I'm No Athlete

Home Sick
10 I'm No Athlete! 
 

"Okay kiddos... today won't be easy." The athletic coach paces up and down the front row of students. "Today, we're having a competition. Depending how well you do determines your grade."

"-But what about the one's who aren't good at athletics?! And... you have three girls and we're competing against guys?" I say without thinking. I feel the gaze of all the students staring at the back of my head. The coach turns around and smiles slyly.

"Simple. You fail." He continues to pace without anymore words to say to me. "We're going to have 100 meter races, relay races, high jumps, you name it. So, I'd like you to make a team of five in one minute and send a team captain to meet me on the center of the field. He looks at us and nods his head. He raises his whistle to his mouth and-

"GO! Suzy, Sunny! D.O! Chanyeol! Let's team up together!" Baekhyun gathers us up and immediatly claimed the role of team captain. 

"Team captain. Huh. Do you think he should be team captain?" Chanyeol scratches his head as we watch Baekhyun almost trip up his way towards the athletic coach.

"Yeah, I think he's good enough." I timidly say. I look at Chanyeol to see him staring at Suzy tying up her hair.

"." I jokingly say and he turned bright red.

"It's not like that." He puts his hands up in defense.

"That's what they all say." I wink at him and walk over to sit down next to Suzy.

"WHAT ARE YOU DOING SITTING DOWN? We are going to win this thing!" Baekhyun raises his fist into the air smiling.

"Baekhyun, stop being so naive. Do you see our competition?" I ask.

"Do you see your attitude? Geez, you're very pessimistic." Baekhyun talks back putting his hand in his face.

"I'm just saying... we have kung-fu master over here, Tao." I point at Tao on the otherside teamed up with Lay, Kris, Kai, and Sehun--surprisingly, Bora wasn't on the same team as him--"And then we have-"

"Okay! I get it. Yeah. They may be better than us strength-wise... but who can beat our diversity? We have you, cowgirl-"

"I'm not a-"

"Then we have pretty angel, Suzy."

"I'm not-"

"Then we have tall, Chanyeol."

"I can't really say that's going to help-"

"And we have a fantastic cook, D.O. He can supply us with nutrients!"

"..."

"So! Look at our team! We are unbeatable!"

"To make this more fun...if I get the most high positions ranking-wise, I get to go on a date with Suzy."

"Why me?" Suzy cried. She pouts and looks away.

"Because you're pretty, Suzy. Face it." Baekhyun says straightfowardly. D.O stands up and walks away.

"Why just you?" Chanyeol asks. 

"Well, this is motivation for me. I mean, you can join, too. Do you want to?" Baekhyun has the most innocent face on when he waits on Chanyeol's answer. Chanyeol stares back, but lets down his guard and stared at the tracks.

"Where is he going?" I look at D.O's backside getting smaller each step he takes away from us. 

"Let him be; he's probably going to get us some food! Health food! Food that'll make us win!" Baekhyun raises his fist up into the air again and smiles. "Let's go team! First up is... 100 meter! Chanyeol, you're tall. You must be fast." Baekhyun points at him.

"Yes, I'm tall but-"

"RUN!" Chanyeol looks at him, then to Suzy. He looked at his feet blushing; suddenly, his whole persona changed. "Okay! Let's do this!" We watch Chanyeol from the sideline carefully. 

"Do you think he's going to win?" I look at Suzy only to find her biting her lip.

"I don't know... I've never seen him in athletics before. I mean, I have, but I've never seen him try." Just then, the gun goes off. Chanyeol sprints standing at 2nd place.

"Oh my god, I've never seen him run like that!" Baekhyun shouts. Suzy and I get up and start cheering him on.

"Chanyeol! GOOO!" Suzy cups her hand to make a megaphone. "Come on now!" 

"Oh my goodness!" Just as Chanyeol is head to head with Lay, Chanyeol beats Lay by less than a second.

"He won?!" Baekhyun shrieks.

"I think- he did win!" I stutter. We begin to run towards him; when we caught up with Chanyeol, Suzy threw her arms around him.

"I never thought I'd see you run like that again!" She murmers into his chest.

"Again?" I'm confused. Is he a runner? I look over to see Baekhyun with a face just as confused as mine.


"Hey there." I found D.O sitting by himself in the corner of the stadium. I sit myself next to him and stare at what he's nibbling on. "Banana? So, you eat healthy, too!" He doesn't look at me, but he hands me a banana as well. I stare at the banana for a second and finally took it from his hands. "Why are you sitting here by yourself?"

"..."

"Oh okay." I take a bite from my banana and watch the next race. It was another running event, and Suzy was participating in it. Hurdles. I stand up and give a hand to D.O. "D.O, let's cheer on, Suzy!" He hesitates and takes my hand.

By the time we make it next to Chanyeol and Baekhyun, Suzy and the others begin running. She takes off running, and by the time she reaches the first hurdle, she jumps gracefully. She's just like a gazelle, fast but graceful. Chanyeol stares nods his head in approval and Baekhyun is flabbergasted. Bora runs behind Suzy, strain written all over her face. She takes one last jump over the last hurdle, and-

"Oh my god! Did her shorts seriously rip?!" I gasp, my hands covering my mouth.

"I-I-"

"The hell?" Chanyeol murmers.

"I-I-"

"Baekhyun?" Chanyeol looks over to Baekhyun. "Is your nose bleeding?" 

"I-I-"

"His nose is bleeding!" I feel my stomach drop.

"It's fine you guys..." Baekhyun had fell backwards by the time Chanyeol mentioned his nosebleed, his limbs sprawled out.

"Guys! I won!" Suzy runs over with a towel around her neck. Her face turned white when she took a look at Baekhyun. "Baekkie? Are you okay?"

"Yes... I'll be... fine... as long... as we go on that date..." Baekhyun then hops off, his nose bleed stopped completely and wiped away. "BECAUSE I GOT THE MOST HIGHEST RANK! BOO-YEAH!"

"I don't think so... because Chanyeol beat you by one." Suzy says in a soft voice. She looks up at Baekhyun with tears forming in her eyes. "I'm sorry."

"No! Don't cry! It's okay!" Baekhyun grabs Suzy's shoulder and immediately gave her a hug and lets her go quickly. His face is bright red from embarassment. I look over to see Chanyeol's lip twitching.

"Chanyeol-"

"Suzy. I don't want to go on a date with you. It's okay." Chanyeol grins as he scratches his head, perfectly hiding what he's actually feeling.

"Are you sure? You won. Fair and square." She wipes her tears that was about to fall. 

"Yes, I'm sure. But, I will buy everyone some bubble tea at Boboboba!" Chanyeol keeps that fake smile on as everyone agrees to his offer.

                                                                                                                                                                                         eg *  
 
 author's note 
tumblr_msuizbVBGz1qg1bxbo1_250.gif