Chapter 29

Say You Love Me [ Hiatus]
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

This chapter contains a lot of cursing words. Don't read if that will make you feel uncomfortable.

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

 

After Luhan left, Suzy started to pace in her room. She couldn’t bear the thought of what Kai did to her. She wanted to punch something, and all that's handy was her pillow. So she started punching her pillow, tears falling off her cheeks and splashing onto her fists. She can hear herself cry, and it sounds pathetic. She took a long breath and exhaled slowly to calm herself. 

Sitting on her bed, her eyes glued at her cell phone on sitting on her dresser and sighed. She had to talk to him; as fast as possible. Staring at her cell phone, her stomach in knots at the thought of the call she was about to make. Instead, she decided to send him a text message. Her hands were shaking as she typed the text.

 

To Kai:

'We need to talk. Meet me at the park near the bookstore in one hour.'

 

Suzy sent the text message with trembling hands. She lifted a trembling hand to , feeling the contents of her stomach churning.

Few minutes passed before she received his reply.

 

From Kai:

'Okay.'

 

One hour alone in her head with too many thoughts to contain. Suzy was restless. One hour arrived. After she was ready, Suzy gathered the last of her strength before she walked out of her door. When she arrived at the park, she saw Kai over there sitting on a swing. She drew her breath as she quietly began to approach him.

"Kai."

Her voice made him look up from the ground and he smiled as he saw his girlfriend, Suzy’s pretty face.  "Hi Suzy."

Suzy watched him. "Kai, you look weird...like pale. You looked like you haven't sleep at all for the past two days."

"Mmmm...?"

"After Suho's party, did you get any sleep?" 

"Err...I... no. I came back late actually so I went straight to school."  Kai looked away, he couldn't meet her gaze.

Suzy knew when Kai was lying, she knew it straight away. He would begin to stutter, his gaze would not meet her.

"Were you?"

"What?" Kai had a hard time meeting Suzy’s gaze, his chest rising and falling with the adrenaline of movement.

“You really not telling me, isn’t it?" Suzy sighed. "Kai…look at me."

Kai stood up and reached for Suzy’s hand, this time taking it in him and not letting go when she tried to pull away. Her fingers felt stiff in his, when they used to fit so perfectly between his own. "Suzy, listen..."

Suzy pulled her hand away from his. “Answer me this.” She said through her clenched teeth. “Where did you really go last two nights, Kai? Or, do I even need to ask?”

Her question hung heavy in the air between them. Kai didn’t like where the conversation was heading.

”Suzy, I went to Suho’s party with Chanyeol. You already knew about it.”

"Kai, we really have an issue here."

Kai stared at her. Million thoughts came into his mind but he just didn't know how to reply to her.

"The truth is Kai..." Suzy closed her eyes, took a long breath and exhaled. When she opened her eyes, "I already knew where you were and who you with before I asked you.” Suzy revealed. "I just wondered whether you would volunteer the information yourself. But, you didn’t! You’re still hiding things from me. I can’t believe you lied to me, Kai!”

Kai was speechless. He turned paler. He felt his stomach flipping. Suzy’s eyes were cutting through him now, and he finally recognised the emotions he had seen flickering deep within them earlier. Fury. Suzy was furious, and it was all directed to him.

“When were you planning to tell me, Kai?” She raised her eyebrows at him.

“T-tell you w-what?” He stuttered nervously.

“About you and Eunjung.”

Kai eyes widened out of shock. 'How did she find out?'  "What are you talking about? I was there with Chanyeol."

“KIM JONGIN DONT WITH ME! ENOUGH OF THIS .” Suzy shouted loudly. Kai shut his eyes. After taking a moment to compose herself, she moved closer to him so that she was just inches away, Suzy started to speak again, her tone noticeably calmer but still with the same anger bubbling underneath . “Now… you will tell me the entire truth… And you will not hide a single thing from me… Do you understand?”

He stood quietly for a moment before taking a deep breath and running a hand through his hair. "Something happened." He was now staring at his shoes and he was afraid to look up.

"Look at me Kai when I'm talking to you." Kai lifted his head and met her gaze. His eyes became hard and dark. "Do you want to tell me about it?" Suzy asked.

Kai tried to reach for her hand but Suzy refused. He sighed, “I…something…” He couldn't continue so he just stopped at there.

"Fine. You're still not tal

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter