Double-ish Date

Home Sick
11 Double-ish Date 
 

"Lotte World?" I read after  Suzy slams the map of Lotte World on my desk.

"Yeh." She smiles like a little girl meeting a Disney Princess; there's happiness written in her eyes and her cheeks are rosy.  "Let's go. Tomorrow morning." I studied the bright colored map, my eyes catching a hold of a carousel and the swing tree. I point at it and look at Suzy with wide eyes. 

"Is that a yes? We'll go tomorrow morning?"

"-go where?" Chanyeol, Baekhyun, and D.O tower over me as they scanned the map.

"Lotte world?" D.O said in a low tone, almost unaudible. "I want to go."

"Then you should come with!" Suzy's smile widened.

"Me too!" Baekhyun interuppted. "I want to go! Like real bad."

"I do, too!" Chanyeol raised a fist into the air. "I'm excited!"

"The more the merrier!" Suzy let out a little giggle giving us a thumbs up. "Okay, we'll head out at 9 tomorrow!" 


"Lotte World..." I scanned the massive building from bottom to top, my mouth gaped open when I reached the top. "Holy-"

"Come on Sunny!" Suzy and the others are already leaving me behind. 

"Wa-wait!" I jog up next to Chanyeol and Baekhyun.

"Are you excited?" Chanyeol asked, his whole face brightened up by the aura of Lotte World. "Because I sure am!" I look over to Baekhyun almost skipping to the door. 

"Baekhyun, what are you doing?" I begin to laugh. 

"I'm just so excited!" He begins to yelling out random words out of happiness.

"You guys are weirdly... excited." I look over at everyone's grinning faces, even D.O looks like he's excited. He's actually smiling!


We stand in the entrance of Lotte World after buying our tickets. All of ours mouths open at the most magical place sits in front of us.

"This is magical." I scan the big room; everything is bright and all sorts of contraptions are at work. I spot the carousel; it's glowing and it's asking for attention. "You guys... we have to..." My words trail as I start running towards the carousel. The closer I get, the brighter the ride got. The horses wore fancy reigns, all their hair are curled perfectly. I run into the gate as I tried to stop my momentum, almost flipping over on the other side of the gate. I see a group of teenagers laughing at my mishap as I quickly gave them a smile and hid my face. 

"You really like the carousel, do you?" Chanyeol says behind me, my nerve endings react in a way where my body twitched. I turn around to see the others walking towards us, still trying to take a hold of what's around them. "I do." I smile to myself becoming nostalgic at a time when I rode a white horse in the carousel at Six Flags. "It makes me so happy." I put my hand on the gate in between the carousel and I and smiled at the laughing people on the ride.


I find myself sitting on a white horse--similar to the horse at Six Flags--as I rest my head against the bar that holds up the horse. D.O sits next to me on a chestnut colored horse grinning. Oh, D.O... Behind me is Baekhyun, Suzy, and Chanyeol all sitting on their own horse. They laugh together as the reminesce over past adventures they went on

The music begins to play, and slowly, the carousel begins to pick up speed. I feel my hair get combed through the air as we reached the top speed, closing my eyes while at it. The tingliness go through every part of my body making me sensitive to every touch. I feel a hand on my shoulder to find D.O standing next to me.

"The ride is over, Sunny." D.O nods his head giving me hand. 

"Oh, thanks." I grab my hand and hop off the horse. As my feet meet the ground, my body fell forward, my arms clasping around D.O for support. I look up to find a bright faced D.O. I let go out of embarassment and bowed as I said thank you and catched up with the others. How embarassing.


We ride more rides throughout the day, obviously enjoying each and everyone of them. 

"This is the most fun I've had in awhile." I lay my head on the table as we take a break for lunch. 

"I agree. This is definitely rewarding after a long-" Chanyeol places his index finger on the center of his lips as he thought. "Wait. Its only been two weeks since you came, Sunny!" 

"Two weeks already? It feels like I've known you forever!" Suzy gasped. Her eye lashes fan out as she blinked a couple of times in shock. 

"Yeah, I really had no idea it's been that short since I've known you guys. It feels like I've been here forever!" I sit up looking around the environment that surrounds us. The waitress comes up to us handing us all hamburgers with a side of fries. We all bow in unison when she hands us the last plate.

"Jalmuggetsumnida!" Baekhyun sings imeddiately digging in. "You know what this feels like?" Baekhyun speaks with his mouthful. He's defintely going to say 'a double date.' I look up and make eye contact with D.O reading each others mind. "A double date!" We both chuckled to ourselves since our prediction was correct.

"Why are you guys laughing?" Chanyeol asked, wanting to join. 

"Oh, nothing." I grin and gave a wink to D.O. Obviously we knew that he was going to say "double date." I have a feeling D.O knows the obvious feelings he has towards Suzy.

