The Feelings

I'm Really Pathetic, Aren't I?
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

He stayed awake all night long though Eunji has already drowned in her deep sleep. He her hair several times and his eyes never left her beautiful features. He was contemplating of every sin he did to this innocent woman. He was the bad guy and he always hurt her mentally and also physically. As they agreement said, she was able to divorce him anytime she wanted, but yet she never left him and always stayed still beside him.

He was the bad guy who has hurt her many times, but yet she always forgave him and even confessed that she has already fallen for him. Sunggyu was so speechless when he heard it by his own self. It wasn't a lie when he started to have something tingling about her after her confession. And while he was still confusing about his feeling, there the embarrassment accident occurred all of a sudden. He didn't know how to react, how to respond her, yet he could only blurt out some rants toward her.

He was the bad guy, while she always been the caring wife for him even though they were getting married by force. Being together for some months was enough for him noticing her presence, her scent, her voice, her cooking taste, her embrace, her smile—and he couldn't deny that he liked everything about her.

However, his anger toward his past unrequited love blinded him from the sun that rose up right beside him all of this time. Eunji was loved, but he couldn't be that easily to open up his heart for her. He was trying to move on, though it needed some more time longer.

He thought that by keeping away from her would be the best for him for contemplating but in the end, he missed her so much. It was him who started it first by avoiding each of their meal time, but he didn't anticipate that she would strike for not cooking as well. It might be childish, but he kind of missed the taste of her food.

It was him who started to avoid her at first, but he couldn't bear it when she avoided him even more. He liked it when he was about to rub up against her but he was disappointed when she acted as if he was invisible. He liked it when he heard her voice, but his heart was hurt when the sound he was listening to was her sob only. He missed her laughter. He missed the time when she said that she has fallen for him and that his heart fluttered when heard it—though he didn't admit it back then.

He might be too afraid to admit and conclude his feeling as 'love'. But his verbal subconsciously said it when she was unconscious as if his subconscious mind was still even keeping his childish pride in front of her. But that's how he realized that he has already fallen for her. That he wanted her. That he didn't want to lose her and hurt her anymore. He wanted to protect her.

Surprisingly, he didn't even think about that 'Soyou' girl anymore. Did he finally forget her already? He wasn't sure yet.

But one true thing was, he needed her, he needed Eunji right now. He would try to be a good husband for her, not because of his promise to his grandfather, not because of his promise to her, but because he wanted to. He wanted her for his life, and nothing more.

***

 

She was waking up first and found herself was still in her husband's embrace. He was still in his dreamland that Eunji tried to not wake him up while she was trying to release herself from his arms. But he didn't budge even an inch and he tightened his grip instead. His unconscious state didn't even want to let go of her from his embrace. Probably, she could wake him up asking for her freedom. But she didn't want to take the risk of being shoved off by him for the umpteenth time. She was afraid of being dumped by him again.

He then started to open his eyelids because of the writhing creature in his embrace. She was frozen, anticipating of what he would do after realizing their current position. But he closed back his eyes instead of push her off the bed as he ever did before. He cuddled even more, obviously tried to comfort himself for some more sleep.

Eunji was wondering in her mind. Who was this man hugging her this tightly? Was it Kim Sunggyu?

"Gyu-oppa...," she tried to wake him up. "Oppa-yah... aren't you going to shove me off as usual?" she dared to ask a bold question to him, but he didn't answer nor show any respond to her at all. She was disappointed. Was he going to avoid her again?

"Oppa, let's get up...," she whined feebly while trying to loosen his hug on her body.

"Ten minutes. Just give me ten minutes more. I'm still sleepy, Jiji-yah," he muttered with his still closed eyes. This time he answered her!

Eunji was surprised that Sunggyu didn't avoid her at all. Moreover, he called her again by her pet-name, 'Jiji'. She reminded of his promise he said last night, that he wouldn't dump her anymore as he always did before. Was he being serious to keep his promise this time?

"Aren't you going to work, Oppa?" she tried to allure him with different question.

"It's my day off," he answered simply, but his eyes were still shut.

"But—"

"Shhh!" he hissed, cut off her last word. "Ten minutes, Eunji-yah! Please give me ten minutes more before getting up," he sounded upset.

"Alright. Ten minutes then...," she complied him. She peeked at the clock on the wall for counting. However she got impatient a

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter