The Second Wedding

I'm Really Pathetic, Aren't I?
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

After finishing their dinner, they decided to be separated so that they could prepare for their special event. As Eunji was waiting in their apartment, Sunggyu busied himself with some preparation. And as Eunji threw ‘cheesy’ thing as their condition, he could only think of ‘one name’ experienced in this field, ‘Nam Woohyun’. He was glad to know that he was still around this apartment complex with his wife for shopping.

As expected from the greasiest of Namgrease, once Sunggyu asked for his help, he immediately beamed with many ideas of cheesy confession. Sunggyu had to keep himself of puking just by listening to all of his cheesy idea. Though, he had to choose one of his ideas which he thought was the most acceptable for his grace. They only need some more preparation, and some help from their old friends thus the event was declined to the night. And Eunji was wondering what her husband was doing in below floor and what kind of event he would show to her.

Minute by minute passed and she was getting impatient, until she heard someone rang their apartment bell. She thought it was her husband at first, but then she was surprised by the sight of five familiar faces in front of her.

“Yah! Lee Sungjong! Howon-ah! Myungsoo, Yeol! Dongwoo-oppa! What are you doing here?” she beamed as she found her old classmates smiled at her by the threshold.

“Kekeke. Long time no see, Eunji-yah,” Howon, her closest friend among the four greeted her first.

“Hi, Eunji!” Dongwoo greeted her eagerly.

“We come to you, Mrs. Kim,” Sungyeol told their intention and the other three nodded over his words. Eunji was blushed by the way they called her as ‘Mrs. Kim’.

“Ah, don’t forget this,” Sungjong took something from behind his back, a flower wreath with ribbon. He put and tied it on Eunji’s head as her crown then Myungsoo handed her a bouquet of typical flower in same color scheme as her flower crown. It seemed like she was about to be a bride for the second time though the difference was only the fact that now she was obviously pregnant so that she couldn’t even think of wearing any proper dress for this impromptu event. Yet she was lucky for still in simple white knee-length dress covered by a simple white cardigan—at least it was proper enough.

“Does Sunggyu-oppa tell you to me in this occasion?” she giggled while sniffing at her flower bouquet. The five men nodded and let out some light chuckles. They themselves could barely believe that their oldest and grumpiest friend would do this kind of event for his wife.

“So, are you ready?” Howon offered his arm for her and she nodded as clasping her hand around his arm. She then was escorted to the first floor of their apartment complex, right to the focal plaza to meet her groom.

When they stepped outside the building entrance, they were welcomed by a line of candles directing to the center of plaza. Eunji was anticipating of what he would show to her there, surrounded by a throng of people. She noticed that all of the shop and café around the plaza turned their lights off on purpose so that the light she could see was only from the candles.

Sungjong, Myungsoo, Sungyeol and Dongwoo walked ahead as they tossed flower petals above her way while Howon still walked her down the aisle as if this event was a real wedding event.

First step, second step, when she reached for her third step, she could hear a music instrument played along as an intro of a familiar song which often being played for many wedding event. She then heard his sweet voice creaked from the darkness around them.

 

Not sure if you know this
But when first met I got so nervous, I couldn't sleep
In that very moment
I found the one and my life had found its missing piece

 

She kept walking escorted by Hoya, as the throng of people opened a way for her right through the center of that plaza, to the singing entity whose sang for her. Rather than cheesy, she felt this event way too romantic and her eyes started to be teary.

 

So as long as I live I love you
Will have and hold you
You look so beautiful in white
And from now to my very last breath
This day I'll cherish
You look so beautiful in white tonight

 

They stopped their walking and Hoya let her hand off from his arm as he walked back joining his other mates. She then approached her husband as he gesturing her to come closer to the center spot.

 

What we have is timeless my love is endless
And with this ring I say to the world
You're my every reason, you're all that I believe in
With all my heart I mean every word

 

He halted his song and knelt in front of her, showing her the diamond ring. He then talked with his microphone, obviously audible for the entire apartment complex.

“Jung Eunji-ssi, my sun of my days, my moon of my nights, my light of my darkness…,” he paused to cleared his throat, totally nervous of proposing in this quite long sentences compared to his first unromantic proposal to her. Moreover, he was watched by many people now. Eunji held her chuckles as she saw him looking at a cheat note that was written on his palm. And out of nowhere, someone approached them from the darkness, it was Nam Woohyun in an obvious dog-collared suit which was often be used by a priest. She tried hard not to laugh by that sight of her husband’s best friend.

“Jung Eunji-ssi…,” he stuttered and reminded her to turn her attention back to the main protagonist in this scene. “Jung Eunji-ssi, um-would you mind to shine on my path once again, and stay as a sun who will always rise beside me, and stay as a moon who will always shine on my darkest part?”

He obviously took another peek to the cheat on his palm.

“Jung Eunji-ssi, my love, my beautiful wife, will you, with all of your heart and your mind, with your body and your soul, be mine once again and forever, spend the rest of your life with me, love each other sweetly, so that we will get sons who looks handsome like me and daughters who looks so beautiful like you?”
She could hear how everyone wooed at his last sentences and she couldn’t help but blushed. Sunggyu as well, he couldn’t hide his embarrassment as he now pressed his eyes shut in attempt to gain his encouragement.

“Jung Eunji-ssi, will you please accept this pathetic me, come back to me, and stay still beside me for the rest of your life? I promise that I will love you and I will cherish you for the rest of my life,” he held up the ring higher toward her. “My dearest wife who is carrying our unborn baby in her womb….”

Oh, come

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter