15th Annual Concert

Home Sick
9 15th Annual Concert 
 

"Thank you for joining us for our 15th annual concert. To hit it off... please welcome... Bae Suzy performing Mandy Moore's Only Hope!" The auditorium tore out into a huge loud roar when Suzy was announced. She came out in a flowy white dress with her hair in a bun. 

"Look at my baby!" Baekhyun points at her then quickly pulls up video on his phone. Chanyeol looked over at him and decided to record her as well. The same opening lingered through the silent auditorium, everyone anticipating her angelic voice. And so she starts to sing. I close my eyes and focus on her voice; once again, there was that passion in her voice. From what exactly? Is it the love of singing? Or is it more than that? Her voice coos me, making me smile to myself. Wow. I wouldn't be surprised if a company asks her to join their company. She's beautiful and has the voice. I open my eyes to see her speak the last few words of the song, her eyes now closed. The song comes to an end and she's still closing her eyes. The whole crowd ruptured into a roaring applause. She definitely deserves it. I look behind to see people actually giving her a standing ovation. Not only did I feel obligated to stand up, too, but I felt like she deserves a standing ovation. Baekhyun hastily gets up telling Chanyeol, D.O, and I to get up as well. I stand up and looked over to my right to see D.O staring at his feet.

The applause finally dies down and the crowd sits down for the next performer. Chanyeol and Baekhyun motions us that they were leaving to go backstage for their performance; so, it was just D.O and I left sitting together. I lean over to D.O to whisper "what's wrong?"

He glances up at the stage and looks straight down.

"Was it Suzy's performance?" He continues staring at his feet. I thought for a moment, staring at the stage. What could the stage do with what's going on with D.O? Could it be... that he wanted to perform? That he wanted to be part of the concert? I shook it off knowing that probably wasn't the case. I mean, he can't even sing after all and all he worried about was food during the audition. "D.O, I'll buy you some boba. I found this great boba shop awhile back." I give him a comforting smile, or I hope I did. He looked at me and quickly looked away and nodded his head.


"Boboboba?" Chanyeol, Suzy, and Baekhyun reads together in a curious tone.

"Yes, I came across this place awhile back! You guys will love it!" I bounce on the balls of my feet and give my friends a cheeky smile.

"Well, what are we waiting for?" Baekhyun smiles back and holds the door for us- or maybe he just wanted to hold the door for Suzy.

Chanyeol drags D.O along, pushing him through the door.

"Come on D.O, cheer up!" Chanyeol says in a loud voice. "There's BOBAAAA!" We stand in line together staring at the menu posted above the cashiers.

"Suzy!" We all turn around together to find a round, chubby man breathing heavily. "I'm..." He rests his hand on his knees, catching his breath. Suzy motions us to go order our drinks while she walks up to the man and talk to him. He took her outside the shop to talk to her. Must be personal? We drink our bobas watching over Suzy. We see her face turn red and she glances over to us. She smiles worriedly and looked at the man and shook her head side-to-side. The man looks at her with his jaw dropped; he then remained is his composure and bowed his head respectively. She turns and enters the shop with a small smile.

"Suzy, what happened?" Chanyeol says assertively. 

"That man out there. That's what happened." She sits in between D.O and I, still wearing that small, timid smile.

"Who was that man? Was he a e?!" Baekhyun accuses, his face turning red.

"No, no, no! Nothing like that!" She raises her hands in front of her, waving it in disagreement. "He's an SM recruiter. He wants me to join their company. He was with the SM people at the concert tonight and they were impressed by my voice." I stopped drinking from my boba and D.O began to cough uncontrollably.

"D.O..."

"Baekhyun, don't you dare pat his back." Suzy gives Baekhyun a death glare, a never before seen look. She then closes her eyes and smiles again. "I told him that right now is not the time for me." She looks at all of us and begins to giggle.

"Why are you laughing?" I begin to laugh with her, and soon enough, the whole group began to laugh with her; even D.O laughed!

"I said no because right now, I'm actually enjoying my life with you guys right now. I know that being a trainee under SM is great, but at this point. I would rather be with you guys."

"You picked... us over SM?" Baekhyun is completely shocked, his mouth open.

"Yes. I did." Suzy smiles and grabs my boba and took a sip.

"I'll save being a trainee, an idol, another time. Right now is just not the time. And I felt it in my guts, so I'm going with it."

"Maybe 1toK will pick ya up!" Chanyeol blurts.

"But, I see her being in JYP's company." I respond to Chanyeol's hypothesis.

"Do you really? I mean, I like SM, too, but I'd pick JYP over SM." Suzy nods her head in approval.

"Really? JYP over SM? I'd pick SM to be honest." Baekhyun leans back in his chair and rocks himself back and forth.

"Anywho. You guys mean a lot to me. Right now, I don't want to focus on singing as my career. I want to focus on being... free with people I enjoy being around." 

"Oh Suzy!" I playfully push Suzy and we just laugh. I look over to see D.O frowning again. I think again about what could be bothering him, and maybe I was right. Maybe he did want to sing. And maybe, just maybe, he wanted to be recruited and that's why he's upset. 

"D.O, do you sing?" D.O pops his head up with wide eyes.

"Oh no! He doesn't sing at all! He can't sing! But he can hum pretty good if that counts." Chanyeol says nonchalantly.

"Can you sing for us?" I ask. His eyes become bigger and he blushes.

"Sing? Here?" D.O points to himself insecurely. 

"Yeah! Come on! I've never heard your voice before!" Suzy cheers him on as she gives him a thumbs up.

"Sing..." He whispers to himself. His eyes looking around.

"There's no way he can sing. Did you not hear him at auditions?' Baekhyun says flatly. Ouch. I glare at Baekhyun feeling hurt myself, too. "What? You were there."

"He cracked his first note. Can you sing?" I ask in a low murmer.

"Well, yes. Yes I can." Baekhyun nods his head as he rocks himself back and forth in his chair.

"Be careful Baekkie." Suzy says in a worried tone, her eyebrows furrowed together. He shakes off her comment and says that she's being over protective and that he'll be fine.

"Anyway, D.O. Sing." I focus my thoughts on D.O and give him a comforting smile.

"What do you want me to sing?"

"What's your favorite song?" 

"Um. Billionaire by Travie McCoy-"

"I LOVE THAT SONG, TOO! MAN! ONLY IF WE WERE AT THE DORMS I COULD PLAY MY GUITAR!" Chanyeol gets excited and stands up causing the table to push Baekhyun backwards.

"Baekhyun..." I look down to see Baekhyun with his yes wide open.

"Baekkie! I told you to be careful!" Suzy stands up on the table in a rush accidently knocking over Baekhyun's own drink on top of him. D.O, Chanyeol, and I all stare at Suzy helping Baekhyun get up from the floor trying to hold in a laugh.

"Baekhyun... You look like you... peed your pants." Chanyeol begins to let out a hearty laugh, rocking himself back and forth in laughter.

"Classic... wow." Baekhyun grabs a napkin and tries to take off the stain on his white shirt. He begins to laugh as well. "Geez! It does like I peed my pants!" I look at D.O to see him smiling. We make eye contact and begin laughing with Suzy later joining our plethora of laughing. I don't think I've felt this happy since I was in Austin. This comes pretty close. 

                                                                                                                                                                                         eg *  
 
 author's note 
um... so... apparently I forgot to "unhide" this chapter two days ago...