New Phase of a Relationship

I'm Really Pathetic, Aren't I?
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

His last meeting with Soyou at cafe was an en passant moment since Kim Sunggyu now was too busy working on his company project. Hence, he met Soyou every several days for job occasion thus they get along closer day by day.

Despite this work-colleague relationship he had with Soyou, Sunggyu somehow barely told her wife about his job. He was literally too busy and barely met his wife only on breakfast time and/or very late at night. Since this project began, he got home at late night when Eunji was already slumbering in her dreamland. Sometimes she would wait for him, but she couldn't help it when Sunggyu came too late. Thus, Sunggyu often found her sleeping on the couch when he was arrived at home as tonight was.

It was already one thirty after midnight when he finally got home. He didn't dare to ring their doorbell because he didn't want to disturb his possibly sleeping wife. And as he expected, there was a purred entity slumbering on the couch and he felt really guilty for making her waiting and that she forgot to cover herself by blanket for the umpteenth time.

He gently carried her bridal style to their room and laid her down on their bed. He then strode to their bathroom after making sure that she was covered by a warm blanket. After a brief showering and managing to change his clothes, he made his way back to their room and shifted on the bed. He slipped one of his arms under her head carefully so that she wouldn't wake up by his movement. However she stirred on their position and noticed that there was someone else besides her propping her head by his arm pillow.

"Oppa, are you home?" she asked in her half douse voice.

"Hm," he drew a light smile and she shifted to snuggle on his broad chest. She hugged him closer, sniffing at fresh bathed fragrance from his body. She enjoyed the touches of his hand which was still caressing her head lovingly. And soon, they both drifted in to a deep sleep for some more hours, cuddling closer to each other.

***

 

"Oppa, please wake up," she patted his shoulder gently, but he only grunted.

"Oppa, come on! The sun is already high! You'll be late for work," he shook his body heftier.

He grunted once more. "What time is it?" he asked in his husky sleepy voice yet his eyes still closed.

"Seven in the morning. Aren't your work start at eight, Oppa?"

"Nope, today it's nine. So ten minutes more, 'kay?" he buried his face into his pillow, obviously trying to get some more sleep.

"Oppa!"

"Hm."

"Oppa-yah...," she pleaded softer way.

"Hm?"

"Yeobo...," she poked his shoulder several times.

"Hm-mh?"

"Jagiyah...," she poked him rapidly and harder.

"Hmmm...."

"Kim Sung Gyu Oppa..., come on, wake up... breakfast is ready...," she coaxed. "You just have to wake up and brush your teeth first."

"Later, Eunji-yah, later... just ten minutes more, I'm still sleepy," he deepened his face into the pillow and covering his ear obviously annoyed by her morning call.

"Aish, this grandpa!" she patted him harder. "You'll be late for work, Oppa! And Abeonim will scold you again if you come late!" she notified him.

"Hm-mh, whatever," he kept resisting of waking up and wrapped the blanket even higher over his body, ignoring her plea and her light assault.

"Oppa!" she jerked the blanket aside and he growled by her sudden action.

"Ugh, Eunji-yah... you really are crueler than my mom," he finally sat his body even though his small eyes still closed. His hair was totally messy and it even messier when he ruffled it out of his annoyance.

"I can be even crueler if you keep resisting of waking up, my dear husband...," she threatened and tried to shove him out of bed. "At least, open your eyes, Oppa!"

"Alright, alright, I'll wake up now!" he shifted his leg hanging on the edge of the bed and stayed there for a few seconds while rubbing his eyes to snap his sleep away.

When he finally opened his eyes, he gained a sudden peck on the cheek so that he turned his head to look at the 'culprit'. "Morning, Oppa," she smiled widely and brightly so that he could not resist anymore.

"Only on my cheek, huh?" he squinted his eyes mischievously as he leaned on her for another brief lips-on-lips kiss which she didn't reject at all.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter