Chapter 32

Say You Love Me [ Hiatus]
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Since Bae Suzy became Kim Jongin's girlfriend, she bagged a good unnecessary attention from everyone at school, the most challenging was she got girls jealous of her and everything. She became popular overnight because there’s also the fact that Kai is pretty dang popular, but that was never on her dream boy criteria list; things just turned out that way. She has held the prestigious title of ‘Kim Jongin’s girlfriend’ for the past 3 months now, by far the longest relationship she’s ever had. She’s had 'boyfriends' in the past, but looking back on it, none of those lasted longer than a month. But now he was just her ‘ex-boyfriend’. Well, something she was never thought of it, too.

The day at school just seemed to crawl for Suzy. She spent every moment at school with Min, who tried desperately hard to make this easier and less painful for her by talking about anything but Kai. But none of it worked. She still missed his voice, his touch, his laugh…everything.

“Suzy? Did you hear me?” Min asked, waving a hand in front of her face.

Suzy snapped out of her thoughts. “Huh?”

Min sighed. “Are you okay?”

“Yeah.” She forced a smile. “Of course I am.”

“Really?”

“Really.” Suzy nodded. “You were saying something before?”

“I said I need to go to see Mrs Han and explain to her why I failed her Biology One test last week.”  She told with a frown on her face.

Suzy smiled at her. “Well, good luck to you. Maybe you can come over to my house and we do the study together. I'm getting lost on her subject too.”

"Yeah, I should do that. Thanks anyway but I have to go now." Min replied.

Suzy watched as Min make her way to the school office. Suzy stood up and make her way to get some books from her locker. Life was resuming its normal routine so it was up to her to keep up the charade. But she still felt like hearing noises whispering behind her back whenever she walked at the school hallway. She was not sure how many people knew about Kai and Eunjung 'night together', hack she can't stop thinking about it either. With Min and Chanyeol trying to cheer her up, nothing can stop her from her imagination.

She dig through her locker looking for the books when she heard Kai's voice behind her.

"Hey."

Suddenly she felt very nervous and uneasy. "What do you want, Kai?" She asked without turning around, with a clear annoyance in her voice. She could feel him coming closer, she could almost feel his breath on her neck.

"Look Suzy, we need to sort this out.”

Suzy swallowed thickly before she took a step away from him and turned to face him, "I have nothing to say anymore." She sighed. "I don't know, Kai. Me and you… I guess it could never happen, you know that right?" she tried to sound convincing.

"Okay, Suzy. I know what's happening between us, but if you keep avoiding me like this isn't going to help." he said softly to her.

"I... I really don't have time for this now. I have to go to..."

"Suzy, please don't ignore me." Kai at how clearly upset he was whilst shooting Suzy a desperate look.

"Fine." She paused. "Kai, I don't know how many times I have to repeat this. We just..." She took a deep breath, as if to set her resolve. "...we just go back to being friends. That will be easier. You and Eunjung can..."

"Stop bringing Eunjung into this." He said in a raised voice. "She is nothing to me. But you..."

"I don't want to hear it any more. Just go, please." Suzy cut him off mid-sentence. "Just go." She said calmly to him.

Kai placed his hands on her waist, despite how much she loved his hands there, loved him holding her, she pushed him away.

He sighed. "Fine. I'll see you in class." he said before walking away.

As soon as Kai stepped out of the locker area Suzy heard a few whispers and giggles come from a corner of the locker room. She immediately knew who they belong to, Hoyeon and Tiffany. She heard footsteps coming towards her. Suzy try to avoid looking at the other girls, but it’s extremely hard to do so when she have such little will power. Her eyes meet each of the two girls eyes. She immediately regret looking at them, they gave her a disgusted glare and started whispering to one another.

She was relieved to hear the bell for next class,

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter