Chapter 1

Say You Love Me [ Hiatus]
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

“Good morning, Mrs Bae.” Kai politely greeted Suzy’s umma when he stepped into her kitchen.

“Good morning Kai. You're early. Let's have breakfast first,” she replied with a welcoming smile on her face as she began setting up the table. 

“Suzy is not ready yet?” Kai asked and looked around the room for his best friend.

“Ah… about that, can you help me go upstairs and check on her? She must have overslept. She came home very late last night from her cousin’s birthday party.” Mrs Bae explained to Kai who nodded at her words.

“Yeah, sure.” Kai immediately stood up and quickly hopped up the stairs to the second floor where Suzy's bedroom located. Stopping in front of her door, he hesitantly raised his hand to knock. The room seemed still dark as he saw no light from the creak underneath the door.

Kai gently knocked her bedroom door, "Suzy?" He called out but received no reply, the room was silent. Sighing, he turned the knob and entered the room. He hit bull’s eye; the room was still dark with only rays of morning sunlight creeping through the gap in the curtains. He walked up and pulled the curtain open before checking Suzy's bed. As expected, the girl was still in a deep slumber, lying on her stomach with her long hair spread out everywhere on the pillow.

Kai smiled at the sight, 

“Suzy, wake up." He said from the end of her bed. No reply. He walked up and sat on the bed next to Suzy's sleeping figure. "Come on, Suzy." His voice was soft and warm and he felt himself smile at the thought of it. "It's time to wake up." He ran his forefinger behind her ear.

Suzy shifted uncomfortably, “Kai, stop doing that. It’s tickles.” Suzy raised her hands above her head, stretching out the sleep as a large yawn escaped from . She gazed at him lazily through her half open eye.

"Suzy, get up." He said in a somewhat commanding voice.

"No... I'm still tired..." She mumbled.

“If you don’t wake up now, I will…” Kai gestured a tickling hand.

“Okay Kai!" Suzy quickly opened her eyes and pushed his hand away. "I got it. I'll get up now. What time is it?” Suzy asked and rubbed her eyes."By the way, what are you doing in my room?"

Kai grinned and looked at his watch. “Seven twenty one. Your umma will send us to school today. Our school bus broke down yesterday and that's why I'm here. And you have nine minutes to get ready.”

"What? Oh..sh...” Suzy shrieked and immediately palmed before she said the word. Throwing the blanket away, she jumped off her bed and ran to the bathroom, snatching her towel on her study chair along the way. The instant she stepped into the bathroom, the sound of water hitting the floor was heard immediately.

Kai laid on her bed while waiting for Suzy to come out from the bathroom. He loved the strawberry scent on Suzy's pillow. He laid there for a while before getting up and making the bed neatly for her. He was about to get out of the room when the bathroom door opened. Suzy stepped out with a white towel wrapped around her chest and her wet hair hanging around her face.

Kai turned to her. “This quick?” He asked and raised an eyebrow.

“Oh my gosh!’ Suzy screamed in shock, “Why are you still here?”

“I was about to leave just now.”

“Could you please go now?" She pointed at the door. “I need to get dressed.”

“Aw, Suzy... It’s not like I've never seen you getting dressed before. I’ve seen you since… since I can remember you.” Kai replied with naughty smile on his face.

Suzy grabbed a pillow and whipped it at him. “Shut up Kai. We are not three years old anymore. We’re seventeen, you idiot. So… please….” Suzy pointed at the door again.

“Okay, okay. I’ll go now. See you in the kitchen.” Kai said and walked out of the room. He didn't go downstairs though, instead, he waited for Suzy outside her room. After a couple of minutes, Suzy stepped out and wasn't surprised to see him was waiting for her.

"Let's go." Suzy said. They raced down the stairs together like small kids.

“Sorry, I’m late.” Suzy said with apologetic face at her umma.

“As usual.” Kai said as he sat in his chair and and Suzy sat next to him. Kai took a huge bite

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter