Chapter 11

Say You Love Me [ Hiatus]
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Kai looked up from his phone that he had been staring for the past ten minutes of silence, restraining himself from calling Suzy the fifth time for the past three hours.

'Let him go. I'm safe.'

'I'm safe.'

He sighed under his breath as he remembered the horrible incident at school. Despite the fact that Suzy insisted on being okay, he couldn't help but still worry about her. He got up from his study desk and stood by the window in his room, gazing out across the yard to Suzy's room.

He was feeling a little nervous but he didn't know the exact reason. He perked up as he saw shadows of movement in her bedroom. About a minute later, the room went dark as her bedroom light was switched off. He stared at the white lace curtain a few more minutes before shaking the worrying thought from his mind and decided to climb into his bed. Staring up at the ceiling, he breathed deeply, trying not to think about everything that had happened. He flipped off the light switch on his bedside table before closing his eyes to sleep. 

"Sleep tight, Suzy" He mumbled.

 

~~~~~~~~

 

After making sure he was ready for school, Kai walked out of his room and closed the door slowly. After saying goodbye to his umma at breakfast table, he walked to Suzy's house and sat down on the front porch stairs, waiting for her to come out so they could walk to the bus stop together. Kai looked around in confusion after waiting for a while, there was no sound of Suzy coming out at all. Kai decided to ring the doorbell.

Mrs. Bae opened the door with apron still around her waist and greeted Kai with a bright smile on her face. “Oh Kai, come in. Suzy is not feeling well so she is not going to school today.” She said as she walked back to the kitchen with Kai trailing behind her.

“What’s wrong with Suzy?” He woodenly asked, his face set like a stone.

“She’s having a  fever.” Mrs. Bae looked at her watch. “Oh my, I’m late. I have a meeting first thing in the morning and I will be coming home later than usual tonight. I have to supervise the company’s annual dinner night. Can you check on Suzy after you come home from school?” She said as she removed her apron and put it on the counter. She turned back to Kai and added, “I already made porridge for her and she had taken her pills for this morning. I’m just afraid if her condition gets worse later," she sighed. "If Suzy needed the pills later, it's in the cabinet over there." Mrs Bae pointed to the cabinet.  "Her appa is outstation and will be back tomorrow.” She quickly ran to the front door, "And please locked the door before you leave. You know where the house key is, Kai."

"Sure Mrs. Bae. Don't worry, I'll take care of Suzy."

"Thank you, Kai." Mrs Bae replied before her hurrying out the door with her giant purse in hand.

Kai quickly ran upstairs and knocked on her bedroom door. “Suzy, it’s me."

No answer.

"I’m coming in now.” He opened the door and crossed the room to the sleeping girl. Staring worriedly at her flushed face, Kai raked his fingers back through his black hair. Slowly he walked to her and placed the back of his hand on her forehead.

Suzy opened her eyes. “Kai? What are you doing here? You should go to school.”

Kai climbed the bed and lay beside her. He hugged her from on top of her covers. “You're burning, Suzy. I’m not going to school today. I’m taking care of you.”

Suzy shook her head. She grabbed his hand and squeezed lightly. “No you’re not. Just a fever. And I've taken my pills just now. I’ll be okay in few hours. I’m not a baby, I can take care of myself. Now go before you miss your bus.”

“Hey, I’m worried about you. You must’ve got this fever from the shock you got yesterday.”

Suzy

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter