Hypocrite

I'm Really Pathetic, Aren't I?
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“So how was your marriage life?” Sunggyu’s mother asked her daughter-in-law. She was visiting the newlyweds as if inspecting of how was they do, ensuring that they kept on the right path in her opinion as any typical of mother-in-law.

Eunji halted, she tried to rearrange the words she was going to tell to her mother-in-law without giving any hint about her not-so-happy a month old of marriage life. She was a type who strived herself to not make anyone worrying about her own problem, including her household problem. She was certain that she could solve her problem with his husband by themselves since it was just some kind of problem between newlyweds. But the thing was, Kim Sunggyu did have a serious problem he kept along all this time and he didn’t seem trying to get rid of it at all.

Truthfully, Eunji thought that she was being deceived by the man. What kind of a man marrying a woman while he was still keeping another woman in his heart? Kim Sunggyu seemed to be a good kind of fiancée through their pre-wedding time. He was so gentleman that Eunji could only say ‘yes’ about their engagement plan and another ‘yes’ for his rushed proposal. But once they got married, he started to show his real self, the darker side of him that he never showed it before.

It started when Eunji found his notebook of his scribbles or more likely, his diary. Sunggyu write everything he felt into a poems or song lyrics on that notebook. She was sure that the ‘Soyou’ he wrote on the note book was the same ‘Soyou’ that Woohyun introduced as his wife. Eunji knew that he was one of Sunggyu’s closest friends, so it couldn’t be possible if he tried to avoid his own friend on his own wedding party but they had some problem occurred.

Was it perhaps Sunggyu and Woohyun used to chase for the same one woman and Woohyun win above him? Or perhaps Soyou was Sunggyu’s ex and Woohyun snatched her from him? Eunji was quite sure that it might be the second condition. She remembered that his cousin mentioned about Sunggyu already introduced a woman to his family before Eunji and she was sure the woman was that ‘Soyou’.

Eunji thought that she was too stupid for noticing that her arranged-marriage was some kind of odd. It was too fast and too sudden. Eunji didn’t even remember whether they ever said anything about their feeling toward each other or not. There’s none of any love confession between them. She wasn’t considering enough and just innocently did whatever their parents asked without any question. She was the victim, she was the innocent one.

The morning after she got yelled for the first time, she saw him in his usual state, the kind Kim Sunggyu with his calmed smile. However, the curious Eunji made an attempt to ask him about what happen last night on their breakfast time. Eunji thought that it might be a best time to ask since her husband always in good mood every meal time. But Sunggyu halted his breakfast and dozed off. His small eye glinted in angriness as he muttered some profane words for Eunji to stop talking about that issue. Eunji was shocked in agape by his manner but she didn’t want to give up and kept asking her what the reason made him so mad, and who was that ‘Soyou’ he mentioned in the poem.

And that was the switch on his tantrum. Eunji could see how his eyes turned even dark when hearing the word ‘Soyou’. And their breakfast time end up with S

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter