Come Back Please

I'm Really Pathetic, Aren't I?
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

BGM: Kim Sunggyu - I Need You

 

‘Come back please, Ji. I’m sorry. I promise to treat you better. Just please come back.’

He texted her again and again despite she never give any response to all of his call and text message. At least she didn’t change her phone number. He has asked someone capable to help him tracking her number’s location but there’s no any result yet.

His wound and bruises has recovered one by one, though his heart was still desperate. He managed to live his life and back to his work after several days of despair. He tried to do his daily life as usual, so that his father wouldn’t ask him any further question about him and her and found out that she has already gone. What if his grandfather knew and his health getting worse? He’s such a bad grandson for breaking his promise toward his grandfather.

He promised to protect her.

He promised to take care of her.

He promised to never hurt her.

He promised to cherish her all his life.

But he is the one who broke all of those promises by hurting her, ranting her, even asking her to leave. He was the bad guy after all, and he hated himself for being like this.

There was still no result of her number tracking and he planned to trace any possible place in Seoul related to her. First place was her old apartment she used to live with her parents. But now that apartment was empty because her mother has already moved to Busan right after their marriage.

Should he search for her in Busan? But what would her mother think about him? The gentle son-in-law in fact was a jerk and didn’t deserve to get her daughter. Her mother would rage him, he was sure about that. But adding to the worse, he didn’t have any of his mother-in-law address or number. Asking her was impossible and asking his parents was not an option or his entire family would notice about his family affair.

He tried to ask the landlord of their old apartment and finally got the number of his mother-in-law. He then made a call to her.

“Yeoboseyo?”

“Eomoni, annyeonghaseyo. This is Sunggyu.”

“Aigoo, Kim-seobang! How are you, dear? Is Eunji with you? Is she okay?”

He was about to ask about her daughter when he noticed that her questions were supposing that she didn’t know anything about her daughter as well. Was it perhaps that Eunji was not in Busan? Where was she then? And what should he said to his mother-in-law about her daughter? He bet that his mother-in-law would kill him if she knew what was going on to her dearest daughter.

“We’re fine, Eomoni,” fine your face, Kim Sunggyu. “I was outside, Eomoni. So that Eunji isn’t with me right now.”

“Oh, I see. What’s happen, dear? Is there anything you need?”

“Mmm. Eomoni, can I visit you?” that was the most random question he ever asked.

“Sure you can,” she chuckled. “I have always waited for you to come here, dear. I already missed my daughter and my son-in-law. So when will you come here? I’ll prepare you the best sashimi of Busan when you come.”

“Mmm. Sorry, but—I think it will be only me who planned to visit you this time, Eomoni….”

“Oh? Oh, sure you can. In what occasion are you going to come here, Kim-seobang? Is there any problem?”

“Nothing particularly. It just… I want to ask some advice about Eunji, if you didn’t mind….”

“Is there any problem with you and Eunji?”

“No. Not. I mean—I want to make a surprise for her… just—” he stammered.

“Aaa, I got it. Sure you can visit me anytime, Kim-seobang. So, when will you come here?” Fortunately, his mother-in-law was clueless.

“I’m not sure yet. But I’ll call you again, Eomoni. But—can you please not to tell Eunji about me making a call to you?”

“I won’t tell her, of course. It’s about the surprise after all, isn’t it?”

“N-ne.”

“Alright then, I think I shall put off this conversation, should take care of my customer here…,”

“Oh yes, Eomoni. Sorry for disturbing and spending your time. I’ll be off now.”

“Alright. Till then, son.”

***

 

He waited for someone inside a café around Hongdae. He held two sheets of paper in his hand and read what was written there, ‘Honeymoon Trip’. Those two sheets of paper were indeed a pair of ticket for honeymoon trip he got as a gift from his mother right before his fight with his wife.

He wished that he was able to tell her about his plan to have a honeymoon trip this summer. However, his planned was failed and she ended up left him before he could tell her about the honeymoon plan. It has been two months since her leaving, and the ticket would be expired in two weeks or less y

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter