Chapter 22

Say You Love Me [ Hiatus]
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Suzy lay in her bed looking upward at the ceiling for a long time. She had a lot of things in her mind. Shaking her head she tried to dispel the memory of yesterday. She got up from her bed and walked into her balcony, she stared at a room across from hers, arms folded on her chest.

She couldn't understand, but the rush she felt when she thought about what they were now sent chills through her body. Why was this so much of a shock for her? They’d been friends for years. Best friends. She knew him. Everything about him. But this was confusing.

Kai hinted what he felt, 'It's too soon. Way too soon.' And she'd been thinking about it too. Maybe she was going crazy. Yeah, she’s just going crazy. She’s stressed and crazy.

She turned to face the clock on the side of her bed. It was five thirty in the afternoon.

Picking up her cell phone from her desk, she called the only person who she can talk to about this.

“Chanyeol?” Suzy said when he answered the call. “I need you to act like my big brother for a moment because I need to talk to you.”

 

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

 

Kai stared at his cellphone in his hand.

'You know you love her. Are you sure you ready for this?'

"This is the time." He murmured under his breath.

He held down the number 2 that dialed Suzy’s cell but only to get to her voicemail. He called again a few times but the answers were only the same. Her voice mail answered. He decided to go to her house. Suzy's umma was watering her plants when he met her.

“Mrs Bae, can I go up to meet Suzy?”

“Oh, she's not home. She went out about half an hour ago.”

“Did she tell you where she was going?”

“Mmm… she said she’s going to Chanyeol’s house.”

“Why she go to Chanyeol’s house? She rarely ever goes to his house without me.”

Mrs Bae simply shrugged in response not exactly knowing the answer. At that moment Kai’s phone beeped saying he got a text message.

 

From Suzy:

‘Hey, I’m at a bookstore to buy some stuffs. I’ll see you later.’

Kai stared at his cell phone. Why was she lying about where she was? Why was she at Chanyeol’s house? Was she still sad about yesterday?

Kai sighed, closing his eyes. There were too many questions in his mind.

 

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

 

“Well I just text Kai and told him I’m at a bookstore.” Suzy said looking at Chanyeol.

“Why are you lying to him?” Chanyeol asked. "Dia he made you cry again? You want me to punch his face for you?"

Suzy rubbed her hands across her face, groaning. Why was she lying to him? She looked at Chanyeol her face growing very serious. She swallowed the lump forming in . It was no or never.

Suzy shook her head. "No. Nothing like that."

"So what did you want to talk to me?" Chanyeol asked, looking at her.

"Actually I want to ask you something."

"Okay." Chanyeol motioned his hands for her to continue talking. "Then ask."

"How do you know that you're in love? Like really in love."

That got him to rub his head with his hand. He scrunched his eyebrows as he tried to come up with satisfactory answer. “I guess, when you always think about them, that’s the first sign.”

“I mean if you’re in love with someone. What if you, say love your best friend for really a long time, and then maybe you suspect you’re in love with them. How do you tell the difference? You think about a best friend all the time, too, right?”

“Where’s this come from, Suzy?”

“I’m in love with Kai.” She said. As if to conform the thought, her heart skipped a beat.

“Yeah?”Chanyeol questioned. “Is that it?”

Suzy's jaw dropped. “What do you mean is that it? I just said I was in love with Kai!” She exclaimed.

Chanyeol chuckled. Wow, was she oblivious. He shook his head still laughing. “Suzy, you’ve been in love with Kai for…. Well forever! That why you’re dating him.”

“No, I like Kai and that’s why we were dating, but now I love him.” Suzy tried to explain. “It’s too early to tell him I love him. We haven’t even been dating but what a month?’

Chanyeol sighed, moving to sit next to her. He wrapped an arm around her shoulder pulling her to him.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter