Ghostbusters, Part 4: Chanyeol and D.O

Home Sick
21 Ghostbusters, Part 4: Chanyeol and D.O
 

D.O's POV:

"Let's go, D.O." Chanyeol waves me over to enter the so called "haunted" school. I blow my bangs out of my face as I walk towards Chanyeol with my eyes refusing to make eye contact with Chanyeol. "D.O. Stop being like that." He pushes me on the shoulder as we take a step through the rusty door. I shoot him a glare and continue to focus on what is ahead of me. "We're here because we want to scare the kids. Right?" 

"Right." I lie. That's not really the reason why I wanted to come to this trash-filled school. I just wanted to make sure that Sunny was not going to be harmed. I rub my stomach as I feel a sudden clench in my stomach.

"Do you hear that?" Chanyeol freezes in his tracks, his hand grasping my shoulder. I turn to look at him and see the fear written in his eyes. "Let's check it out."


"This is... actually really spooky." I hear a shaky voice waver. We follow the two, like spies, trying to be unseen and incongnito. The two walk down the hallway slowly, their arms almost touching. I analyze the two ahead of us trying to make out who they are. They were obviously a guy and a girl--wait. Is that...

"Ya! That's-" I cover Chanyeol's mouth, almost missing since he is so tall.

"Be quiet."

"But-" His voice muffled.

"I know." I let go and we peer from a pile of desks. I spot an open classroom door, phasing me to bring Chanyeol along to inspect what the two kids are up to. It's Sunny and Sehun; who knows what Sehun will do... We hide behind the classroom door, our heads popped out to watch. A breeze lightly grazed our cheeks as it passed through the hallway, my body shivering from the touch. 

"Hey." Sehun, almost unaudibly, says. He grabs Sunny by the hand; they just stare into each others eyes without saying a word. I feel the urge to run and separate the two, taking Sunny away from that rascal. But, I can't move. "You're really cute." I feel a sudden rush of heat strike through my body. I feel numb. Sunny, do something! But she doesn't. She doesn't reply. That's not the Sunny I know. She continues to gaze into his eyes, her focus not wavering. I can't look, but I can't turn away. Sehun slowly leans in; he's going for a kiss! I feel a pang of pain punch me in the gut as I watch Sunny fall into his spell. She, too, is going in. I need to stop her, but how? 

bammmmm

I snap out of my trance to see that Chanyeol had thrown a vase; pieces of it lay lifelessly. I immediately ran up to Chanyeol, meeting his strange gaze; why is he looking at me like that? I stare at him, trying to read his face. He knows... he knows that I care for Sunny. He knows that I was worried... he knows that if Sunny and Sehun kissed, I would be... lifeless. Just like the vase. Broken into pieces and couldn't be fixed perfectly. I admit that-

"AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH! SEHUN RUN!" We snap out of our daze and look out the window to see Sehun run right behind Sunny; my heart feels like it's being ripped out slowly. I drop my head and stare at my shoes. 

"Ya. D.O." I avoid his eye contact, and continue to stare at my shoes. I feel like crying, and I can't find the reason why. My mind is going crazy, and I can't decipher what's going on with me. My hands clench into a ball; I don't want to be here anymore. I have to go. I need to go. 


Chanyeol's POV:

"I can't believe him... why did he leave me just like that?! Especially since I helped him." I walk through the hallway mindlessly, kicking a pebble towards the end of the hallway. I tuck my hands in my pockets and shake my head. D.O. What the hell? 

I feel a breeze, but colder. It wasn't the breeze that passed by awhile ago; this one... made me feel numb. I paused in my steps to take a quick look behind me. I turn to see a bright light shining in my face; I quickly raise my hands to shelter my eyes. I discover a silouette behind the light; is that a ghost? I feel my throat tighten, my legs beginning to shake. I snap out of my daze, turning to run out of the hallway. My legs drag as I run, but I feel like I'm carrying the weight of the world with me. I sweat and pant, almost crying as I make it out of the hallway. I shut the doors behind me, falling onto the ground as I squeeze my eyes shut.

"I'm really worried about Baekkie." Suzy. That's Suzy. I feel a burst of energy run through my body as I hear her voice. I wear a smile as I follow her voice. I stay hidden as Kai and Suzy walk past me. 

"You care for that kid?" Kai sighs.

"Of course I do!" Her voice belts out. Don't take it the wrong way, Chanyeol. I try to be completely oblivious to my feelings and shake it off. I watch them walk away from me; their figures becoming smaller and smaller. I feel the temperature change, goosebumps forming on my skin. Please, not again. The picture of the unknown silhoutte remains in my mind, causing my hairs to stand up. I really need to get out of here.


I lay my head against the door, my eyes closed as I try to barge my key into the key hole. 

click

I twist the key and open the door. I find D.O already in his pajamas staring blankly at his cellphone. I cannot help but sympathize with him. 

"Hey." I try to break his focus. He doesn't blink. "Ya." And again, I get the same response. I close the door behind me and search for some pajamas. "So, after you left me... I think I came across a ghost." I pause my search to look at D.O. The same reaction. This is what I feared. However, I smile to myself trying to remember it would be worse if they did kiss. But, this is a first. It really shows me that D.O has the capability for caring for someone. I smirk to myself. For once, D.O seems human. He's not that alien. He's not that silent kid. He's not that heartless kid. He, too, has a heart that can... love someone. "If it helps any, it's normal to feel that way, Kyungsoo. Don't stress too much about it." 

                                                                                                                                                                                         eg *  
 
 author's note 
Hello :D I hope you enjoyed this chapter! The next 
update might be next week... since I'm leaving for Hawaii on Tuesday!
Or perhaps I will write one more tomorrow! :D Yeah? Okay.
Anyway. Once again, thank you for reading and subscribing; it means a lot :) AND for being oh so patient with meee
I hope you have a great day. Byyyyeee
Next Update: Baby Don't Cry
for funsies:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ju_TufhhK6A
they made a new singing parody. oh my goodness! I DIED>
but, if you hvaen't seen this before, I recommend watching 
the Miracles in December singing parody first xD
oh my gooodnes.s..a/sdfsadflkasjf;a