Chapter 27

Say You Love Me [ Hiatus]
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
"Let me go, Eunjung. I don't love you. I love Suzy."   Eunjung glared at him. "Why does you have to make things complicated, Kai? Listen here, I could not let you go, Kai. I refused to let you go. You're mine."   Kai stared at her. He can't believe how easily she manipulated the situation to trap him.  'This woman is no joke. I need to buy time from her to clear everything.' "Don't you dare to say anything to Suzy. She don't deserve to know about your dirty trick." Kai warned Eunjung.   Eunjung shrugged her shoulders. "All right, handsome. I leave it to you to handle her. I have to go now to class now." Eunjung smiled to him before she walked into her classroom.   Kai felt like his whole world crumbled under his feet. He wished the world would explode, swallow him whole, anything to stop what was going to happen.    One heart going to be broken. Bae Suzy. The one that he loved.    One life going to lose its soul. Kim Jongin. He felt useless.  He wanted to wave a magic wand and make everything to be all right in a flash, but he couldn't.   "Suzy, I'm sorry." He muttered under his heavy breath.   'No. This cannot be happening, this is a dream... a nightmare, it has to be. It has to be.' Kai mumbled as he walked along the school hallway with no clear direction as to where to go. He clenched his fists, he couldn't believe what he just heard from Eunjung. His once calm and composed self was gone. He felt his mind break into pieces.     'We had drinks, you asked me if I want to go with you, I said yes and we end up in that hotel.'   'We had great ...'   'Because I'm in love with you, Kim Jongin.'     "No, that didn't happen." He muttered.   He heard voices. He looked over at the students conversing behind him, and he could've sworn they turned around right before he could get a good look at them.   They didn't.... they couldn't know....   It was unreasonable, and he knew it. They could be talking anyone or anything. Really. But paranoia reared its ugly head regardless, easily beating down to a bloody pulp and Kai found himself nervously looking at eyes that seemed to purposefully avoid his, eyes he could feel staring back at his once he passed them by.   He was imagining things. There was no way they could know.   There was no way….   Kai felt his state of anger begin to resurface. His body heat began to intensify as he started to run. He needed to get out of there.   'No, that didn't happen.'   'Suzy, I'm sorry.'   He ran as fast as he could.   He ignored voices calling his name. He ignored their looks of confusions he passed them.     ~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

  To Kai:

'Kai, class about to start now. Where are you?'

Suzy waited few minutes for his reply, but there's none. She turned to her back and saw Chanyeol was talking to another boy. She was about to stand up to go to Chanyeol when the teacher walked in, so she slipped the phone in her bag and took out her note book. She wondered where Kai could be now. Fifteen minutes into the lesson she felt hopeless. She could not pay attention. Suzy could not remember how many time she turned to the empty chair next to her where Kai should be sitting now.

Whenever she turned to look at Chanyeol, that boy will always look down at his book as if will never lift up his face again. 'Weird.' She thought.

Suzy could have sworn she caught a glimpse of Kai outside the class door, but she blinked and he was gone. She gave up, slouching  back in her chair.  "I must be seeing things," She mumbled, pinching the bridge of her nose, returning her attention to the teacher in front.

Time passed and the school bell rang indicating lunch time. Everybody getting busy jotting down the notes from the whiteboard and some already walking to the door. Min was absent and when Suzy was looking around for Chanyeol but only caught the glimpse of his back walking out of the door. Suzy slid out her desk and walked to the door while thinking about Kai. She felt funny that she didn't see Kai at all today and wondered if Kai skip classes or even school at all. 'That was unusual of him.' She thought. When other students asked about him, all she can say was, 'I don't know.'

When Suzy was walking at the school hallway, she noticed few students were looking at her as if she'd committed a crime. She decided to skip lunch because she wasn't hungry and instead she decided to go to library but an instinct told her to go up the school rooftop and she was surprised to see Kai there, sitting on the floor with his back leaning against the wall. His eyes were closed.

"Kai? What are you doing here all alone?"

DUP!

He looked over at her, and tried to smile but he could tell she saw right through him. "Oh hi Suzy." He ignored her second question. Small displays of panic that showed on his face.

"Something wrong?"

'Stay calm, Kim Jongin.' "Why do you think something is wrong?"

"You looked like someone walked over your grave. Did something happen at the party last night? Did you fight with Chanyeol?"

Kai shook his head and looking everywhere but at Suzy.

'Suzy, I'm sorry.'

She sat next to him, brushing their arms, "What's going on Kai? Why didn't you go to your classes today?"

'Suzy, I'm sorry.' "I'm not in a mood."

“Come on, Kai. Don't be like this. Some peoples are worry for you, you know?”

Kai look at her. “Do you?” He asked, almost whispering.

“Of course I do. So now, are you going to tell me what is wrong?”

Kai opened his mouth to say something, but the only word that came out was, "Nothing."

"Are you still angry with me about yesterday?"

"No Suzy. I'm not angry with you. Not at all." He answered quietly after a few moments and took a deep breath, as to prepare himself both mentally and physically to face her. It was almost as if it made him exhausted to speak, and he knew that he would probably feel drained out of energy later on. He didn’t want to think about that though. Grabbing her hands and squeezed it lightly, he said, "I love you." But his eyes were shut.

Suzy chuckled. "I know that, idiot." There was a strange suspicion on Suzy's mind. Something eating her up inside. He loved Kai, but she could see a flicker of sorrow hidden behind Kai's closed eyes.

Suzy sighed in exasperation. "Well, if you not going to talk with me now, we can always talk later."

There was uncomfortable silence but Suzy chose to ignore it. "Hey Kai I need to go to the library to return some books before go back to class. It's already due last week. You will be coming to class right?"

"Umm...no. Mr. Han asked me to help him at the gymnasium. I already have a 'Release From Class' letter from the office." A lie.

"Okay then. I'll see you after school?"

Kai tried to smile at her. "Suzy, today you go back first, okay. I have something to do with Chanyeol. I"ll see you at home."

"Okay." Suzy was curious but Kai isn't talking right now.

A deep sigh escaped her lips as she started walking. Relationships were always so difficult.

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

After school, Suzy went home alone. No sign of Kai while she was waiting for the school bus and until she reach home. She already expected that. She was just finished with her homework when she heard a knock at her half-opened bedroom door before she turned and saw Kai leaning at the door frame, smiling at her.

"Hi Kai." Suzy said as Kai entered her room.

"You’re always wearing my shirts." he noted with an amused grin.

“You like it when I wear your clothes.”

Kai chuckled in response. He ignored the loud beating in his chest as he walked towards her and cupped the back of her head as he leaned down and kissed her. “You got that right. You look great in my clothes.” He continued kissi

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter