Baby Business, Part 2: Sunny and Sehun

Home Sick
14 Baby Business, Part 2: Sunny and Sehun 

Day One:

"What do you want?" I groan, as my right cheek tingles once my skin felt the bitter sting from the cold desk. I patiently wait for Sehun to bathe me with rude, smart- remarks, but... surprisingly he didn't. He simply patted me on the top of my head. I struck up in my seat, feeling my face begin to itch from the sudden heat of embarassment. I can't dare look at him in the eyes; so, I stare at the back of Kai's head. 

I really don't get why we're doing this project anyway; I mean, I understand sungsaengnim wants us to learn the responsibility of being a parent, become more mature, blah, blah, blah... but. I feel like this is something that would only be seen on a tv episode. If there's one thing in my mind, it is definitely not a child. What's even worse, Sehun is my--and I quote--my "husband." Why? Well. There's no other reason than the fact that... I never know how he's going to act towards me. For one, there'll be days where he's a complete , but then... there was that one time when we drank bubble tea together. He was a whole different person. He was... sweet. I feel my stomach turn as I think back to the sweet, happy memory of drinking bubble tea with Sehun. I have to be honest, it was fun. Now, if only he would be like that 100% of the time.

"Sunny!" I snap out of my daze to find myself staring back at Sehun. Oh god, I'm looking back. Look away, look away... but for some odd reason, I can't move. I feel my mouth dropped open and he gives me a grin causing his eyes form two little slits. His feature changes into confusion, his eyebrows furrowed and his bottom lip revealing the wet part inside of lip. "Are you ok?"

"What? Yeah. I'm fine." I compose myself and took a breather. 

"Well, I've been trying to get your attention for quite awhile now." He turns towards me in his desk and tilts his head. Just seeing him like this makes me feel... different. I drop the baby in my arms, but thankfully Sehun caught it right in time. 

"Yeah, please... don't drop the baby."

"I'm sorry." I become flustered and feel my face heat up again. Finally, class begins and we focus our minds on today's assignment. 


"Ugh, you don't understand, Suzy! It's just... really weird. He'll be such a jerk one day, and then another he'll be super sweet. And what is that no one gets it because he never shows his sweet side around classmates! So no one believes me. It's really ridiculous." I take a chomp out of my sandwich, trying to eat my feelings away.

"Sunny, it's just hard to believe that Sehun would be... sweet and adorable like you've described. He's always been rude." Suzy gives me a reassuring smile and went back to eating her miso soup. D.O, Chanyeol, and Baekhyun joins us a few minutes later as we eat in silence. For once. 

"So..." I break the silence between us all, catching everyone's attention. "How's everybody's project doing?" Baekhyun and D.O took a glance at each other, their eyes beginning to widen. "What?" D.O's eyes get big, his body becoming tense.

"D.O! WHERE'S OUR BABY?!" Baekhyun literally screams outloud, his hands clinging onto his cheeks in terror. D.O just gives him a terrified look, still looking tense. "WHERE DID WE LEAVE HIM. D.O TALK. THIS ISN'T JUST MY BABY, IT'S YOURS, TOO!" Baekhyun urgently gets on his feet, almost toppling over. He pulls D.O up and shakes him. "COME ONE D.O WHERE DO YOU REMEMBER HIM BEING?!" D.O turns his gaze away from Baekhyun. He's terrified and his eyes seem to only get bigger as time passes by.

"I think..." D.O finally speaks, his lips quivering. "I think..."

"THINK WHERE?!"

"I LEFT IT IN THE LOCKER ROOM!" 

"WHO IN THE RIGHT OF MIND WOULD LEAVE A CHILD IN THE LOCKER ROOM. WE ARE TERRIBLE PARENTS!" At this time, Baekhyun begins to become teary-eyed, and D.O can only keep a terrified face on.

"Whoa, whoa, whoa... are you guys okay?" Sehun and Kai walk by, inspecting what's going on between Baekhyun and D.O. Sehun let out a quick gasp. "Wait, did you say you lost your child in the locker room?"

"DO YOU KNOW WHERE OUR CHILD IS?" Baekhyun dropped to bow in front of Sehun. Baekhyun drops his head low. No... he's going to beg.

"Aish! Get up!" Kai pulls Baekhyun up by his sleeve as he gives him a snarl. Baekhyun flinches and bows his head.

"Well. Yeah. Here." Sehun pulls his backpack around and pulls out a baby boy.

"OH MY GOD! OUR BABY!" Baekhyun snags onto the baby and hugs it in his arms. He immediately turned around and gave D.O a death stare. "You are never... in charge of watching our baby... again." Immediately, he returns to his happy nature and sits down next to Suzy.

"Well, looks like all is good. Our project is doing just fine." Baekhyun grins as he stresses the word fine.


I carry our baby as I watch the feet in front of me. Left, right, left... and then he stops. I run into Sehun in front of me, quickly apologizing for not watching. He gives me a soft smile and rubs my head. Seriously, what's with guys and rubbing with the head here? 

"Well. Did you like that Strawberry boba you ordered last time?" Sehun took a glimpse inside the shop and returns his focus on me.

"Wait. We're-" I trail off and look up at the sign above me. Oh. "Boboboboba."

"Yeah! Do you want some bubble tea?"

"Sure, why not!" Sehun, like a gentleman, sets out in front of me opening the door as he bowed his head. This is... different.

I find myself sipping on my strawberry boba as Sehun drinks his chocolate boba silently, but happily.

*bzzzzz* text message. I open the message to find that D.O texted me.

D.O: Hey, what are you doing tonight?

I look up from my phone to see Sehun watching me. I give him a little smile and decided it would be too rude of me to continue my conversation with D.O at the moment. So, I had to end it.

Sunny: Can't talk right now. I'm with Sehun. :O

I feel a buzzing on my pocket immediately after I replied. But, I have to ignore it.


Day Five:

And so the next following days after the first was quite... odd. For the past week, Sehun has been focusing all his attention on me, acting like a boyfrined would. He took me out--and our baby--to the park, to the mall, and to get some ice cream. But, every night the past week, whenever D.O would try to set up plans with me, I always had to turn him down. I don't mean to, but... Sehun usually finds me right after school lets out before anyone else would. And that one day I was available, Baekhyun and D.O took the baby out. 

*bzzzzz* Speak of the devil. I pull out my phone from my uniform's pocket and took a quick glimpse of my screen. D.O.

D.O: do you want to hang out right now?

Sunny: yes! i'm ACTUALLY free from Sehun right now! It's about time :)

D.O: yeah... it really is. um. so i'll see you at the front of the dormitory? or i mean i could wait for you at your door?

Sunny: oh! that's sounds good! meet me at my door! I'll see you soon :)

Right as I put down my phone, I hear three consecutive knocks on my door. It must be D.O! I hop off from the sofa in my room as I tell Suzy--who's in the bathroom--that I was about to get it. I pat my shorts, fixed the collar of my blouse, and tuck my hair behind my ear as I prepare to see D.O face-to-face. 

"D.O!" I open the door, wearing a smile that reached from ear-to-ear. I blink my eyes more to only find a tall, masculine man in front of me. His blond hair swept over and his arms are crossed as he wore a smirk. "Sehun! What are you doing here?"

"What I'm doing here? I was hoping we would watch movies together! With the baby, too!" He pushes me aside and heads towards the baby on the sofa. 

"Gah! Sehun! I can't hang out today..." I follow right behind Sehun to the couch.

"And why not?" Sehun sits on the sofa staring up at me.

"Because I've already made plans for tonight."

"With?"

"With- does it really matter?"

"Yeah it matters."

"Well, with D.O." Sehun stares at me with a blank face as he cradles the baby in his arms.

"Oh."

"We can hang out tomorrow night!"

"Oh, it's fine."

"Or! Or!" Sehun stands up avoiding my touch as I try to grab onto his shoulder.

"It's fine! You go out and have fun. I'll watch little Austin tonight."

"Sehun." I watch Sehun strain to keep a smile on as he gave me a quick nod. What is wrong with him? Why does it seem like he cares what I do? Why does he have to be so nice? Why does he seem so jealous. What happened to the rude, smart- kid in the back of the classroom?

"Have fun, okay?"

"Sehun." He turns around, and at that moment. I felt heat rise up in my body, and my legs begin to accelerate. I feel myself  run into Sehun as I enveloped him in my arms.

"SEHUN!" Finally taking control of my body, I push myself away from him and look at him straight in the eye. "Now look at me, Sehun! If you want this to work out, then we need to be mature about this! You need to answer me! You need to listen to what I have to say. Please don't be hurt. I'm just going out with a friend tonight. I'm not running away! So, will you listen to what I have to say?" Sehun gives me a blank stare, finally letting out a long sigh. 

"Alright. What?" Wait. Can I really ask him all that? I feel my face redden as I hide my face in my hands. "Don't tell me you forgot..."

"Ah... yeah! I forgot." I lie. Sehun turns around, going back to his room. "Wait, Sehun."

"Yeah?"

"Um. We can hang out tonight when I get back with D.O. Alright?"

