"I Miss You"

I'm Really Pathetic, Aren't I?
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

He wished to approach her secretly, but blamed dog’s sharp sense of smell that made his three dogs turned out to him in sudden and attacked him in no mercy, longing for their owner. They bumped him down and him everywhere while he was struggling and wriggling underneath of them, clipping the wings of his plan. She was surprised by his presence but managed to control her expression. And after watching him being attacked by his dogs for a brief, she walked away inside the house, left him with the dogs.

“Eunji-yah! Wait!” he managed to call her beneath the weight of his biggest dog, Dubu. “Yah! Dubu-yah, let go of me! Coco, Nurung-ah!”

He was able to be freed of his dogs attack after a few minutes of struggling and then he followed his wife immediately in to the house. He noticed her already on top of the staircase, heading to the second story. He saw his father was sitting in the living room while reading a newspaper comfortably. He cleared his throat, declaring his presence. His father was surprised and took a glimpse at him and then turned to Eunji, then back at him and drew a witty grin. Sunggyu pouted at him for bewildering his own son all this time. Seemed like, his family has allied a conspiracy to hide his wife from him.

“Oh? Gyu-yah?” her mother walked in to the living room with a tray of snacks and cups of tea for his husband. “You’re here?”

“Eomma,” he whinned.

“Have enough contemplating, son?”

He sighed, but yet he nodded. Well, he realized that his family doing this for him introspecting at his fault.

“Come to her quickly, she has already waited for too long,” his mother let out a warm smile to encourage him.

“Ne, Eomma.”

He didn’t waste any time to climb up the stair and went inside his old bedroom to find her sitting on the edge of the bed, her back faced at him, looking through the window. She looked so beautiful at that time. Sunggyu was awed by a sight of this goddess in front of him. Was it because of his longing? Or was it because she was pregnant so that she looked more gorgeous than usual? Whatever the reason was, he felt like to hug her immediately. He already missed her too much.

 

The dazzling you swallows all the darkness of the world
And that light blinds me
Any kind of darkness loses its strength in front of you
I only need you

 

He approached her, and halted a while before deciding to sit beside her on the bed without any words. They kept in silences for quite long seconds before he finally mouthed his words, “I’m sorry.”

She let out a sigh but yet her eyes still glued through the window.

“I’m sorry for coming to you now, I don’t know that you’re here. I’m sorry, I’m such a jerk for making you leave. I’m sorry, Ji….”

She didn’t response him.

“Ji? Jung Eunji?” he just called her in a low tone, didn’t dare to shift closer or even trying to touch her. She was obviously still mad at him.

She huffed hardly then finally turned her head facing him. “Aren’t you too ignorant? Is that your first words toward your wife you didn’t meet for months?” she rolled her eyes in disbelief then stomped away to the window, crossing her hands in front of her chest right above the baby bump she had.

He thought hard to figure out what she mentioned about. He thought that apologizing was a prior word to be said to her, but yet she complained at his choice. What’s wrong he did now? But if she mentioned about first words he want to say to her, it had to be—

“I miss you, Ji,” he whispered and hugging her from behind. And Eunji was flattered by those words she longed for. Her nerves were tingling in joy by his touch and she couldn’t hide her emotion any more.

She turned around facing him and reached for his neck to attack his lips hungrily. He gasped at her sudden move but then he followed her leading, bent closer to her and kissed her back, letting her savoring his mouth in such fervor. If this was her way to punish him, he didn’t mind at all—as if it was his punishment. He was wondering of how much she missed him so that she acted this aggressively.

 

Your lips embrace my sinful lips, making me drunk with your scent
No other reward is stronger than this, I only need you

 

If it was not because of the needs of oxygen, he bet that she wouldn’t ever let him off.

They panted hard because of the passionate kiss they had. He leaned his forehead on to her and hugged her tightly while still keeping his body to not crush her baby bump. Their eyes stared at each other with such emotion of longing, loving, some guilty of him and anger of her. They could hear their hearts thumping hard by their entangling bodies. One of his hands reached to frame her face and caressing her cheek. He bit his lower lips while muttering his words, “Aren’t you still mad at me?”

“I’m still mad at you,” she exclaimed boldly, and he could tell that she wasn’t lying. “But blamed my hormones for doing this to you, Oppa,” she snuggled at his chest and hugged him tightly as well, comforting herself by his warmth and his musky scents she longed for all these four months as he caressed her back to comfort her more.

He remembered that his father ever told him about how pregnant woman got her hormones outbursted so that she must be more touchy and possessive at her husband. But he didn’t notice that his father tried to lead him to the fact that his wife was already pregnant since six months ago. He remembered of her mood swing and her possessive attempt last time right before her leaving and regretted it for not realizing that it was all because of her hormonal changing.

His hand travelled to her stomach, caressing the baby bump carefully. Suddenly, he pulled away because of a soft prominent pressure he felt by his palm. His eyes widened and he stared at his wife full of question, totally fascinated.

“I think it knows its dad,” she said softly.

His heart was fluttering by her short explanation. The fact of him being a father-to-be was tangible. And his child, the result of his love and her was now living inside her womb. His eyes were suddenly moistly and his stare turned out to be a typical fatherly eye, glazing caringly at her stomach. And Eunji snapped his mind back from his euphoria by placing his hand back to touch her baby bump. He bent a bit so that he could see it closer.

“How old is it?” he whispered.

“Six months. They said that you can hear the baby’s heart thumping if you put your ear on it.”

He looked up at her with his pleading eyes. “Can I try?”

She nodded and smiled, letting him to bent closer and put his ear on her stomach.

He smiled as he heard some feeble heart thumpings from the living fetus in her womb, from their baby. He pressed his ear closer yet soft and his hands kept caressing her sides. She was fascinated as she found that she felt relaxing by his touch and that her baby felt the same as if it really knew its father’s presence. It was never reacted this way to other people, even though when her mother-in-law, her father-in-law or her doctor touched her belly, they have never been the same as him.

She placed one of his hands on the top of her bump to caress it there for a brief and brought it back to the side. “Baby-yah, this is your daddy. He finally comes to meet us. Do you happy to meet him?” And she swore she could feel her baby flutter inside her womb as is re

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter