I Spy

Home Sick
24 I Spy 
 

"Suzy. You must know tons about Kai right?" I lay next to Suzy in my bed as we stare at the cieling. We've been laying here for over an hour now, just talking about random girl things. My feet are in the air, and I'm trying to balance myself without my legs falling over to the side. I finally let my legs fall, my legs keeping Suzy from moving. 

"Why do you say that?" She replied quickly as she pulls a pillow into her arms.

"Because you've been in school with him longer than I have, you two had the baby project together, and you went through the haunted school together." Suzy covers her face with the pillow and starts laughing hysterically. What's so funny? I pull the pillow off her face, and see Suzy's eyes squeezed shut from laughing. "Why are you laughing? I want to laugh, too!" I whine as I give Suzy my best pouty face.

"Nothing! I'm just relieved! I just thought that you knew that- wait. Why do you ask about Kai?"

"I'm really curious about Kai and Bora's relationship with each other."

"You are?"

"Yeah. Don't they use each other?" Suzy froze for a second, but it must be because she's thinking about what to say.

"I guess. I mean. Yeah they do. But-"

"Aren't you curious on what they do?"

"I don't like thinking about dirty stuff, Sunny." Suzy pouts at me, her eyes almost closed.

"No! That's not what- okay," I sigh, feeling ridiculous that Suzy took it a completely other way. "I'm just curious what they do. I've never really seen them talk. I've only seen them in class together."

"Well. I am curious what they do. But-but not like that!" Suzy waves her hands in front of chest to show that she had no curiousity about behind closed doors.

"I know what you mean, Suzy." I playfully push Suzy and begin to laugh.

"Today's a Saturday. Let me text Kai-"

"You have Kai's number?!" My laughing came to a halt; I had no idea that she had his number! Do they happen to... text?

"Yes... but that's beside the point. I'll text Kai and see if he's doing anything today."

"But wouldn't it be weird? You're not even friends with him and you're asking what he's doing today. That seems suspicious." I lay back on my back, staring at the cieling once again.

"Trust me. He won't think nothing about it." She reassured me as she turned around to reach for her phone on the side table, still stuck underneath my legs.

Suzy: kai! whaddya doing today? :)

"And now we wait." Suzy gave me a snarky smirk. I turn towards Suzy and take a peek of her cellphone's screen.

Kai: i'm with bora why?

"Told you. Now he's suspicious." I point at her screen as I stick my tongue out at her.

"No he's not. You don't know that." She returns to her phone, her thumbs hovering over her keyboard thinking of what to say next.

Suzy: oh i was just wondering if you wanted to go get some boba, but maybe next time! what are you doing with bora today? :)

Kai: mall--her decision not mine

Suzy: ah, i guess i wont invite you to the mall when i go, eh? :p

"Did you just flirt with Kai? SUZY!" I gasp, wanting to laugh again.

"I didn't flirt with him." 

"Whateverrrrr." I lay my head on Suzy's shoulder as I watch her conversation with Kai.

Kai: i'd rather go with you tbh

"He just flirted back!" I scream, laughing at what was going on. 

"No he did not. He's just stating it would be more fun with me--which is pretty common sense. I'm a pretty fun person."

"He's definitely flirting."

"No he's not."

"Suzy. Why are you so defensive right now?" I pout.

"I'm not!"

"Whatever. Pay attention and reply."

Suzy: that's sweet! hey focus on bora

"Flirt."

"No. Not a flirt."

Kai: it's better texting you than talking to her.

"Oh my goodness! SUZY."

"That was kinda rude."

"Kinda?"

"But then it's Kai."

"Suzy. What if he likes you?!"

"I rather not..."

"What if?"

Kai: i'm kidding. hey look. i have to go bora needs help carrying some .

Suzy: be good to her, kai. don't be rude :p

"Let's go to the mall." I stand on my knees on the bed, almost toppling over.

"What, why?" Suzy sits straight up, her eyes big and wide.

"This is what we were curious about in the first place! What do they do together? Get ready! Let's go!" I hop off the bed, flailing in the air, but landing on the floor without falling. I run down the circular stairs with Suzy trailing behind me to get ready.

--------------

We stand in the bright lit mall. It was huge, spacious, but what was different was, unlike the malls back home, this mall goes up rather than spread out. There was a ton more floors than the ones in the states. People pass, all types: big ones, small ones, scary looking ones, high class ones. I've never really went out since I got to the school other than Boboboba and the amusement mark, but this is really exciting. I spot stores I know, Forever21, H&M-

"Bora loves TopShop."

"TopShop?" I spot the black sign with the words TopShop written in a plain font. The mannequins are dressed up in fashion I've only seen in Vogue magazines and runways. "I've only seen their clothes online! And they're expensive." I cross my arms, my face scrunched up at how disgusting how a pair of cut up jeans can cost more than myself. Literally. 

"She must be in there right now. Let's check it out." Before she takes a step, she lowers her voice and glares at me. "Act normal." Right as Suzy commands, she lowers herself, slowly walking towards the store. Right, like thats normal. 

"Suzy!" I grab Suzy by the arm and begin to laugh. "You're not acting normal at all. Come on now." I pull her up and we walk together with our arms linked. We make our way past a crowd of people; today's Saturday and that's when the mall is the busiest. 

"CODE REDDDDD." Suzy pulls us away from the store, dragging me to hide behind a cutout board.

"What's code red?!" My voice shakes, but all I can really do is follow Suzy away from TopShop.

"Bora and Kai just came out! WE COULD'VE FAILED OUR MISSION." I take a peek from behind the cutout that we hid behind to see Bora holding onto Kai's arm as he holds three large bags from TopShop and a few others from various stores. Kai checks his phone, avoiding eye contact from any other people. I look over to see Suzy biting her lip. She closes her eyes and opens them up slowly. Quickly, she pulls out her cellphone and immediately hides it after her cellphone's screen lights up. "Okay. Let's go now." Suzy regains her bubbly persona as she pulls me up. We walk together, our arms link again, following behind Kai and Bora. As of now, they seem like a normal couple. None of those bad things Suzy has mentioned. I mean, I can see how Bora uses Kai, but I feel like any girl would let their boyfriend hold their shopping bags. But other than that, they look completely... normal. We find ourselves walking into the food court. As they find something to eat, Suzy thought it would be a great idea to fit in with the crowd and buy something to eat as well.

"Hey, keep an eye on them while we buy some..."

"Some?" I ask as I concentrate on the couple.

"Sorry, I got distracted. Um. Ice cream. What do you want?"

"Strawberry." 

"I'll have one strawberry and one mango ice cream please." I watch Bora lay her head on Kai's shoulder as she points at the menu above. They look like they're in love, but, if they're just using each other, then they sure know how to fool people. 

"Ya! STEALER!" I turn around to see Suzy's face flushed red. She keeps bowing, showing her remorse.

"Jwesonghamnida, jwesonghamnida..." She gives the man her money and asks for no change. She shuffles up to me and hands me my cup of ice cream without making eye contact.

"What was that?" I ask as I follow her to a bench on the other side of the Food Court.

"I forgot to pay. I was focusing on Kai and Bora too much."

"Suzy. You're silly. Pay attention to what you're doing rather than the other two."

"Aishhh!" Dropped a spoon of her mango ice cream on her white cream blouse. She grabs a nearby napkin, dabs her tongue for some sort of liquid, and starts rubbing the orange stain. "It's not coming off." She pouts, tears pooling at the edges of her eyes.

"Don't cry, Suzy."

"Ah, I won't." She looks up at me smiling. "Hey they're on the move!" We end up following them into a Nike store; it was risky to be in the same room as them, but Suzy insisted that we should. I pretend I'm looking at the clothes, feeling the workout tops and nike shorts, but once in awhile I'd glance up. Suzy stands right next to me, expressionless and stares at her phone.

"What are you expecting? A text message?"

"Ah, no!" Suzy holds her phone up to her chest and blushes profusely. She grins at me, and stands on the balls of her feet for a second. Suzy returns back to normal, and actually starts browsing the clothes in the store. I grin consciously at Suzy; she's quite something isn't she? I shake my head and actually begin to smile. There must be more behind me shorts behind me; I turn willingly, but a large man was in my way. The torquoise shirt he wore hugged his body, revealing a nice sculpted back; his jeans hung at his waist perfectly. A strong scent of perfume fills my airways, causing me to cough. My eyebrows furrow together as I squint and plug my nose. I feel an arm tug on my wrist, turning to only find Suzy pulling me out of the store. 

"I don't know how Kai and Bora didn't notice you, but I'm glad they didn't!" Suzy wipes her forehead, laughing at out nervousness. She looks back into the store, and her face turns red. 

"What?" I turn to look into the store to see Bora squinting our way. She looks around her surroundings, and returns her eyes on us.

"Do you think?"

"Bora is coming this way!" Suzy takes my wrist again, and we begin to run through the crowd of people. I feel Suzy's grasp tighten as we try to push through people, but all at the same time, Suzy is yelling sorry to everyone we pass by. Just as we slowed down our pace, another arm took my other wrist. 

"Suzy!" I cry. I struggle out of the stranger's grasp and begin to run faster, this time dragging Suzy behind me. 

------------

"I think we're okay now." I slouch against the wall and squeeze my eyes shut. I struggle to breathe wishing I had water. 

"Sunny."

"Shhh... hold on."

"No. Sunny."

"Shhhhh..."

"Sunny... I think we're-"

"Shhhh..."

"In the boys' bathroom..."

"Whatever you say- what boys' bathroom?!" I run out of the bathroom instantly running into a firm, muscular body. "I'm sorry. Excuse me."

"Hey! No come back!" A white, porcelain hand grabs my wrist firmly. "Sunny." Gingerly, I stare at the ground, scared out of my wits. He wears a black snug graphic tee with worned out skinny jeans. This person, it's... no other than Oh freaking Sehun.

"Sehun! What are you doing here?"

"I could say the same. What are you doing coming out of the boys' bathroom?" Still holding my wrist he stares into my eyes intently trying to figure me out.

"I-"

"Sunny." Suzy interjects, tugging onto my arm. "We've gotta go! They're on the move!"

"Who's on the move?" A different voice joins our chorus, Suzy and I looking towards the sound. Lay stood there, chilled out, a white button up top with black slacks. 

"Are you guys hanging out?" I ask.

"Answer our question first." Sehun doesn't break his gaze.

"We asked a question first though!" Suzy innocently smiles. Sehun glances at Suzy and gives her a small smile; I guess no one can really get mad at Suzy. 

"Well..." Sehun pauses. 'We're just here to chill out. So. Answer my question. What are you doing here?" I look at Suzy giving her a frightened look; what are we going to do? Tell them that we're following Kai and Bora?

"Let it go." Lay crosses his arms, smiling at both Suzy and me. Sehun looks at Lay for a moment, then shakes his head. 

"Alright." Finally, Sehun lets go of my wrist. "You guys should hang out with us." I look at Suzy for her confirmation, she shrugs and nods her head. "Cool! Let's go get some boba then." Sehun grins, his eyes almost closed as he throws his fist into the air. Sometimes I don't understand him. He can be such a... jerk, but other times he seems so cute and innocent. 


We end up sitting in the food court again, but this time with Lay and Sehun. Sehun sits next to me with the other two on the opposite side of the table. Suzy and I stare at each other, somehow talking to each other through telepathy. First of all, Sehun bought my drink and his while Lay bought Suzy's. Second of all, who knew Lay had perfect manners. He pulled out both my chair and Suzy's and waited for us to sit down before he even sat down. This definitely caught, not only my attention, but Suzy's as well.

'Are you sure this is... Lay and Sehun?' I stare at Suzy, my eyebrows furrowed together as I gave a quick glance to the two.

'I don't know.' Suzy perked her lips out to the side as she shrugged. 

"If you don't mind me asking, Suzy," Lay asks, twirling his straw in his drink. I raise my eyebrows at Suzy; she looks away and gives her undivided attention to Lay. "Do you have a boyfriend?"

Boyfriend? Does he perhaps?

"No, I don't." She grins happily. Lay opens his mouth as he let's an 'ah' come out. "Do you have a loved one?" She asks.

"No, not anymore."

"Anymore?" Sehun bursts out. 

"Do you have a problem with that?" Lay asks sweetly, but at the same time, it felt like he was taunting him.

"No..." Sehun leans back in his seat and crosses his legs sipping is chocolate boba. 

"How about you Sunny?" Lay asks.

"Me? I. No. I don't have one." I push my hair behind my ear as I feel my cheeks burn up. 

"Are you sure?" Lay asks.

"Yes, I'm sure."

"It seems like, oh never mind. I can't intrude your personal life." Lay laughs and places his hand behind his neck.

"I know, it's pretty hard to believe." Sehun smiles. "I mean, she's sweet, not afraid to speak her mind, she's encouraging, a loyal friend, cute..." I stare at Sehun, but Sehun refuses to look back. That's... really sweet. "But," he finally meets my gaze. "She's oblivious to the things around her, she's a bit of a dummy, and sometimes it's really annoying when she speaks her mind out." And there's the Sehun I definitely know. I punch Sehun on the shoulder and roll my eyes. He rubs his arm and just grins at me. 

In the end, we end up saying our farewells since Suzy and I were exhausted after spying on Kai and Bora. We didn't really see what they did, but they did seem like a normal couple. So, as of now, Bora and Kai's relationship is considered... not freaky.

"Sunny-ah." Suzy tugs on my arm as she rests her head on my shoulder as we walk down the street.

"Mmmm?"

"I'm curious about Lay. We should follow him." I become baffled, but I end up laughing anyway. 

"Whatever you want, Suzy."

                                                                                                                                                                                         eg *  
 
 author's note 
HELLLLLLOOOOO subbies. Once again, I cannot express how sorry I am for going into hiatus mode for like... 2 weeks or so. You must be upset with me... D: 
But, at least I came back, right? :D So, once again, if you haven't already, PlEASE subscribe and upvote if you haven't already. Hah, it's been awhile since I've wrote something like that; so, it's a bit weird. Hahaha :) If you haven't already, read my other fanfic, "Replay". It connects with this story since it's about Kai and Suzy's relationship from... way back when. Lol! Anyway! Have a great summer! And thank you for reading :)
SORRY IF THERE ARE ANY MISTAKES. OKAY. THANKS.
.