Baby Business, Part 3: Chanyeol and Xiumin

Home Sick
15 Baby Business, Part 3: Chanyeol and Xiumin

Day One:

"What?" I look over to see Suzy smile at Kai when their names are called. No this can't be right! She should be with me... I mean. Kai's already--well technically--with Bora. And... I don't like this random partner thing. Suzy glances at me, catching me staring at her. For just a moment, I feel this sudden feeling of happiness form in the pit of my stomach, and the corners of my mouth pulling back. She flashes me a quick smile then promptly returning to face Kai. 

"Chanyeol and-" I look at D.O then Baekhyun hoping that one of them would be my partner. "-and Xiumin." Xiumin? Xiumin doesn't turn around or budge when our names are called. I've never talked to that kid before; he's too quiet and he's an introvert. I get up from my seat, Xiumin consequently following along to pick out our baby.

"Chanyeol, Xiumin... you will be having a..."

"Can we pick?" I ask out of curiousity.

"I'm sorry, but no. You're having a girl!" Xiumin and I stare at each other in shock. A girl? We don't know anything about girls- well. I don't know about that. Maybe Xiumin has a secret life. A double life. Maybe he picks up girls left and right. How funny would that be? This kid? With girls literally lining up to be with him! That would be a sight worth to see!

"So, what are you going to name her?" I glance back at Suzy, seeing her smiling at her baby and chatting with Sunny. 

"Suzy." I confidently say.

"Suzy?" The teacher asked, Xiumin sweating out little beads. "Suzy... like. Bae Suzy?" 

"Uhh... no. I just like her name. It's... American like!" I cover up my face with my large hand and look down.

"Alright... then... Suzy-"

"No. Her name will be Baozi." Xiumin blurts out. The teacher looks conflicted and he studies our faces.

"Okay. Will it be Suzy or Baozi?" Teacher questions. I look at Xiumin, confused with the name Baozi. Isn't that some sort of food? Like a steamed bun?

"Steamed bun?"

"Yes."

"Um... we can but the names together!" I compromise, still staring at Xiumin's flower boy look.

"But it would still sound the same... it's either Bao-zy or Su-zi." Wait. How's that even possible?

"That doesn't make sense... they're two different names, and when you put the two together they sound the same still?"

"Chanyeol." The teacher shakes his head in disappointment. 

"Oh... I guess we'll just pick-"

"We'll go with Suzi, but with an 'i' instead of a 'y'." Xiumin quickly says, then grabbing the baby in pink and heading back to his seat with his head hung low.

"Suzi with an 'i' it is then." I bow with appreciation towards sungsaengnim and moved my stuff to sit next to Xiumin. He sits in his seat with his legs crossed, cradling the baby with his head still hung low. I take a quick glance over to see Suzy watching Kai mess with their baby. Suzy watches with a concern face, her forehead forming little creases and forming an 'o'. Wait... if I be a really great dad, maybe she'll notice me! Okay. That's it! I'll show her I'm a great dad!

"Xiumin!" I turn to look to my right to see Xiumin missing. Where the heck is that kid? Wait, where's the baby? I scan the room as fast as I can not finding Xiumin. Oh god. This kid is quiet, and he disappears out of no where...

-----------

Day Three:

"Xiumin. Let's eat with my friends today! Does that sound good?" I walk side-by-side with Xiumin; he's staring into the baby's eyes, studying them. "I'll take that as a yes then?" He doesn't reply and continues almost admiring the baby. "Do- do you have any friends, Xiumin?" Xiumin's head automatically pops up, meeting my eyes. Dang, this kid is short. I didn't think I would have to look that low--

"Do I have any friends?" Xiumin repeats my question, verbalizing each syllable carefully. I nod my head. "We can eat with your friends today." Does he have any friends? Well... maybe he'll tell me later. I don't want to force it out of him. Besides, we're not even that close.

I see my group of friends sitting together under the massive tree towering over them with shade. Suzy is leaning on Sunny as they laugh together, almost crying their eyes out. D.O is smiling widely and Baekhyun is flailing his arms in the air, probably reenacting a skit he saw on tv. By the time we get there, the group was exhausted by whatever they were laughing about, Suzy lying on the ground, Sunny hunched over as she rests her head on her hand, D.O still smiling, and Baekhyun snorting. This is the group of people that make me look forward to school. They're the one that make me excited to go to class. They're the one who'll always make me happy whenever I feel like I'm not worth it. They're probably... they're my everything.

"Hi Channie!" Sunny shocks me with a nickname that she's never said before. She gives me a huge smile as she puts her hand down and sits up straight. 

"Hi, Sunny! Hey you guys, I hope you dont mind, but I brought Xiumin along!"

"Xiumin?" Sunny says in a confused tone. I understand that she's still new, but she should remember Xiumin! They sit next to each other!

"Yeah! Xiumin! I turn around to find no one around me. "Xiumin..." He's gone. He disappeared. Again. With the baby. "I swear! He was just with me! He said he would eat with us!"

"Well maybe he just said that to make you happy and he went to eat with someone else!" Baekhyun interjects, taking in slow breaths in and out to calm his laughter.

"But I feel like he would've told me-" I reply, feeling worried for the kid. I sit myself down inbetween D.O and Baekhyun resting my head in my hands. "I can't believe I lost him again." I squeeze my eyes shut, struggling to breathe through my cupped hands over my face. 

"Channie, it's okay." I hear that angelic voice sing adding her cute giggles at the end. My hairs begin to raise, and I don't know why. I look up, my hands still covering my face, but I peek in between my fingers. Suzy is now sitting up with her hands folded in her lap. She looks at me with a comforting look making my stomach churn inside. Why is this happening? "He'll come around. I've known Xiumin for a long time now because his parents are closely affiliated with mine. He's actually really sweet and flower boy like!" She clasps her hand together and fervently blushes. "He's super adorable and he's like a cat!" 

"A cat? Kkaebsong..." Baekhyun buzzes and starts laughing on the ground again. We take a second to watch Baekhyun have his fit and he rolls around in the grass.

"YES, Baekhyun. A cat. He needs to get to know you before he warms up to you and stays around. He'll run away and hide at first." Suzy says in a soothing tone. 

"But he seems like he's comfortable talking to people. Just by the way he looks." Sunny looks at Suzy with a concerned look.

"Well, you see how he has pink hair right now?" The group watches Suzy carefully, interested on what she has to say pertaining his pink hair. "Well, he died it pink because he thought if he had pink hair--which remember. Pink hair is not normal and it's really out there--he would be more confident."

"Oh! That makes sense. With a fashion statement like that, you need to be confident to walk around school!" I blurt out, tapping my chin.

"Yes! You're correct! And you do understand why he chose to sit next to Baekhyun right? Because Baekhyun is loud and funny and he hoped that he could begin to talk out more just like him."

"I think I'm just covering him up more than I am helping him." Baekhyun holds in a laugh and keeps composure. 

"Hi Minseok!" Suzy bobs her head left to right as she looks at the person sitting next to me. Xiumin!

"Minseok's your name?" D.O finally speaks up.

"Neh. Kim Minseok." He blushes and looks down.

"Where did you go?" I ask, feeling weirdly close with him now that Suzy explained some things about this kid. But, I wonder why he's so shy.

"I- I went to eat on the rooftop." He stutters, glancing to look up at everyone, his eyes setting on Suzy as she gives him a nod.

"Why? You said that you were going eat with my friends today, and I swear to God that you were tagging along."

"Yeah. But. I don't know. I didn't feel right; so, I went to eat where I usually eat. But, when I was on the rooftop, I saw you guys and felt lonely." So he came down here because he felt lonely. Maybe he doesn't have any friends.

"Hiya noobs!" Sehun and Kai sit next to their respective partners. Sehun playfully pushes Sunny on the shoulder causing her to blush indiscreetly. She pushes her hair behind her ear and gives a quick glance to Sehun and smiles staring at the ground. D.O coughs loudly as he excuses himself saying he needs to use the bathroom. I look at Suzy; being as friendly as she is, she actually makes Kai smile for once. I've never seen a smile like his before; and for once he smiles purely and innocently. This is weird. Suzy rests her hand on his shoulder, whispering into his ear causing him to laugh with his eyes shut. His laugh are like little hiccups, trailing off to laughing with no sound. That should be me. With Suzy. Not Kai. D.O comes back, using my shoulder to help him sit back down on the ground. I focus my gaze on Suzy, watching her, Kai, Baekhyun, Sehun, and Sunny chat. They begin laughing as a chorus, even getting Xiumin and D.O to laugh quietly with them. Did I miss something? I see that Suzy is leaning on Kai, laughing really hard. Why is she on him?! What is she doing?! The laughter passes and I feel this lunch time dread on, slowly. 

"GET OFF OF EACH OTHER!" I blurt out, promptly feeling my own hands slap my face in embarassment. I feel a huge heat rush towards my cheeks and I can't help but lower my head with my eyes squeezed shut. I can't believe I said that. I don't know what got to me!

"What's wrong, Chanyeol?" Of course Suzy would be the one to ask. Of course she would be the one worried. Why is she doing this to me? I hear a squeak next to me.

"Sorry! He was talking about m-me. I was sitting on our baby and he get mad." Xiumin backs me up, and I can't help but feel relieved. The whole group shrugs off my interjection and they continue on with their conversation. 

"Thanks Xiumin." I pat him on the back and give him a smile. 

"It's no problem at all. Do you like Suzy?" I hurriedly cover his mouth with my hand afraid that she or anyone else would hear. He peels my hand off his mouth and shakes his head, almost laughing.

"They're not going to hear! They're too involved into their conversation. But, do you like Suzy?" Do I like Suzy? I never really thought about it. Do I? I mean, I just get mad whenever other guys are around here. No, she's just a friend. I only like her as a friend. NO! She's like a sister to me!-- I think. Wait, do I like her? No. No. I mean, even if I did, I would have no chance with her. Do you see how perfect she is? How pretty she is? How sweet she is? She's an angel. She's the epitome of an angel. The way her hair always flows in the air, the way she smiles sweetly, the way she always makes me happy. Yeah. There's no way she would like me. So. That's my answer. I don't like her. I just admire her too much. Right? She's like... a sister to me. I think.

"I only see her as a sister. I'm just over protective over her!" I say absurdly. I feel my stomach disagree. Why do I feel like this? 


"Chanyeol. Thank you for letting me eat lunch with you guys." Xiumin looks away embarassed.

"Hey, no problem. You can eat with us anytime." I pat his back again.

"No, really. Thank you. I've never opened up to people so quickly before. I'm really just close to Suzy honestly. And this is a first. I hope we can be friends after this project." Xiumin bows his head and grins like a little boy on Christmas day.

"Yeah. Me too! I'm pretty sure we'll all become really good friends with you!" My hand goes after his soft pink hair and rub it making each hair go in a different direction. He blushes hugging me quickly and letting go. 

"Thank you! This makes me super happy!" 

                                                                                                                                                                                         eg *  
 
 author's note 
Sorry for not updating for the past three-ish days! I had so much going on
I had so much homework to do: read Frankenstein, work on a discussion post for Government...
study for a test... finish my college algebra homework. 
ANd then some stuff with my best friend happened. :( It's been a hectic week, but I'm back!
And i've been looking forward to updating this story! Thank you for reading :)
Greatly appreciated! THANKS :D I LVOE YOU ALL
NEXT UPDATE: Baby Business, Part 4: D.O and Baekhyun