Apple Pie

I'm Really Pathetic, Aren't I?
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

She woke up and found the other side of the bed was already empty. She sighed. It’s been two days since Sunggyu slapped her face back then in the Kim’s mansion. She lifted her hands on to her cheek and relieved that it wasn’t as swollen as before. She remembered how hard she was trying to hide her swollen cheek from her in-law’s eyes when they bid a farewell to go back to their apartment yesterday.

Sunggyu has been a mute since that accident. By his agape expression when he slapped her, Eunji thought that it was an accident. But he didn’t talk anything even for just a simple sorry. Though, he still kept his promise to always sleep beside her. However, though he was right beside her, Eunji felt he was going farther and farther away. 

Today was Sunday and it was of course his day-off thus Eunji wondered where he went on this morning. Was he trying to keep abandoning her? But her prejudice soon swept away when she shifted into their kitchen and found him cooking. She was startling at a broad back bent over the kitchen counter stirred something looked like a big bowl of chopped apple. Never did she saw Kim Sunggyu waking up earlier than her nor preparing breakfast as what he did this morning.

She doubted it whether the man she was watching at was her real husband or not. But then he turned around and suddenly jolted back and rubbed his own chest after noticing her presence. “Oh, you surprised me.”

What was that? Why did this cold man act so clumsy all of a sudden?

“Are you—cooking?” she tilted her head to take a look at what was hiding behind him.

“Um—kind of,” he ruffled his hair, his eyes were avoiding her glances and his face obviously tinted by a slight of pink color. Why did he act this shy? Eunji couldn’t help but getting more curious of his odd behavior so that she approached him and noticing the ingredients on the counter along with a box of apples. Half of them probably already been used for making something.

“Are you making apple pie?”

He nodded when the sound of timer interrupted. He tugged on a mitten to take a loaf of fresh baked apple pie from the oven and then grinned. The man proudly put the loaf on the counter in front of her. She blinked several times, trying to understand of what he was trying to show off to her.

“Wanna try? It’s still hot though,” he poked the baked pie slightly with his fingertip. Eunji didn’t answer his question yet, but he was initiatively slicing the pie and served a slice of the apple pie onto a plate and handed it to Eunji grasp after putting a fork on it. Eunji took a glance at him, she was still wondering what was his true intention behind this sweet manner of him.

“This is my first try of making apple pie, my sagwa…,” he murmured while his other hand pinching his nose bridge.

She startled at him in agape. She noticed what his true intention was right away. Apple—sagwa—apologize. He was apologizing to her!

Aish, how could he become this cheesy? Why didn’t he just apologize directly rather than make an intentional event like this? Was it his true habit since he wasn’t kind of passing his feeling through word, but through his deed?

Actually, he felt so guilty after his hand slapped her unconsciously two nights ago. It was his first time to lay a hand on a girl. Moreove

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter