Stay With Me

I'm Really Pathetic, Aren't I?
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

She couldn’t manage to sleep that night thus she gained two obvious dark eye bags in the next morning. She couldn’t stop to think about her husband’s possible cheating with another woman and wondered of who that Mrs. Nam was. Judging at how he mentioned her as ‘Mrs.’ rather than ‘Ms.’, that woman might be already married as well and ‘Nam’ was her possible husband’s surname. But still she didn’t get any idea of who this Mrs. Nam was.

She did irk at her husband, moreover at his pokerface, at his perfect acting as if he did nothing behind her. He even didn’t react as panicked as Eunji thought he would be when he saw her touching his phone last night as if he didn’t hide anything inside his phone. He kept telling her that he was back from his work though Eunji was sure that he was from another place with that woman.

“Eunji-yah, are you sick?” he asked her at their breakfast time.

Eunji only shook her head feebly. She could hardly believe that this caring man was cheating behind him. She somehow couldn’t believe which one true or false. Kim Sunggyu was too ambiguous and unpredictable for her. She could barely read what was on his mind since this man was too introvert for himself.

She thought that she was in dream when she saw his hand landed on her forehead to feel her body heat. However she noticed that it was real when she felt his warmth touched on her skin.

“Ji-yah, are you getting some fever? You’re a bit warm and  look so pale…,” he leaned on above their dining table to observe her face closer.

She ditched his hand lightly and shook her head again. “I’m okay, Oppa. I’m just a little tired,” she forced a smile on her face.

“Are you sure?”

She nodded, and they continued to finish their meal.

“Oh well. I think I have to go now,” he said as his eyes checked on his wristwatch while his other hands grabbed his coat from his seat backrest. He approached her to land a brief kiss on her forehead. “Till then, Ji—”

She grabbed his hand tightly, not letting him go. He looked down at her, at her hands circling around his wrist, at her moist eyes. He kind of surprised by her sudden attempt to prevent him of going. He lifted his eyebrows questioning her of what’s going on with her. He could see how her lips twitching, trying to mouth some words.

“Don’t go,” she said.

He tilted his head.

“Can’t you just absent from your work today, Oppa? Can’t you please just stay with me?” she pleaded.

“Why? Are you really sick, jagiyah?” he got closer to her and half bent down so that his eyes meeting her at her eye level. His hand cupped her face caringly.

“Even if I’m not sick, would you just stay with me, Oppa?” she let out an obvious sniffle as she was trying to hold back her tears.

He stared at her eyes for some moment. Though he was confused, he was worrying her as well. He drew a light smile to comfort her. “Alright, then. Let me tell my father first, okay?” he patted her head before taking his phone to make a call to his father. He walked away from her just for some steps because she obviously didn’t want to be left alone.

“Abeoji, I guess I can’t come to work today. Eunji seems not well, so I want to look after her for today.”

“Oh? What’s going on with her? Have you brought her to hospital?”

“Not yet, she doesn’t seem that sick though. But she just—kind of not letting me go, she just wants me to stay with her. And guess what—I can’t resist her plea, Abeoji…,” he chuckled.

“Wait a minute—does she like to cuddle you more than usual?”

“Kind of… why?”

“Does she somehow feel nausea nowadays?”

“… how do you know?”

“Does she crave for some kind of sour food?”

His eyes run to a half eaten tangerine on the table in front of her. “I guess… so? Wait—what’s up with all these questions, Abeoji?”

“Nothing. Just keep stay beside her, I’ll give you a special day-off for today.”

He could hear his father’s chuckling voice through the phone line. Sounded fishy, he thought. Yet he had no idea of what his father tried to tell him about.

“Ah, by the way. What about the gift from your mother? Have you told her?”

“What kind of gift—wait—ah, I forgot to tell her!”

“Geez, you’re not even that old, but you already acted like a senile elderly, Gyu-yah. Whatever, tell her about the gift, and keep her save, okay? I don’t want something bad happen to my dear—um—

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter