She's Gone

I'm Really Pathetic, Aren't I?
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

BGM: NELL - Walking on Ice

 

I’m really pathetic aren’t I?
I chase my pride and am not able to love
Still distressed and not able to sink in your choice
This is what I’ve become

 

‘I’m sorry.’

Sunggyu repeated those words in his head, trying to get the figure of what was exactly happen. He was shivering and his brain has gone down. His inside was dropped to the bottom of his stomach and his legs was limped so that he leaned on to the kitchen counter to prop his body. His eyes startled at the diamond ring. Why did Eunji left her wedding ring with the note here? Why this scene was just similar to the drama he watched yesterday? About the affair. About divorce. About the broken couple.

Was it perhaps—?

Sunggyu flew down to their room and bathroom but found nothing. And he just remembered that he didn’t see Eunji when he woke up minutes ago nor noticing her when he got home. He noticed that Eunji’s side on their bed was still neat so that only meant that his wife didn’t sleep here last night. Was it perhaps she has gone since last night? After he yelled at her to ‘get lost’?

Please, don’t—

He then flew around their apartment, checking all of the rooms, but found her nowhere.

She probably was buying something for cooking.

He then run outside, didn’t care at all even though he was so messy from last night accident or that his face was still wounded and got bruises in many place or that he was still wearing his home slipper. His mind couldn’t think straightly right now. He totally forgot his hurt and wound because his head was currently thinking hard about the fact of being left by his dearest wife. He could hardly believe that Eunji has just left him like this.

He preferred to believe that it was only her joke, not for real.

Sunggyu run to the convenient shop nearest to their apartment area. He then run to the nearest marketplace, but still found her nowhere. He checked on every shop there, especially to the convenience shop she used to visit together with him. The ahjumma there knew her and him so that she might notice it if she saw Eunji.

“Ahjumma, excuse me, do you see my wife? Perhaps she went to buy something here this morning?” he asked.

“Ah, Sunggyu-goon. Nope, I didn’t see Eunji today. Didn’t she tell you where is she going?”

He shook his head, his expression was blank.

“By the way, what happen with your face? You seem not in a good shape,” that market ahjumma observed his current condition and showed her concerning.

He couldn’t answer her question.

“Did something happen between you and Eunji-yang?”

He couldn’t answer that question either and only rub his twitching wound on his lips corner.

“Have you call her phone? She might be go somewhere but forget to tell you,” she suggested.

“Phone? Oh, yeah. Phone. I forget about the phone,” he totally forgot to call her since the first. “Thanks, ahjumma,” he mumbled then extended a ninety degrees bow and strode outside the shop. He then took his phone and immediately made a call to his wife. He felt stupid for not doing this since beginning. But yet, she d

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter