Business Trip

I'm Really Pathetic, Aren't I?
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Three months already, and she wasn’t back yet.

Sunggyu busying himself by his work in his family company, and he said nothing about his leaving wife to his father. He barely met Soyou which was in same project as him since his father asked him to do the lobbying matter with their investor, both local and foreign. Thus, Sunggyu always sent for business trip to many cities and countries.

Once he went to Thailand, it was coincided with Woohyun’s and Soyou’s honeymoon trip and he had a meet with those two old friends of him. He somehow imagined what if it was him and Eunji who went for that honeymoon trip. And the crab dish menu he ate reminding him of Eunji’s crab dish. He wondered if Eunji would try to cook another Thailand dishes after saw them in their original country. He missed her cooking.

He missed her.

It was already four months. And he felt like crazy of missing her. His house was a mess since there was no one who took care of it after her leaving and he himself spent almost of his time outside for work, or for walking around searching for her anywhere.

Once he got home, when there was nothing to do, he would be enjoying his loneliness, sat on the couch and hummed her name several times while his hands playing with her wedding ring. He barely had any sleeping and could only look blankly outside the window every night as if he was waiting for her to come back thus his eyes bags got prominent each day passed.

His next business trip’s destination was Busan. And he was so excited since it was her hometown. He planned to visit his mother-in-law as he promised thus he brought his own car by himself. His mother in law even offered him to stay in her house during his business trip thus he didn’t have to pay for hotel charge. He was fortunate to have such a caring and considerate mother-in-law.

Three days stayed with his mother-in-law was enough for him asking anything about his wife’s past life. He got to know many things about her, since her baby age until her recent life before getting married to him, her favorite food, her phobia, her favorite song, her hobby, her favorite celebrity, her favorite Mashimaro plushy—basically everything. He got to understand her even more by visiting his mother-in-law house.

Lately he was interested in her photo album when she was a high schooler thus his mother-in-law gave it to him as a gift and he was so happy to receive it. He then was drowned into the pictures of her teenager life. Sunggyu wondered of how could he didn’t notice her back then though they are in same school. He was sure that if he noticed her, he might fall in love with her. Well, he indeed was too indifferent back then. Not to mention that he had a crush when he was in high school.

An unrequited crush, particularly. Though he only meet his crush once and never saw her again even until his graduation.

And he still couldn’t believe that he didn’t notice his future wife back then.

He was looking at her photo album again inside his mother-in-law’s sashimi restaurant that was linked to her house after that morning breakfast time. Though his business trip was over, he still had time before getting back to Seoul so that he decided to take longer time in Busan. His mother-in-law approached him every time she got a brief break and let her worker to serve their customer.

“Aigoo, I’m so happy watching your ear to ear grinning each time you look at her photo. You do love her so much, Kim-seobang?”

“Hhe. Ne, Eomoni,” he couldn’t hide his sheepish smile.

“Oh, I somehow envy of my own daughter for having such a caring husband like you.” And Sunggyu was startled by her compliment. No, he was not that caring husband for her daughter. He was a jerk for hurting her and even letting her go. “I missed my deceased husband…,” she sighed.

“I’m sorry, Eomoni.”

“No need to say sorry. Just enjoy

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter