Chapter 26

Say You Love Me [ Hiatus]
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"I'll be there in twenty minutes." Chanyeol deadpanned before hanging up the call. "What was he doing there at this hour?"

He quickly dashed down from his bed. Putting on his shirt while running down the stairs, he can't stop thinking about his best friend. He hopped in the car and drove to the place, breaking all the speed limit. He yawned as he peered down the road before him trying to find the right exit. He shook his head as he turned at a corner and his sleepy eyes widening when he saw his friend standing under a dimmed street light.

Kai immediately get in the car right away when it stopped in front of him. The first few minutes of the ride were quiet until Chanyeol spoke.

“You look like a wreck.”

Kai doesn’t reply but Chanyeol noticed the panicked expression on his face.

"Hey Kai what happened to you? I thought you went back already by the time I went to look for you. I asked around but they all said they didn't see you. I called you phone but no answer.  How come you end up in that hotel?"

"I don't know, Chanyeol." He said running his fingers through his hair nervously. There were million things going through his head.

"Do you remember anything from last night?"

Kai shook his head. "Nope. I just remember waiting for you by the pool. That’s all." He tried to recall some events from last night’s partying but nothing came into his mind. It only worsened the throbbing of his head.

“Jesus, how do you not remember this?” His expression darkened.

Chanyeol’s voice increasing volume finally seems to bring Kai to the realisation that his situation is very much real.

He turned his head to Chanyeol. His head still feels heavy and unclear but suddenly the fragments of memory begin to seep back into his brain as Chanyeol’s talking.

"Do you remember who was the last person you were talking to before you woke up in that hotel room?"

Lee Eunjung.

His pulse skipped when he thinks of her, the last person he talked to before he found himself on a bed in a hotel room. But he decided not to mention about it to Chanyeol. Not just yet.

Kai turned around to look out the car window, not answering.

"This is not good, Kai."

Kai sighed before answering. He seemed to be pretty calm given the situation he was in. "Someone is playing a trick on me, Chanyeol."

“So what are you going to do?” Chanyeol asked.

“I don’t know.” But his mind was thinking about Eunjung.

"Let just go to my house first. Just tell your umma that you slept in my house." Chanyeol said.

"Chanyeol." Kai called.

"Yeah?"

"Don't mention anything about this to Suzy." Kai groaned.

"I know Kai. But Suzy will have to be told eventually, you know, something like this can't be shoved under the rug."

Kai gave him an appreciative look. "It couldn't be anyway. I'll find a way to tell her. Just send me home."



~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~



Suzy woke up at hearing her alarm clock buzzing. She got up off the bed and made her way to the bathroom, looking at her horrible reflection. Her eyes struck her the most. It had dark rings around them from lack of sleep.  They had lost their light, almost as if her will, her iron strong, unwavering will, had been crushed and simply disappeared. She heard her cell phone ringing on her study desk. She hesitated at first because it was an unknown number, but she still answered it.

''Good  morning beautiful,'' a husky voice melted through the phone.

Suzy groaned. ''Don't tell me this is Luhan.''

''Okay, I won't then.'

''What do you want Luhan? Why are you calling me so early in the morning?'' She groaned, laying back onto her bed.

'Well', aren't you a ball of sunshine.' Luhan replied with a sickly sweet voice.

''Not in the mood, get to the point.'' She mumbled ignoring the remark.

'Nothing special. Just wanted to hear your morning voice.' Luhan said childishly.

"Now that you've heard, I need to get ready for school."

'Suzy, wait.'

"What now?"

'Remember du

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter