Audition Surprises

Home Sick
8 Audition Surprises
 

"Listen here, Sunny." Suho slams a piece of paper onto my desk. "I don't care if you reject because this is mandatory."

"What's going on? What are you talking about?"

"You're going to be one of the judges on the panel for auditions." Suho points at the top of the paper that has 'AUDITIONS' written at the top. 

"Why would I be a judge?"

"Look at it this way," Suho sits on my desks and looks out the window. "You are foreign. What's even better is that you're from AMERICA."

"And you're saying..?"

"You can bring what you know from Hollywood's artists and use it to judge everyone at auditions. You're a great addition to the school. Remember that, Sunny." Suho hops off my desk and flashes me a smile. "I'll see you after school." Before I could say anything, he already left the classroom.


I sit at the panel with Suho and Luhan.

"Fist to audition is... Bae Suzy." The monitor at the front motions for the contestant to come out.

"Suzy! Oh... I'm excited." I whisper to myself. Suzy steps out in her uniform, but this time, her hair was tightly curled making her curls bounce at every step she took. She looks at me and smiles as I gave her a thumbs up.

"Miss Suzy... it says your 165 cm... just curious. What is your weight?" Suho says in an interested tone as he squints his eyes to look at Suzy.

"Is that completely necessary? You don't need to judge her weight in order to see if she passes the audition." I raise my eyebrow at Suho and return my gaze to Suzy. "I'm sorry, Suzy. Okay, what are you going to sing for us?"

"NO! Let me do the talking. Sorry, Suzy. So, what are you going to audition as? Singing? Dancing?" Suho interjects and then retains his "cool."

"Singing." Suzy bounced as she clasped her hands together making the curls pop up and down.

"Oh wonderful! And what are you going to sing?" Luhan asks giving Suho a 'don't you dare get mad that I spoke' look.

"I'm going to be singing Mandy Moore's 'Only Hope'." We nod her to start and she smiles and closes her eyes. I can't take off my eyes her pure beauty as the music starts. Once started, this whole new aura was presented. It wasn't the silly, sweet Suzy I knew. This was a Suzy that showed a mature side to her. It was beautiful. 

"There is a song that's inside of my soul..." I hear gasps in the crowd of people who stopped by after school to listen. This voice. D.O was right. Her voice is so angelic. I close my eyes and listen to the emotion she put into the song. It was filled with passion and... somehow I felt like in order to have this passion, something must have happened.

"... I know you're my only hope..." The room was so silent. We were in shock. Who knew such voice existed! 

"That was-"

"I mean it could have been better." Suho says as he twirls his pencil inbetween his fingers.

"Suho?!" I slap Suho on the shoulder. "I bet she sings way better than you could ever sing." I expected some sort of defense, but he looked at me and raised an eyebrow.

"So you think she should pass the audition?"

"Of course!" 

"Okay, Sunny says yes. Luhan?"

"Yeah!" Luhan and I then both look at Suho anticipating an answer.

"It was gorgeous. I felt like crying. Congratulations!" I begin to clap and gave a blow kiss to Suzy congratulating her. Suzy bounces up and down and her smile seemed to be brighter than ever. She runs off the stage and I could hear her squeal in the background. I'm proud of her. I really am. So the next hour or two, I got to see very bad auditions, but some were pretty top notch. Kai and Sehun came out with a real killer dance causing everyone cheer loudly in the crowd. Then came Baekhyun, Chen, and Chanyeol's funny skit. I don't think I have ever laughed so hard in my life. They got the whole auditorium and laugh at their jokes as they performed their skits; they could totally be in those Gag Shows I see on tv. 

"The next contestant is... Do Kyugsoo?!"

"D.O?!" I blurt out. What could he possibly do? D.O slowly walks onto the stage and stares at the floor. "Um, hi D.O. What are you going to do for us today?"

"I'm going to..." He murmers something but we couldn't make out what he said.

"You're going to do??" He stares at his feet for a bit. He kicks one foot out and then sets his foot parallel to the other. Finally, after what seemed like minutes of awkward silence, he rose his head and looked at no one else but me.

"I-" 

"Yes?"

"..."

"D.O?"

"I'm going to sing." I hear a distinct gasp throughout the auditorium. Even I thought it was shocking. D.O? Singing?

"Alright... and what are you going to sing?"

"Maroon5's 'This Love.'" 

"I love this song!" I react causing him to blush red. The lights dim and and the music starts. The guitar strums, the steady, yet gentle beat of the drums play in the background. Is he going to do it?

"I was-" he cracks his first note and from that point on... he quits singing. "Actually... I didn't come here to sing... I just wanted to know if you had any food? I'm really hungry..."

"Is this really the time to-"

"I'll be waiting for you." D.O turns on his heel and swiftly runs off the stage.

"Oh wow... I thought he'd actually be good at singing. Apparently not... that sounded pretty raw. It's so frustrating. I thought he had a secret talent or something." Suho rests his chin on the palm of his hand and lets out a sigh. "Well, all in all, looks like we're going to have a great show!"


Afterwards...

"Baekhyun? Are you okay?" I see Baekhyun with his headphones on, tears wanting to spill out.

"Suzy. Her voice is like an angel." He starts babbling nonsense and leans against the wall. "I don't think I can hold myself up any longer..."

"Baekhyun, calm down.."

"My legs feel like jell-o. Is this normal?" Baekhyun's tears begin to spill out and he starts to ramble hysterically.

"Where's my food?" D.O pops out from behind me causing me to knock over Baekhyun. 

"Baekhyun!"

"No... just leave me... I can't process-"

"Where's my food?"

"D.O, I don't bring food with me everywhere I go."

"Then buy me some food."

"Buy you food?"

"Yes, let's go." D.O takes hold of my hand and leads me away from Baekhyun.

"It's okay... Sunny... I'll be alright... I just need to rest... for a bit..."

"D.O! What about Baekhyun?!"

"He'll be alright. Suzy is walking his direction anyway." I turn around to see Suzy helping Baekhyun up with Chanyeol, and cleverly, Baekhyun leaned against Suzy telling her how amazing she is. D.O scoffs and starts to tug on my hand harder. "I want meat. Walk faster."


 

                                                                                                                                                                                         eg *  
 
 author's note 
 
I'm sorry this one isn't as great!