Chapter 21

Say You Love Me [ Hiatus]
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Obviously for the past one week, everybody would notice that Kai and Suzy changed their behavior. At least they don’t have to hide anymore. They're no longer hiding their effection towards each other. Of course that would meant that they would highten their suspicions, but in some cases, it' wouldn't be necessary to some people.

“Hey Suzy, Kai.” Min said when she met them at their lockers.

"Hi Min." Suzy answered and she waved at Chanyeol that stood tall behind Min.

"So how was your weekend?" Min asked as she opened her locker door and took out some books.

"Well my cousin and his parents were back from the States for a holiday and we had dinner together at my house on Saturday night.... and..." Suzy said as she closed her locker's door.

"Which cousin?" Chanyeol cut her, his eyebrows raised,

"Do you remember Luhan? Yeah he's here for summer break." Suzy told excitedly. Suzy turned to Kai and saw his frown face. She smiled him a lazy smile that sent Kai's heart lurching.

"You mean your cousin that moved to the States with his family? Luhan that chubby boy? I guess he's look like a sumo wrestler by now." Chanyeol said. Kai laughed loudly while Suzy slapped his arm.

"He's chubby but cute." Min added.

Suzy gave Chanyeol an unimpressed look. "Chanyeol, he's my cousin, okay? Just wait until you see him and I swear you will take back all your words." Suzy said with a smile. "And I spent all of Sunday with this pretty amazing guy.” Suzy said as she looped her arm through Kai's and smiled.

Suzy saw his face melt at her smile and grinned even wider.

“Well, if it isn’t for pity he wouldn't even think about it.” Eunjung said venomously, passing by.

That caught Suzy's attention. “Shut up Eunjung.” She snapped. "Don't you have anything else to do?" There was fire in her eyes, and if looks could kill, Suzy was sure at that moment Eunjung would have needed resuscitation.

Min and Chanyeol looked at each other and sighed. "That ." Min muttered. "I'm going to kick her ." She almost take her step towards Eunjung when Chanyeol grabbed her wrist.

Eunjung rolled her eyes and completely ignored Suzy’s comment as she turned to face Kai. Arms folded on her chest. “Why are you even with her, Kai?” She asked looking at him. “She’s so rude. Not to mention such a nerd. I mean, of course it’s probably just a fake crush anyway." She continued. "You probably pity her because of what happened between her and Himchan and her failure date with other boys, you felt like you need to protect her and you know how she’s obsessed with you.”

Suzy looked at Eunjung in horror for saying such words. "Shut the hell up." Suzy said attempting to say it with confidence, but it eded up coming out weak an pathetic. She hardly ever shouted at anyone like that. She stared at her, tears suddenly making her eyes look even more glassy than usual. She had never wanted to kill anyone but now she had.

"Don't call her that," said Kai to Eunjung in a deadly voice.

Everybody in the hall froze. Suzy started shaking, tears forming in her eyes. Eunjung had said some bad things before but this drew the line.

Eunjung laughed bitterly. She looked at Kai. "What? Did I say wrong? Can't handle the truth? You don't think I don't know that little fact?! Oh don’t act so surprised, Kim Jongin."

"Stop it, Eunjung!" Kai said with angry edge in his voice.

"How in the world could she possible think that you would even be remotely interested in her?"

"Now that I say I really do like her, will you stop now?"

"Whatever." Eunjung replied, rolling her eyes.

Suzy looked at Eunjung for a long moment as though considering what she had said. She turned to Kai, opened but nothing come out. She was speechless and that made Eunjung smiled.

"You call me when you two break up, okay?" Eunjung said to Kai cheerily, giving him a flying kiss before she walked away.

Suzy's face once again contorted in fury before settling into more stoic, calm kind of angry. This was the kind that worried Kai the most. He reached out a hand to touch Suzy. But as soon as she felt his touch she jerked away, she backed away as if his touch burned her or something.

“Don’t touch me.” She snapped, an almost pained expression on her face. She swallowed thickly and took a moment to compose herself.

“Hey Suzy, don't listen to her.” Kai said, stepping nearer to her. “You know what she’s saying is a load of crap, right?”

“Leave me alone." She whispered, staring at him. She looked so small and fragile that Kai felt a sting in his heart.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter