Ghostbusters, Part 3: Chen and Kai

Home Sick
20 Ghostbusters, Part 3: Chen and Kai
 

Chen's POV:

"11:30? That basically only leaves us one hour. What's going to scare us in one hour?" I comment after we watch Sunny and Sehun walk mindlessly into the building, being succumbed into the dark school. 

"What? Do you want to stay in there longer? Because by all means, lets do it. Unless you're scared." I'm getting real tired of Kai trying to reveal, although there is nothing to expose, if I'm a scaredy cat. There's one thing for sure, I am not scared. Why should I be frightened?

"Oh, I'm so scared." I say in a frightened voice. Maybe I should play around with Kai. Hah! Maybe he's the scared one! I'd love to see that. "It's been a two minutes. Let's head in now."


We walk down a hallway blind, not knowing what was around us. Yes, we could visibly see, but all we could make out were shapes. We feel a cold breeze hit us as we pass a desk in the hallway, but who would get scared of that? There's no such things as ghosts. And besides, we just passed an air vent, so no worries. I look at Kai, but he wears a strained face. I can't tell if he's scared or not, but time will tell. Won't it?

"Wait. Do you see that?" Kai points out at a barren classroom. We see a slim figure standing inside the classroom. "Do you think-"

"No. It's not a ghost. But, let's check it out." I lead the way. We're in front of the door and I gallantly turned the knob to reveal the unknown figure. A gust of wind pushed against us for the window is open. There's no one here. I take a step in and took a good look of the arid class. "Ahh! The figure! It was just this!" I head over to the skeleton wearing an old, detiorating uniform jacket. We must've thought the figure was just this skeleton. 

"Chen!" I look over to see Kai pointing over to the corner of the room. I turn slowly, but not frightened. There. A body sits. I gingerly walked over to the unknown species. It feels like I'm in some sort of movie; it's pretty cool. I crouch down next to the lifeless body and discover it's a girl, her hair curtained her face. Valiantly, my hand reaches out to move her hair to the side.

"Suzy?!"

Kai's POV:

"Suzy?!" I blurt out, instantaneously running to the corner to see how she's feeling. I've never seen her like this--well maybe except for once, but it pains me to think about it; her head is tucked behind her knees, and she refuses to look at us. She's not that... happy-go-lucky person I would get annoyed with. "Ya." I push her a little, hoping she would return back to normal. Getting irritated, I did something that surprised not only me, but even Chen. I used my finger to tilt her head up. I felt weird about doing that because I rarely show affection, but... I felt like I had to do this. She slowly blinks at me, still not smiling. "What's wrong?" I whisper, concerned how she's feeling. She doesn't answer verbally, but she does scoot back into the corner as she shakes her head. Wait a minute. Is she-

"You're not scared, are you?" Chen reads my mind as he glances over to me. She doesn't make a sound, but she shakes her head again.

"You are scared, huh?" I ask, my hand rubbing her back to comfort Suzy. "It's..." I can't believe what I'm about to say. I bite my tongue, and continue. "It's okay, Suzy. You can stick with us. To be honest, I'm a bit scared myself," Chen puffs out his cheeks, trying to hold in his laugh, but I give him a cold stare making him restrain his laughter,"But... I guess what I'm trying to say, we'll protect each other!" Suzy finally opens her eyes, and she wears that goofy grin again. That's the Suzy I know. I pull her up onto her feet and she jumps up to hug me. My arms hang in the air; what do I do? Do... I hug back? I look over at Chen, his face "shocked" written all over his face. I give him a sluggish smile, confused as he is. I finally wrap my arms around her, resting my head on hers. She must really be that scared. This sudden feeling, I recognize it. But I can't think about it. It must not go back to that. I hear the desk screech against the floor; immediately after, the skeleton fell over onto the ground. Still holding Suzy, we both turn our heads to see a towering body glaring at us. Suzy begins to claw into my back as she screams into my chest, making me equally as petrified as I feel this wave of sensitive nerves on high alert. I can't move, but I can't scream. I just stare at the figure. He walks towards us, but then he suddenly makes a run out the door. What was that? I look over to see Chen yawning.

"Let's keep going?"


Chen's POV:

"Wait. I don't get it. Why are you even here? It's just supposed to be me, Kai, Sunny, and Sehun." Kai looks baffled.

"Baekhyun made me go." Suzy whines.

"Are you sure Baekhyun made you go? Or is it because you didn't want to say no to him?" I question. Knowing Suzy, she can't say no to others, even if it means she would be facing her fears. Suzy glances at me, a worried look plastered on her face. "Sorry..."

"Yeah, you better be sorry." Kai angrily says. "You should have said no, Suzy. If you know you are afraid of ghosts, then why did you come? You should have stayed... you should be happy that we actually found you." Suzy doesn't say a word, but she listens attentively as she nods her head.

"Wait. What happened to Baekhyun then?" I begin to feel worried for that kid since he too also gets scared like Suzy. Except... he actually will scream and yell.

"Baekhyun? I don't know... I just remember coming to this school with him. He was so excited and said that we should try to scare you guys, but who is he kidding? You have me... But, we actually made it to the cafeteria. We heard something, and I think Baekhyun saw something, too... But, I got so scared that I couldn't help but run away from the sound; then I hid." Suzy stares at her feet, whimpering.

