Happy Family

I'm Really Pathetic, Aren't I?
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Mr. Kim, Mr. Park from Giant Constructor is already coming," his secretary gestured to a middle-aged man behind him.

"Oh, yes. Please, welcome," Sunggyu got up from his seat to approach his guest. He stretched his hands toward his guest for shaking hands but soon his was stiffed as he noticed a woman following behind Mr. Park.

"Ah, here is Mrs. Nam Soyou. She was the best in this area so that I choose her as our school building construction project leader," Mr. Park introduced her. Kim Sunggyu dazed at this familiar appearance of the woman who was unexpectedly his ex-girlfriend he tried to forget.

"Nice to meet you, Mr. Kim," she bowed toward him as if there was nothing between them, as if it was their first meeting and they were not knowing at each other. Oh, he knew that he must be professional at his work.  But why did she suddenly come right in front of his nose? Why it must be her out of all people?

"Um—Mr. Kim?" Mr. Lee as his secretary cleared his throat to snap his mind back. "I'll get Ms. Yang to bring the documents and some drinks."

"Oh, yes please," he blinked his eyes several times, gathering his mind back. "Please have a sit, Mr. Park, Mrs.—Nam," he let his guests to have a sit on the couch in front of his desk while he strode himself back to behind his own desk. Soon after, Mr. Lee back with document files in his hands following by a young woman who brought a tray of tea set.

"Here is the document, Mr. Kim," Mr. Lee stood beside him while the young woman called Ms. Yang put three cups of tea on the desk. Ms. Yang then bowed to her boss and strode herself out of the room.

They soon started their little meeting about school building project under Taesan Group Company. Somehow Kim Sunggyu was out of his mind every time he heard the voice of a woman in front of him if it wasn't Mr. Lee who notified him by clearing his throat or brief coughing beside his young boss. Mr. Lee was Taesan Company's general secretary for about twenty years or more so that he knew very well about Kim's family affair, including the life of his company's heir, Kim Sunggyu. Though he only knew about the name, he was sure that the woman was his young boss' past through this unusual habit of his young boss.

Their meeting was going smooth as they ended up got some agreement of their cooperation. Big thanks to Mr. Lee who was secretly leading the conversation in behalf of his half-minded-young boss.

"Please sign on this document, Sir," Mr. Lee bent down to spread out the agreement paper in front of his boss. His other hand secretly poked and flipped a framed photo picture of his young boss and his wife on the desk. Kim Sunggyu automatically stared at the flipped picture and he noticed his wife's picture on it. He somehow managed to control his mind back by just looking at his wife's picture and he smiled while putting the picture back to its original place.

"Thanks, Mr. Lee," he hummed as he noticed that the tiny accident was his secretary's smart-wit to snap him back from his own little world.

He then signed on the paper, followed by Mr. Park and Mrs. Nam. After a chitty-chat for some more minutes, his guests then bid their farewell as their meeting finally came to an end.

"Thanks for your cooperation, Mr. Kim," Mr. Park shook his hand eagerly.

"No, it was me who thanking you for participating and helping this big project," he replied him in same manner. But it was suddenly awkward when he turned to shake the woman's hand as well. "Um—thank you too, Mrs. Nam," their hands touched briefly. He wasn't sure what he felt when he touched that soft hand again after their last time interacting as a couple.

"You're welcome, Mr. Kim. Hope this project will be going smooth and... see you in our next meeting then," she smiled, and he felt something wrong fluttering in his chest for a brief. This damn woman.

***

 

"Annyeonghasibnika, Young Lady."

"Hello, Young Lady."

"..., Young Lady."

Eunji still couldn't familiar of how people in her husband's work always called him as 'Young Lady' while bowing and treated her as a young queen. Though, she couldn't deny that she was the wife of their Young Master and that she was the daughter-in-law of this big company's Executive Director. She felt so honored since it was her first time being respected like this.

She fastened her step following her mother-in-law who was 'the real Lady', heading to the highest floor of the building, right to the Director's office.

"The Ladies are here, Master!" Mr. Lee announced as he opened the door for the two women while brought two package in one hand.

"Lunch time!"

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter