Chapter 15

Say You Love Me [ Hiatus]
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

It was almost noon when Kai reached his house from his basketball practise. He showered and quickly dressed before he walked out from his room to go to Suzy's house. He decided to knock on the kitchen door as he saw the glimpse of Suzy's umma there. Mrs Bae opened the door with a kitchen towel in her hand. Guess she was cooking.

"hi Kai. Come on in."

“Hi Mrs Bae. I’m bringing Suzy’s homework that she missed school on Friday.” Kai said as he entered her kitchen.

“Suzy is in her room. Go ahead just knock on her door.” She said walking back in her kitchen.

“Thank you, Mrs Bae.” He nodded and made his way upstairs and knocked on her door.  “Suzy, it’s me.”

After a while Suzy opened the door and said, "Hi Kai. Come in." She gestured to him with her head.

"What are you doing?" He asked as he followed her inside. Suzy sat on her study chair, her desk was stacked with papers that are in a mess.

Suzy turned to him. “Maths." She answered, holding up her book at him. "Hey did you just wake up? I didn't hear from you at all since morning. And what's that in your hand?”

"I was at school gym for basketball practise." Kai walked to her.  "Umm... I came here to give you the homework and groupwork that you-“

“All of those?” Suzy asked with sorrow face as she looked at the pile of papers in his hands.

Kai handed her the papers. “Stop freaking out." He said. "Miss Ho gave an essay question which you will have two weeks to prepare for and write up the two thousand words essay. And for the group work, together with Chanyeol and Min, we will discuss about the given topic after school tomorrow. The rest of the papers are only notes from Mr. Lee's class. That's all.”

“You're the best, Kai.” Suzy said.

“I know.” Kai said nonchalantly. He threw himself on her soft bed and he lay down with both his hands behind his head looking at the ceiling.

The room suddenly became quiet. Kai slowly turned to look at Suzy. He noticed that Suzy was staring in the space.

“Yeah you seem to be spacing out.” Kai stated.

Suzy turned around to face him and their eyes locked. “Ah no…I’m just thinking.” She said. Her cheeks darken instinctively as last night activities of her and Kai's not-so-innocent typical best friends behavior flashed in her mind.

“What were you thinking?”

“No-no I’m not thinking of anything.” She lied. She felt her face blushed.

Kai glared at her, he knew that Suzy’s lying, “You’re lying… it’s all over your face.” Kai said, Suzy’s blushed deepened. “Tell me what you’re thinking Suzy.”

When he didn't get any responds for Suzy, Kai became aware that Suzy wasn’t listening to him. He rolled his eyes and sighed, shaking his head before he slid down the bed and walked to her. He waved his hand in front of her face. “Earth to Suzy! I’m talking to you.”

“What?” Suzy asked as she snapped out of it and turned her attention to him. “Did you say something?” She put on her best innocent smile and tilted her head to the side.

“It seems like somebody got up on the wrong side of her

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter