Agreement

I'm Really Pathetic, Aren't I?
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

It’s been a week since their last quarrel. They barely talked to each other and somehow acted as if the other was invisible. Tough, they did their daily activity as normal, it’s only without any words. They’d have breakfast together in silent, then Sunggyu went to work and back on night, having dinner in silent, then went to sleep without said anything. Sometimes Eunji thought of stopping to cook for him, but she just couldn’t do it. Their meal time is the only time she could be with her husband sitting together around their dining table, because Sunggyu will spent almost of his time in his office or in his old room.

Until one day, Sunggyu knocked her room around midnight and the sleepless Eunji opened the door right away in question.

“We need to talk,” he muttered. She blinked in disbelief. Actually, she was so desperate that she planned to make a first move tomorrow morning on their breakfast time. However it was a relief that Kim Sunggyu made the first move to talk to her. Eunji tried to not be looked too happy for this situation and kept her straight expression to nod in brief.

Sunggyu entered the room and sat on the edge of the bed. Well, this room was also his room that Eunji couldn’t kick him out of the room and just let him coming in anyway. She sat herself beside him, making some distance comfortable enough for their current cold and awkward situation.

Time passed by for another minutes, and still no one exchange any word among them. The sound they could hear only the tic-toc on the clock and some sighs from the two.

“Jiji-yah…,” Sunggyu started.

Eunji didn’t make any respond but she was listening. Actually, it was quite a relief that her husband called in her pet-name rather than being called like a stranger as what he did last time.

He sighed. “Should we talk about this arranged-marriage thing we had and clear up whatever happened between us?” He glanced at her asking for her agreement. Eunji nodded but didn’t bother to look at him.

Another sigh and he bit his lower lips, trying to gain some strength to start this discussion. “Well, as we both know, we are bonded by this kind of arranged marriage.”

She already knew, of course.

“Thus, I wished that you didn’t expect too much from this kind of relationship we had.”

She could felt some heat crept on her eyes. She knew what kind of condition they had right from the beginning and it was too hard to not expect anything. It was a lie if she stated that she didn’t fall for Kim Sunggyu since he always been so gentle back then. Though she didn’t fall that deep and only admitted it as a curiosity thought of him, it was so hurt when he declared his wish. However, she nodded.

“Honestly, I didn’t agree nor disagree about this marriage idea. But I don’t have any reason to refuse it. Moreover, my grandfather rushed me to get married before anything happen to his health and I couldn’t do anything when my mom persuaded me.”

Well, he was Kim Sunggyu after all, the mama boy and a loyal grandson of his family.

“I bet it was the same for you, that you did this marriage with me because of your parents. We both want our parents to be happy, right?”

They stared at each other briefly, and Eunji nodded admitting his question. There were too many differences between them except this one, that they both were a filial son and a filial daughter for each family.

“So, since we have a same vision, I’m asking you to be my partner in this marriage, Eunji-yah. Of course we’ve already married, but I ask you to endure more with our marriage, endure more with me. Please bear more with someone as flawed as I am.”

Eunji frowned at his words. Was she proposing to her once more? Whatever it was, Kim Sunggyu didn’t have any romantic sense of himself. Though it was a relief of how he pleaded to her with sincerity. Oh, weren’t he being a hypocrite all this time? What if he suddenly back to his devil side?

“But I can’t bear it when you get mad at me, Oppa,” she finally mouthed her first words. “You scared me so much and you changed into a very different person every time you mad that I didn’t recognize you at all.”

“I’m sorry for scaring you…,” he muttered and lowered his head as if contemplating for his guilt.

“Honestly, I’m quite wondering, which one of your side was the real one. Sometimes you’re just too kind, but you are totally a different person when you get mad. I thought that you are some kind of hypocrite,” Eunji blurted in no mince matters. Sunggyu gasped at her comment about him. His eyebrow frowned and his eyes squinted into two slits.

“Rather than questioning which one was the real me, why don’t you try to ask yourself about what have you did that I’m being that mad

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter