Being a Soon-to-be-Married Couple

I'm Really Pathetic, Aren't I?
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Ten years ago.

 

“Eomma, I think someone took one of my pictures from my photo album,” Eunji exclaimed as she found out that there was an empty space that used to be filled by a picture on her album. She flipped every page of the album and couldn’t find her lost picture anywhere.

“Oh? Maybe it just falls off somewhere?” her mother shrugged her shoulder briefly. Without Eunji noticing, her mother was smirking slyly because exactly, she knew where the picture that Eunji asking for was.

Thus, her lost photo was still being a mystery since then.

***

 

Present.

 

“Oh, Sunggyu-sunbaenim?” Eunji covered by her hands immediately as she realized that she just exclaimed abruptly out of her surprise. She was in a formal meeting for lunch after all, and she has just distracted everyone’s attention to her. Her mother patted her thigh under the table to warn her. “I’m sorry,” she muttered formally. Yet, she kept trying to steal a glance to the person whose his name was just shouted by her.

Kim Sunggyu was her senior during her high school time. For her surprise, he was just introduced as her fiancée out of any nonsense. Hey, though Eunji know about him, they never talked at each other and they were barely met since they’re separated by two bacht. He was in his last year when Eunji was a freshman. Eunji only knew him through her friend who was an admirer of Kim Sunggyu. He’s quite famous back then and Eunji literally shocked knowing something like this could be happened to her at haphazard.

The mother of Kim chuckled by Eunji’s reaction. “Ah, you’ve already knew each other then?” she asked. The son of her seemed muttered as if he tried to answer her question, but Eunji got to speak ahead. “It’s not like that, Eomoni. We didn’t know each other. But Sunggyu-sunbaenim was really popular back then,” she explained. Eunji’s another abrupt words only made everyone chuckled once more and she blushed right away. However everyone knew that Jung Eunji was a straightforward type of a girl after all.

Everyone laughed, except him. He just nodded in no expression or sometimes he drew a very small line by his lips ambiguously. Eunji was being curious whether he smiled or not, and whether he found this meeting as comfortable or not. She wasn’t sure if the already small eyes of him were squinted at her or not. Did he just give a clue that he didn’t agree with any of the talk between two families about his engagement with Eunji?

But Kim Sunggyu didn’t give any comment at all. He just acted as what his parents told him to. And Eunji caught that his voice was so sweet when he introduced himself. “Hello, maybe you already knew, but I’d like to introduced myself formally. My name is Kim-Sung-Gyu, and I am glad to tell you that I am you fiancée, Eunji-ssi,” he smiled briefly. Somehow, Eunji felt something’s wrong in his speech. It was too cold as if he didn’t say something right from his heart.

Truthfully, Eunji didn’t approve nor disapprove this kind of arranged marriage. But she didn’t have any excuses to refuse. She was single at all and her age is quite enough for marrying someone. Moreover, she didn’t find any bad intense behind this engagement and her parent did nothing to force her into this engagement.

It was just two families being friends for long time and they had a single son and a single daughter in same peer and tried to match them up in a formal way. Their engagement sounded rushing just because the grandfather of Kim’s was too old and being really sick that he really want to send his dearest grandson for marriage before he died. Eunji thought that Kim Sunggyu was such a filial son for his family. She started to respect him, yet she didn’t sure if she loved him or not. She just wanted to try what her parent suggested to her and she was sure that her parent wouldn’t ever harm her through this engagement.

Soon the formal greeting, lunch and the engagement issue proceeded smoothly, as the son and the daughter of those two families already wore their engagement

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter