Healing Process?

I'm Really Pathetic, Aren't I?
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

If it were you, would you be able to understand these feelings?
If it were you, would you be able to hold this heart?
If it were you, these scars that’s extending inside my body
The pain that’s embedded deep in my heart, would you be able to look at those scars?

 

The newlyweds were still in Kim's mansion for a couple days more. It was the best time for Eunji for knowing more about her husband. It was a fortune when Eunji finally left with the mother of Kim while the rest of their family was spending their time at the backyard for a small barbeque party as the closing for this family gathering. Eunji and her mother-in-law were in charge of preparing the vegetables. Thus, they were planting themselves in the indoor kitchen to wash and to prepare those vegetables.

Being curious as usual, Eunji didn't waste her time to ask many things about her husband right from the closest one to him, his own mother, the mother-in-law of her. Starting by some trivial facts of him, continued to his childhood stories, and then of course, his past love story: The 'Soyou' who made her curious all the time.

Fact is, Soyou was his girlfriend since his college years for about six years or more. They were so passionate for being a couple that people thought their relationship would be last for marriage. Though they looked perfect, they have some lacks on each individual. Soyou was too carefree and blunt while Sunggyu was the opposite as he always been the talk less yet indifferent person. Through the explanation from his mother, Eunji found out that Kim Sunggyu already had a tendency of being a temperamental person since long time ago.

Since Sunggyu was a talk less person, it was fair if he was the kind of blowing up when he got upset. Six years being together with him was enough for his girlfriend's patienty. Sunggyu was always be the serious one, while Soyou often did some mischief and Sunggyu nagged her for what she did. One day, Sunggyu asked her to talk seriously about their future. He wasn't that kind of romantic guy and had not yet proposed to her so that Soyou thought that he was somewhat joking. Their conversation wasn't in sync and continued into a big fight. Then, they ended up breaking up their long time relationship at the moment.

A month after, Sunggyu found out that Soyou has already married with Nam Woohyun, his best friend since high school. Thus, he was so mad at both of them. He started to like drinking and smoking to release his stress. His temperament became easy to blow up. He became a quick at raising his hands and often beat some men who dare to make any scene with him. The whole family tried to calm him down and convincing him to forget about his unrequited love but he was already too hard to be controlled. He was a big mess back then.

However, he finally started to change when his grandfather's health getting worse. The grandfather collapsed when he heard about his grandchild's fight with some people in a bar near Itaewon. That was his last fight after he noticed that his bad habit was being a trigger for his grandfather's worsening condition. He felt so guilty. That's why, when his grandfather reminded the issue of matchmaking him with the grandchild of his friend, Sunggyu didn't refuse it as he did before. He tried to be a good grandchild and granted his grandfather wish to marry Jung Eunji while he was slowly trying to heal his own broken heart.

In the end of the story, her mother-in-law apologized to her for several times. She wasn't trying to deceive her about the reason behind their arranged marriage. Yet, she wished that Eunji would be a cure for

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter