a place where they spent their free time, the place they went to whenever they skipped lunch. She sat on the green grass under a tree behind the school block, she brought her notebook, but she just put it on her lap – unopened. She felt like she was sitting there for ages but Kai still hadn’t come yet.

Suzy was trying her hardest not to think of anything, because whenever she would think, she only thought about Eunjung, and it hurt her so much. Suzy closed her eyes and was so lost in her thought, until she realized someone was standing in front of her. She opened her eyes and looked up, Kai was standing over her.

Kai knelt down and bent his head down so they were eye to eye with one another. “Hey beautiful, missed me?” He teased and sat next to her. Their shoulders brushed each other.

“Sorry I was late. I was with Suho just now,” He started.

Suzy gave him a weak smile, her fingers trailing through her long hair. “What’s up with Suho?”

“Suho... he’s having his birthday party at his house tonight. He said it’s a last minute plan and he invited the basketball team together with the cheerleader team to celebrate our winning game last weekend...”

“Uh it’s okay, Kai; you don’t have to explain. I understand,” Suzy waved her hand at him.

“If you want to come with me…”

Suzy cut him midsentence. “You know I don’t like parties.”

‘Be in a close party with Eunjung and her friends? I’ve got to be kidding myself,’ she thought.

“You go ahead. Have fun, but don’t be naughty.”

“Are you sure?” Kai eyed her for confirmation.

“Yes, I’m very sure. If I were to go to that party I would probably fall asleep in a corner,” She joked. “What time does the party start?”

He felt some relief as he answered, “Eight. Chanyeol will pick me at seven thirty.”

“Don’t come home late. Tomorrow you still have school.”

The school bell rang indicated the lunch time was over.

“Let’s go back to class,” Kai said standing up. He grabbed her hand and they walked back to the school building.

“Uh Kai, I almost forgot, Miss Hana called for short dance briefing after lunch. I should be going there now.”

Kai smiled at her, “Okay.”

“See you later,” Suzy said waving at him and walked to other direction. Suddenly, her cell phone beeped and she grabbed it from her pocket.

 

From Min:

‘Suzy, where are you? Come quick to the practice room. We’re waiting for you.’

To Min:

‘I’m on my…’

 

Before she could finish her text, she heard voices and laughter. She paused. She turned and walked quietly to the direction of the voices, as if something was pulling her to them. She peeked around the corner, there was Eunjung talking to Hyoyeon.

“So Eunjung, you’re going to Suho’s party with Kai,” Hyoyeon asked.

“Of course,” she alleged.

“What if Kai brought Suzy with him? They’re a couple now, you know. Everyone at school knows about it.”

“Hyoyeon, how in the world could you possibly think, that he would even be interested in her? He’s just pretending to like her. Nothing has changed between us. But of course, she doesn’t know about it. Kai has always and forever will be my boyfriend.”

Hyoyeon smirked, “You know what I think we should do?”

“What?” Eunjung asked curiously.

“I think we should really give them something to talk about.” Hyoyeon grinned mischievously.

For some reason, Suzy’s heart stopped beating for a few seconds. It felt as if she just found out he was cheating on her or something. She had no idea what came over her. She shook her head, trying to clear the negative thoughts away.

On the bus ride home after school, Suzy was quiet. Kai was listening to music on his headphones. Suzy decided to talk to Kai about the party at Suho’s, so she took his MP3 player in his hand and press the stop button.

Kai turned to her, “Yes?”

“Kai, about the party at Suho’s house, how are you going?”

“I told you, I’m going with Chanyeol. Why do you ask?”

“Umm... Kai, I changed my mind. Can I go to the party with you?”

“I thought you said you didn’t like parties.”

“I said I change my mind about going with you.”

“Suzy, you can’t. No. You better not.”

“And why can’t I?” She asked in a displeased tone.

Kai didn’t know what to say back to her, so he stayed silent.

“Kai, I want to go with you.”

Kai grabbed her hand. “Suzy, please understand. It’s not like that I want to go, but I have no choice. They’re celebrating our winning, and I’m the captain. It’s just that I have to be there. Besides, Eunjung and her team also will be there. I don’t want you to get hurt being in that party. There’s only a bunch of crap boys and crazy girls.”

“You don’t want me to get hurt? That’s crap!” She was already hurt having listened to Eunjung and Hyoyeon’s conversat

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter