Lunch Days

Home Sick
 

         Lunch Days 

*ding* *ding* *ding*

The bell rings in a steady beat of three releasing our class to go to lunch. Suzy turns around in her seat and charmingly smiles at me. 

"So? Are you ready to go to lunch?"

"I can eat lunch with you?"

"Duh. You're my girl- and it's not because you're the only girl at the school, other than Bora. I really like you, Sunny. I hope we become good friends."

"Thanks Suzy. That means a lot. Hey, I tell ya what. I'll meet you at lunch. I need to pass by the office and give them my transcript from my old school. They lost it somehow." I look at Suzy with big eyes, my eye brows raised waiting for her answer.

"Alright! I'll see you! I'll be eating outside under the big tree! And there's only one big tree out of all the trees on the lot." She chirped. She hopped off from her seat and took her pink lunch bag and swiftly left the room. Ok. Now for the office.


"Well, well, well. Looky here! Cowgirl came by to see Sehun!" Sehun gave a hearty laugh and pounded Tao's fist.

"I really don't get you. It's like everything you do, you think you're so cool, so you consequently find one of your friends to fist bump. Wow. So cool."

"Excuse me?" Sehun eyes me and tilts his head, pounding his right hand into his palm. 

"You heard me." I felt a pang of pain rush to my face. Did... did he seriously hit me? 

"Well, well, well. Looky here! Cowgirl came by to see Sehun!" Sehun gave a hearty laugh and pounded Tao's fist. I nodded my head, holding back what I really would have said. "Silent type I see?" I nod my head once again and attempt to walk around him to get the office.

"No, no, no! I don't think so. I think you're pretty, and I've been getting bored with this girl in an all girl school. I mean, it's fun to sneak over to her dorm, but... I need to cover new territory once in awhile. So, why not a foreigner?"

"You're disgusting." I gasp and slap my hand over my mouth. The things I say will bite me in the one day. "Can I please go, Sehun?"

"Yeah, sure. I hope you know I was playing with you. I wouldn't really do such a thing to a girl like you." He winks at me and motions his friends to walk past me. .


"Sunny! There you are!" Suzy waves over to me, stuffed with a sandwich. I smile to myself, happy that I've found someone nice to be with. 

"Suzy! Thank you for waiting for me!" I grin as I plop myself onto the spot beside her on the grass under the tree. 

"Yeah, no problem." Again, she talks with her mouthful and squints her eyes in happiness.

"Do you normally eat by yourself?" I question, curious if she eats with any of the guys.

"Yeah... I mean. Sometimes Baekhyun sits with me, but I think he just wants to get in my skirt."

"Get in your skirt?"

"Like, get in my pants, but because I wear my school uniform almost everyday... so, it's more appropriate to say skirt?" 

*ba dum tsss*

"Oh my god, Suzy. No." I cover my eyes as I laugh at her.

"Speaking of Baekhyun, there he is coming this way!" I look towards the direction of where she was staring to see Chen tagging along like a parasite. 

"Hello, ladies. May I accompany you for some lunch?" Baekhyun sits down next to us assuming that we accepted his proposal. Chen smiles at us goofily and lays on the grass as he swings his hand over his eyes. 

"Beautiful day, isn't it?" Baekhyun sighs, smiling at the blue sky above us. "It's as if... the sky copied your beauty." He looks at Suzy with a smirk, but of course. Suzy completely overlooked his advances and continued to chew on her food. Baekhyun had a sudden rush of disappointment and ended up just eating in silence. Even though it's quiet, I really enjoy being with these two. Oh, and Chen. So, these three. I smile to myself and finally take a bite out of my veggie wrap.

"SUNNY! Let me sit with you. I want to get to know new girl!" I look up to see big-eared Chanyeol running my way, dragging D.O by the sleeve of his uniform. 

"Aish." D.O scoffed at Chanyeol once they joined us by sitting down. 

"So, how are you liking school so far?" Chanyeol grins as he quickly munches down on his pizza.

"I think I'll come to like it soon." I simply say. D.O begins to cough uncontrollably making the group pause and watch him. 

"Are you okay?" Baekhyun leaned over to pat his back.

"NO! Don't pat his back! If you pat his back, it's not going to help him! He's choking!" Suzy cries, her sandwich almost flung out of her hand.

"I don't under-" Baekhyun begins to pat D.O's back. 

*plop*

Suzy straddles Baekhyun to the ground pointing at his face. 

"Listen to me Byun Baekhyun! If you pat him, it's not going to benefit him at all. You're only going to make the food go down even more than come out. That's why he's coughing, it's a mechanism to get the food out!" Did Suzy really say that? She's actually... 

"Smarter than she looks. I know." Chanyeol nods his head in approval, reading my mind.

"...someone... help..." D.O gasps.

"See! Look at what you did Baekhyun! If you would have listened to me, I wouldn't have had to explain to you why not to pat someones back when they choke."

"Oh my god, Baekhyun. Your nose is bleeding! Are you ok?" I cry out.

"...someone..." 

"You're... straddling me, Suzy." Baekhyun begins to laugh hysterically. 

"What a !" I yell as I push suzy off Baekhyun. "Don't get any weird fantasies, ya hear?"

"Um, you guys. D.O does not look good..." Chen points out as he sits up from his nap.

"You now just got up after all this crap happened?" Chanyeol retorted. D.O's face start to turn an eerie color, alerting everyone's attention towards him.

"OH MY GOD. WE HAVE TO HELP D.O!" I panic, slapping Baekhyun on the shoulder for distracting us.

"It's easy. Heimlich maneuver." Suzy gets up and walks over to D.O. She helps stand him up, and then wala! D.O looks normal, but weak.

"What did you have to eat, D.O?" I investigate his lunch to find a nice, cooked steak in his tupperware. "You choked on steak?"

"..." He sits frowning at the ground.

"Was it something I said?"

"No, I think he's just upset that he messed up on his cooking. He normally doesn't mess up. It's rare." Chanyeol says as he nods his head. Everyone sighs and agrees with Chanyeol's observation. 

"That totally makes sense." Chen says in agreement.

"My god! You guys are terrible. I'm mad because you guys took forever to save me!" D.O pouts and eats his mash potatoes instead.

"I'll have the steak-" D.O gives Chen a death glare and turns away from us as he chows down on his mash potatoes.

"At least you're still alive." He lowered his voice so only the ones closest to Chen could hear. He chomps down on the steak, hurt by D.O's reaction. 

"You guys, I don't think Chen is breathing. I think he's chok-" I gingerly say.

"GOSH DANG IT BAEKHYUN. I TOLD YOU NOT TO PAT ON HIS BACK." 

                                                                                                                                                                                                 eg *  

 

    
         author's note 
 

        Thank you for making it this far :D Have a great day!