"Cafeteria you say?" I ask, feeling a whole new level of excitement. "Wait, do you hear that?" I hear muffled voices nearby. We suddenly felt a cold aura wrapping around us, but no fear! We're obviously below an air vent. The voices begin to raise; I have to find out what that is! I look over at Kai and Suzy scared as hell, but if they come with me, it's just going to be a mess. But knowing Suzy, she's probably going to hide and for Kai, he's probably going to watch over Suzy. "I'm going to check it out. Um. You stay here."


Kai's POV:

"I'm really worried about Baekkie." Suzy's voice shakes as we slowly wander around the hallway.

"You care for that kid?"

"Of course I do!" Suzy fervently blushes, grimacing.

"I," I pause again debating whether or not we should find him, "I guess we could try to find him?"

"In this school? It's going to me impossible."

"You said the last time you saw him was in the cafeteria?"

"Yes."

"We'll... go to the cafeteria then." I gulp.


The cafeteria's design was to make an open, liberated feeling. The cielings were high, and the room was very spacious. Cafeteria tables are laid out neatly, but obviously are very dusty. If you look towards the cieling, you'll find that massive windows are built to see the outside world, creating that feeling of tranquility, I guess you could say. But at the moment, it's no where near serene. The wind is pounding against the walls of the school, and the trees are waving their arms casting shadows to move relentlessly.

"I don't think Baekhyun's in here." I say cautiously. I look at Suzy, dropping her head into her hands. "Suzy?" I go over to her, once again feeling weird that I keep giving her affection, as I rub her back. I haven't comforted her like this since... we were friends a couple years back.

"Baekkie must be so scared." She mewls, turning her head to rest her face in my chest. Not again... what am I suppose to do? If Bora saw this--but Bora's not here. I wrap her in my arms again, becoming more natural everytime I come into contact with Suzy. 

"Can we stay like this a little longer?" Her voice is almost unaudible. 

"Yeah, we can." I want to cry, but I can't. I have to be a man. I must man up.

"Don't forget about me." She begins to sob in my chest, causing me to hold her tighter, resting my head on hers, my eyes squeezed shut.

"I don't think I would ever be able to forget about you." I feel a swarm of butterflies form in the pit of my stomach. Because of her, I can feel. Because of her, I can smile. Because of her, I am something. Because of her... I can-

"Kai!" Suzy lets go to head towards the kitchen doors. "Maybe Baekkie's in there!" Our hands graze as she lets go, and I watch her run hurriedly towards the kitchen door. "Kai! Come on!"


"Yeah... I don't think he's in here, Suzy." I lean against the counter as I watch over her. She runs around the kitchen, talking to herself. She's still that same girl that-

"Kai! Come here!" I cooly walk over to her, my arms crossed. 

"What?"

"What is that right there? I think that's a flashlight! Can you reach it?" Suzy stands on her toes, reaching up as high as she can towards the top shelf. I chuckle at her and reach up to the flashlight. I pick it up, causing a large creak produce. 

"It's nothing. It's just a creak." 

"Oh my god! IT'S ABOUT TO FALL!" I look up to see a sack of flour pour over Suzy; the flour making it hard to see in the white fluff. I feel myself fall over, crashing against the cupboard, pots falling from the shelves; luckily, not even one pot hit me.

"Suzy? Where are you?" I turn on the flashlight and see this pasty, white figure standing in front of me. Her eyes opened, but she reacts to cover her eyes from the flashlight. I begin to laugh, but I get cut off when we hear voices outside the kitchen door. Suzy looks at me with worried eyes, but to be honest, it kinda creeped me out since she covered in white flour from head to toe. She walks towards the door, bravely as she tilts her head. The door screeches as it opens, causing the hair on my body stand.

"GHOST! GHOST! GHOST! GHOST! GHOST! GHOST!" A girl wails, almost sounding like she's about to cry. I stand on my knees to peer over the island.

"RUN!" I deep voice belts out, but by the time I got to the door to stand next to Suzy, the unkown guests already made it out of the cafeteria.

"Suzy. You just scared the out of people." I laugh at her. She looked at me, her eyes forming into little crevices, her pearly whites showing as she grins widely. 

"I know! I just stood there! That's all I did!" 

"WOW! Did you do that?" Chen stands in the doorway, grinning.

"Where did you come from?!" I choked.

"I saw Sunny and Sehun walk in, so I followed behind to see what they were up to. Apparently they're the voices I heard! They totally were scared out of their wits! It was entertaining. I felt like I was watching a movie!" He gives us a high five as he cackled quietly. "What happened to you, Suzy?" He still wears a grin. That goofy grin he always wear 24/7. Suzy and I looked at each other and begin to laugh. If he only knew...

                                                                                                                                                                                         eg *  
 
 author's note 
Sorry for the long wait! This week has been HELLA crazy.
Anyhow! I hope you enjoyed that :)
I'm thinking about writing a separate story of Suzy and Kai to further talk about their
relationship! Wouldn't that be interesting? I need feedback! Should I? :D 
ANYWHO.
Thank you for reading!!!
Feedback is awesome. Comments are awesome. You are awesome for making it this far. 
So... yeah :)
If you have any ideas you would like me to write about, don't be afraid to say so :)
NEXT UPDATE: Ghost Busters, Part 4: Chanyeol and D.O
For funsies, here's another tumblr link... for those Kai bias:
http://imfinedankyouandyou.tumblr.com/post/85275645855/cheesy-bastard-kim-jongin
(sent this to my best friend... I think she died--not really!)