Bubble Tea Changes People

Home Sick
6 Bubble Tea Changes People 
 

I guess if you're going to live in Korea, you have to go to a Bubble Tea Shop once in your life. I've had some plenty of times in Austin, but... this should be different. It's in a whole new country! I stare at the ground watching my feet pass by the other foot. Left, right, left, right, left... I stop and find myself standing in front of "Boboboboba." I look through the windows scoping the place out only to see Sehun by himself happily drinking his Chocolate Bubble tea. I felt weird seeing him there because usually he had this annoying aura, yet manly feeling. But seeing this... he looks like a child, an innocent, cheeky little thing. Maybe if I walk in and ignore the fact that he's there he won't notice me. I need to act normal and pretend I don't know him. Maybe I should pretend I'm not who he thinks- he just spotted me. . I feel my legs twist, debating whether or not I should walk in, but of course, I came here for one reason and I must fulfill that. I put on my big girl face and walk in completely oblivious to the fact that Sehun is sitting by himself- god. He knows I'm here. We even made eye contact. 

"Annyeonghaseyo!"

"Hi! Um... can I have the..." The cashier lady looks at me with big eyes. I don't think she understands me. "Um, jwesonghamnida." I bow my head embarassed and point at the picture with what I assume is strawberries. The lady, who actually looks a lot younger than me, nods her head and points at the price. She suddenly turns red and immediately looks down. Did I do something? I feel a heat resonating from my left side only to see Sehun taking money out of his wallet.

"It's on me." The edge of his lips twitched as he hands the money to the clerk, consequently bowing his head afterwards. I end up sitting with him amazed by his well-behaved manners. But somehow, he still had that child-like feel around him. He's grinning like a child, and not like the way he grins whenever he makes a smart- comment. "What's wrong? It looks like you're confused about something." My lips protrude to the side and think about why I'm confused. Why am I confused? Is it because this Sehun I'm talking to is someone I can actually tolerate? I don't know how I feel right now.

"No, I'm not confused." I lie and kick myself mentally. He looks at the counter and looks back at me.

"I'm going to get your boba. I'll be back." I watch him leave; the way he walks catches my gaze. Something about him... is-

"Here ya go!" He hands me my strawberry boba and smiles. "Is it cold? Here-" He wraps a napkin around the drink and smiles.

"Thank you..."

"You like strawberries?"

"Depends on what kind of item we're talking about. Ice cream, I go for the vanilla."

"Well that's boring." He begins to laugh, but this was laugh... was sweet. He was adorable.

"Not as boring as your jokes." I reply, feeling my cheeks heat up.

"Ouch. That hurts." He smiles and looks down at his boba and takes a sip. I still cannot fathom this different side of Sehun. He could be the perfect guy any girl was looking for if he wanted to. He just needs to throw away that other side of his. The annoying and rude one. 

*ding* *ding* *ding*

"I cannot believe my eyes! Why is cowgirl sitting with Sehunnie here?" Bora and Kai pulls up a chair as she gave a sly smile.

"Oh, I just happened to-"

"She definitely wanted the 'd'."

"Excuse me?" I say, aghasted by the quick change of personas.

"I'm kidding; she was by herself so she sat with me. I think she has a thing for me. Saesang almost." Sehun whispers loudly over to Kai and Bora. 

"That's not true-"

"Then why are you sitting with me? How did you even find me? It's not coincidental that you found me here. You just knew." Sehun says in a cold tone and rolls his eyes.

"But-"

"Girls, I mean. Girls other than Bora." I watch Sehun's sudden change of heart talking to what he calls his friends. All they did was gossip... and make fun of others. I don't understand; why is he like this?

"Anywhoooo, have you guys been working on your dance routine for the audition?" Bora rests her head on Kai's shoulder.

"Yeah we have. It's going to probably our best dance routine yet!"

"You guys dance?" I blurt out. They all look at me and begin to laugh together like laughing hyenas.

"No we don't dance. That's why we're trying out." Kai says sarcastically.

"Sorry, I didn't mean to-"

"It's whatever. But, hey. Are you going to the concert? You might learn a thing or two from us. By the looks of it, you don't look like you dance. In other words, I don't think you can dance." Sehun stares at me with empty eyes. He then begins to laugh and gives a passionate high five to Kai. I put on a fake smile and nod my head. I take out my phone and stare at the time. 

"Well, it looks like I have to go back to the dorms now. I'm suppose to study with D.O." I get up from my seat and throw out my unfinished strawberry boba. So much for the cute Sehun.

 

                                                                                                                                                                                         eg *  
 
 author's note 
I'm sorry for making this episode/chapter kind of depressing. D: