Baby Business, Part 5: Suzy and Kai

Home Sick
17 Baby Business, Part 5: Suzy and Kai
 

Day One:

"Whaaaatttt?" Bora slams her desk with fists, furied with what Sungsaengnim had announced. The class sits in silence to the point where you can hear the birds chirp outside. I stare at her, awestruck at her reaction. "Exxxxxcuuuuseee me? Sungsaengnim!"

"Yes, Bora?"

"What is this? Why is Suzy with Kai?" Kai's my partner? I fix my gaze at the bronze haired boy grinning mischieviously. He looks up at Bora, who is standing out of fury, cackling at her outrageous act. 

"Because I picked the partners, Bora. If you want to choose partners, then you may leave this class and take a zero." Bora gives a death stare to sungsaengnim, making him flinch as her cheeks are a dark red. She closes her eyes and surrenders; consequently, hanging her head down low. I hope she's okay--but she's a bit scary, so, I can't do much. 

Minutes pass and I find myself sitting next to Kai. Sungsaengnim announced that our project for this week is to take care of a baby; honestly, I'm really excited! I grin to myself, picturing me and Kai taking care of a cute lil' baby. Kai leans over to whisper in my ear, commanding my hairs to stand up from the breath lingering lightly on my neck. 

"Suzy." I don't turn to look at him because one, his face would be right there, and two, I don't think I would be able to make eye contact with someone so close. So, I answer by a quick hum to avoid looking at him. "Don't worry about, Bora." He leans back in his chair and crosses his legs with a sly look written on his face. Pfft. Kai is something. Seriously. Why should I worry about Bora, anyway? It's not like I'm interested in canoodling with Kai. I don't see why she would get mad at me. I shrug off Kai's advice watch Sunny up at the front with Sehun. They look adorable

"Hey." Kai pulls my attention, this time not in my face. 

"Huh?" I smile gently. 

"Are you okay with being partnered up with me? I mean. You're nice, and I can be a ."

"Mmmm, I think I can suffice." I tuck my hair behind my ear and smile to somehow comfort Kai. "We've known each other since elementary, so, I don't see why I should be afraid of you. Although, you can be mean, but I bet you're actually nice deep down inside." He scoffed at my comment and rolled his eyes. Typical Kai. "Do you want to hear a joke?" His jaw tensed and looked at me with anxious eyes. "I like my coffee how I like myself: dark, bitter, and too hot for you." His jaw dropped and his eyes almost popped out of his head. I hear a little cackle come out, then an audible 'ha' started accelerating into a fit of laughter. He squeezed his eyes shut, almost making no sound whatsoever as he laughed even more. I can't help but join laughing with him. 

"What's funny is that you're not dark, you're not bitter, and you're-" he pauses and thinks for a second, tapping on his chin. "Anyway. I didn't think you were funny, Suzy."

"Ahaha! Just call me a hurdle, cause you can't get over me!" I reply, Kai chuckling once again. I just grin at him, feeling accomplished by making him elated and pleasant to be around. 

"You're something." Kai returns to his normal state and bites his bottom lip. For some odd reason, my heart begins to race; so, I gave him a quick smile and turned around in my seat to face Sunny.

"Hiya, Sunny." I try to forget the lip-biting and focus on a new topic with a new person.

"What was so funny you and Kai were talking about? I don't think I have seen Kai laugh since I've been here."

"I told him a joke. One of me classics." I push back my hair and wink at her.

"Are you okay?"

"I sure am! Why do you ask?"

"It's kinda creepy hearing you say that. It seems like you're trying to get in his pants or something what that comment."

"Sunny! I can't believe you!" I lightly push Sunny on the shoulder; Sunny sticks her tongue out at me wearing a smug look afterwards.

"Um. Just remember. Don't let Bora get to you... she keeps staring at you. Don't look, but she is staring at you right now."

"Oh, she can't be mad at me. Kai's just my partner."

"Don't you remember telling me that," Sunny leans over and whispers the rest,"that she's a ." Sunny leans back in her seats with terrified written in her eyes. "Remember my first day of class when she became a scary monster? She said to not to cross paths with her! If Kai's really her boy toy..."

"Sunny. It's okay! There's nothing to worry about."


Day Two:

Suzy: are you coming over today? :)

Kai: eh no

Suzy: but our project?? D:

Kai: i have better things to do

Suzy: oh, okay. maybe tomorrow?

Kai: we'll see


Day Three:

The bell rings three times, notifying the whole school that school is finally over for the day. I quickly gather my stuff promptly running towards the gym where Kai is supposed to be. I see the chocolate haired boy walk out of the gym with a towel wrapped around his neck. I feel my strides become bigger as I run past students in the hallway.

"Kai!" The tall figure stops in his tracks and turns around. There he stands, he's holding his towel by the ends, and he whips his hair to get his bangs out of his face. His mouth gapes open as I near.

"What do you want?"

"I." I feel speechless and have no clue what I should tell this almost model like boy staring at me. "Oh! I have some food for you and water!" I pull out a bento with water and hold it out for him to take. "You didn't eat during lunch today, so during my break I quickly made this for you because I thought you may be hungry." He gingerly takes the bento and water out of my hands, preceding to place the water bottle in his armpit as he opens the bento to see what's made.

"You made this..."

"Yes."

"For me?"

"Yes."

"Um. Thanks. I have to go now; I need to..."

"Oh! I'm sorry. Bye!" I wave goodbye to him as he turns away from me heading towards the locker rooms.


Day Four:

"Do you need help with that problem, Kai?" I noticed him struggling at his desk, biting his lip. He looks at me with innocence and bows his head in embarassment. 

"What do you know?" Kai murmers in a low voice. Shocked at what he said, I feel myself wanting to pout, but I refuse. I shake off the comment and stared at my paper for a moment, thinking of what to say.

"Come here. I'll show you." We scoot desks together so I could help him. I prove him wrong since I obviously knew more than he did; although he was mean for a moment, he apologized for his attitude. I heard a few snickering, but whenever I looked up, no one was looking at me. Sometimes I'd catch Chanyeol and Baekhyun gaze and I'd instantly smile, but most of the time they would quickly look away and pretend I didn't notice. Sometimes I wish they wouldn't do that. I have feelings, too. I'm not stupid.


Day Five:

Suzy: kai! do you want to hang out today? we haven't hung out once since the project started :O

Kai: um not really

Suzy: but we only have a few more days >.<

Kai: i have to go i'm about to play some basketball with lay and them bye

Suzy: okay then. have fun!


Day Six:

"Kai's really not a great father." I pout at my desk, spinning in my chair. 

"And why do you say that?" Sunny calls from the bathroom.

"You see, he's actually nicened--is that a word?--anywho, he's nicer now, but only whenever I do something considerate? He's easier to talk to whenever he's in a good mood. However, that's the only good thing about Kai that happened all this week."

"Ahhh." I spin continuously, staring at the ceiling. I begin to feel dizzy, my head aching in pain. "So. I heard something in the hallway today."

"And what is that?"

"That Bora is pretty pissed with you. Kai hasn't been spending time with her."

"I don't see why. We haven't been together at all this week. She shouldn't blame me for not being with Kai at all! Maybe she's busy and was looking for an alibi. And maybe she's been feeling awful because her and Kai ain't been gettin' it on."

"Suzy!"

"Can't I crack a dirty joke sometime now and then?"

"No, you cannot." I laugh at Sunny's solemn tone. Of course I cannot. I'm always the innocent one, aren't I? "But I also heard the reason why she's mad is because Kai thinks your... wait for it." I lean forward in my seat staring at the cracked door that leads into the bathroom. Sunny pops out with her hair in soft curls, twirling around in a pastel blue, babydoll dress. 

"You look great!" I clap my hands together as Sunny models her outfit for her outing with Sehun. She looks stunning, the babydoll dress complimenting her figure, softly. She takes a seat on the desk and stares at me with a pokerface. "So, what I was talking about."

"Neh?"

"Kai thinks you're hot, and he doesn't really care what Bora thinks. Think about it Suzy. That's going to cause Bora to get pissed obviously."

"You make a point... but. I'm not going to advance myself upon him."

"It doesn't matter if you are or are not. She's going to be jealous and pissed with you either way. Please keep that in mind."

"Well... okay. I will."

"Anyway.I have to go now" Sunny hops off the desk and starts heading towards the door. "Teach Kai a lesson!" She waves her hand goodbye, closing the door behind her.


"Kai, this isn't fair."

"What's not fair?"

"You're not helping me take care of our baby."

"Not my baby, not my problem."

"Kai, it is your baby. We have a project together."

"You're right. It's a p-r-o-j-e-c-t."

"Project; so we should treat it seriously. And... you're ignoring me! You're either with your friends or you might be messing around with that girl!" Kai ignores me as he reads the menu in the dog cafe we're in. "Kai. This is the sixth day, and... and..." I feel tears starting to form in my eyes. I really am emotional. Sensitive. Kai looks at me, panicked about the pool of water almost spilling. 

"Suzy. Why are you going to cry? It's just a baby! And we're not even..." Kai looks hurt as he closes his eyes when he articulates the next few words."We're not even as close like we used to be." I feel my heart palpitate for a second, drowning out people's snickers and attention. 

"A baby? It's our baby! And I want you to help me take care of our baby. And why aren't we close anymore?!" 

"Keep your voice down," Kai leans across the table, dropping his menu to grab my hands,"If you don't, people are going to think that we actually have a child together."

"But we do!"

"Suzy." He squeezes my hand causing me to wince at the sudden pressure applied.

"All I ask is to be there. Promise?" Kai looks off to the side and scoffs. He shakes his head with his eyes closed for a second, then returns his gaze on me.

"I promise. Now, will you stop crying?" 

"Neh." He lets go of my hands, hiding his face in the menu.

"I really don't know how to deal with girls like you. Aish." 

                                                                                                                                                                                         eg *  
 
 author's note 
So... they used to be close with each other? What? :O
I'm excited to write more about Kai and Suzy! But that will be later...
Well, thank you for reading :)
please upvote and perhaps subscribe!!!!
If you have any recommendations on what should happen later in this story, don't be afraid
to voice in your opinion and thoughts!
I'm sorry how it ended kinda... sad and angry D:
anyway.
NEXT UPDATE: Ghostbusters, Part 1
on a light note, if you're wanting to laugh... watch ithis video bc i lol really hard:
http://imfinedankyouandyou.tumblr.com/post/84179811985/ohmilk-i-dont-think-ive-laughed-this-hard-in-a
like. I srsly died. oh my goodness, it's so good. i hope you laugh at it, too bc lol