"What do you mean double date, Baekhyun? There's five of us!" Suzy asked curiously, taking a nibble of a french fry.

"Well... it's a double-ish date! I mean. The dates are me and you, then Chanyeol, Sunny, and D.O!"

"That doesn't make sense. I think it would be more like me and Suzy, then you, Sunny, and D.O!" Chanyeol sputters back.

"I beg to differ." Baekhyun pouts. "It's obviously me."

"No."

"Who is it, Suzy?" Everyone looks at Suzy as she thinks of an answer.

"Oh! I'm on a date with all of you guys!" She raises her hands to her cheeks and grins. 

"But that's not a double date, There needs to be two groups of dates." Baekhyun points out.

"Um... well... then Sunny and I! And then you three guys are dates!" She giggles.

"No..." D.O shakes his head in disapproval. "I would never go on a date with these two losers." 

"D.O!" I gasped.

"It's true. If we had to split up into dates, let it be Baekyeol over here-"

"Baekyeol?!" Chanyeol and Baekhyun said in disgust together, immediately turning red and facing away from each other.

"There's no way I would date Baekhyun!" Chanyeol pouted.

"That's so rude! I would totally date myself if I could." Baekhyun looks hurt and face palmed himself.

"You guys are taking this way too far..." I shake my head.

"What do you think, Sunny? Who should be paired up together?" Suzy fluttered her eyes.

"Well... obviously it would be you, Baekhyun, and Chanyeol. But then that would mean I would be on a date-"

"We're not on dates! We're just going as a group of friends..." D.O sputters, immediately eating his burger in big bites. I study D.O, beginning to frown at his worried look.

"He's right. We just went as friends." I agree with D.O as the others nodded their heads and started a new topic.


"This roller coaster only seats in pairs." I say timidly. "That means one of us has to sit by ourselves." The others stare at the roller coaster in front of us without any sign of confirmation. "So, how are we going to split up?"

"Easy. Kawi, bawi, bo!" Chanyeol grinned. In the end, I end up sitting with Suzy, Chanyeol with Baekhyun, and D.O sitting by himself. We used this method on other rides, but for our last one... Baekhyun was frightened. We were about to enter the haunted house.

"I- I have to be with someone." Baekhyun stuttered.

"I'm sorry, Baekhyun, but fair game. Chanyeol's with Suzy, and D.O's with me..." I say in an apologetic tone.

"You don't under-"

"Are you scared?" Suzy asked innocently.

"Me? Scared. No!" Baekhyun turned red and began to let out a nervous laugh. 

"Well, it's our turn." D.O and I walk together through a dark hallway. "This is... AHHHHHH!" I screamed as a ghost popped out in front of us. D.O let out a cry as he took a grip of my hand. "D.O!" I felt my knees begin to shake, but he wouldn't stop. He kept walking fast, dragging me from behind. I close my eyes, but then, I felt myself trip over an item. I feel myself land on top a warm body. I open my eyes only to find a scary, deformed face staring at me. "OH MY GOD! OH MY GOD!" I begin to scream, but for some odd reason, my body wouldn't let me take control of my own body. I couldn't move. I could only scream at the thing below me. I felt warm hands take a hold of me, pulling me up. 

"Sunny! Don't let go next time!" D.O takes a hold of my hand and he begins taking off again. 

"ARGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!" I faintly hear a high pitched voice ring through the room.

"Who was that?" I begin to laugh nervously.

"That was Baekhyun! Come on!" D.O tugs on my hand and we fast-walk through the maze of hallways and rooms. We finally make it out to find out that Chanyeol and Sunny beat us. 

"Wow! You guys made it out fast!" I begin to laugh hysterically, thanking myself that I ended with D.O. Without D.O, I think I would've been stuck with Baekhyun in the haunted house forever. I feel a squeeze in my hand only to realize that D.O is still holding onto my hand. 

"D.O?" I look at my hand and gaze at D.O. He looks at me and realizes that we were holding hands. He lets go immediately and bowed his head saying sorry. 

"OH MY GOD. THE LIGHT." Baekhyun literally crawls out of the door, sprawled out next to us.

"Were you scared?" Suzy crouched down next to him, poking him on his cheek. Baekhyun gazed at Suzy's perfect face and turned his body away.

"I'm okay..." 

"That's good. Let's go again!"

"NO!" The group of us said in harmony. We begin to walk towards the swings as Chanyeol had to pick up Baekhyun and help him walk a couple steps

"But-" Suzy pouts then catches up with us. "I guess the swings are fine." She links arms with me and D.O as she hummed with the melody being played over the speakers nearby.

                                                                                                                                                                                         eg *  
 
 author's note 
It's currently raining outside...
and it's making my super happy.
I LURVE RAIN.