"We'll see. I might be asleep by then." What do you- I look at my cellphone's time to see that 10:00pm is written. Oh my god! It's so late at night! Why did D.O even text me to hang out at this time of the night? 

"Oh, alright. Um, goodnight, Sehun!" I stand in the doorway as I watch the back of Sehun's broad shoulders become smaller and smaller the farther he walks away.

"I heard everything, Sunny." D.O slowly walked out from his dorm's door and gave me an apologetic smile. "I'm sorry that happened."

"Oh, D.O! It's okay!"

"Isn't it weird how this is only a project and we're acting as if we actually have a spouse and a child?"

"Oh wow. I never thought about that... but you're right! I feel like that was my first fight with my spouse!" I begin to laugh out of embarassment, and D.O just smiles as I laugh. 

"Um, do you just want to hang out in front of the dorms?" D.O looks off to the stairs and refocuses his attention on me.

"Oh! Yeah. Sure!"


We sit on the steps in front of the dorm, taking in the city view and the trees and flowers on the school's lot. 

"Have you been doing well, D.O?" D.O reverts his eyes to me, but I don't turn to look back.

"Me? Uh. Yeah! It's been just a stressful five days. Especially having Baekhyun as my spouse... its pretty annoying. He's so loud. I thought I would be the mother in the project, but it turns out that Baekhyun is a better fit than me. He's so talkative and so worrisome." 

"Baekhyun? Really?" I turn my head to face D.O, my mouth open from shock.

"Yeah! He may be a ladies man, but-"

"Baekhyun's a ladies man?"

"Well, you haven't really seen him off school grounds. Whenever he's off, he attracts so much girls. He does have a lot of charisma. I guess if you have charisma, it comes with charm." D.O pouts hiding his face on his knees.

"Baekhyun, a ladies man... it's hard to believe because all I've seen him do is drool over Suzy. Do you think he likes Suzy?"

"Suzy? He could, but he could not. He's a bit of a player. He recently broke a girls heart by leading her on. He shows too much affection and attention to a girl he finds attractive."

"Recently?"

"Yeah. Just this week."

"But... I thought he liked Suzy... there's so much... evidence."

"Well, I didn't say he for sure didn't like her. I just said he could or could not like her. He might. But if he did like her, he wouldn't break her heart in any way. So, I wouldn't dwell on it too much. Do you think Suzy likes Baekhyun back?"

"Personally... I think she's oblivious to the fact that, well what he shows, that he has some sort of interest in her."

"I agree. She doesn't really seem to notice."

"Suzy. She's so pretty. She can attract so many guys. How lucky." I rest my head on the palm of my hand staring at the city view in front of us.

"So, Baekhyun. How many girlfriends has he had?"

"Oh... for the ones for a kick... probably more than ten. But a serious relationship? Just one." Just one. His voice echoes in my head, the words repeating itself non-stop.

"Huh. Back to what you said about him showing too much affection and attention to girls he finds attractive..."

"Are you hurt that he doesn't do it towards you?"

"No, no, no! I didn't meant that. It's just that. I clearly remember him calling me pretty the first day-"

"He was probably just being nice to you since you were a new girl."

"That was cold, D.O..."

"But, you are attractive and pretty... so..." I feel my cheeks heat up from the compliment.

"Thanks."

"Yeah, no problem." He turns his head away from me.

"Oh! But what I was trying to say... I think he does like Suzy because he also finds me pretty... he never shows me that affection. So, it kinda proves that he has a thing for Suzy, and Suzy only. He doesn't go around, well in front of Suzy at least, being sweet around girls." D.O says nothing causing the silence between us to be awkward.

"What about Chanyeol? Does he like her?" D.O doesn't reply, still facing away from me. "Can you not tell me?"

"I can't tell you. I'm Chanyeol's best friend."

"But all that stuff you said about Baekhyun just now." I point out.

"I said that because it's pretty obvious with him and he's used to girls. For Chanyeol, he's quite a..." D.O sits up and looks around. He looks at me and lowers his voice, almost unaudible. "He's pretty dumb. I mean he's dumb already, but he's pretty dumb when it comes to girls. He's super self conscious and he gets jealous easily. He doesn't believe that no girl would like him." I form an 'o' with my lips as I think about all the times he would back off whenever Baekhyun came around.

"How about you? Do you like Suzy?" 

"Me?

"DO KYUNGSOOOOOOO." We both turn around to see a messy haired boy staring at us with fury in his eyes. Baekhyun... "KYUNGSSOOOOO! I AM SO MAD AT YOU." D.O doesn't reply and just waits for what Baekhyun's going to say next. "AHHH! I HATE HOW YOU JUST DONT SAY ANYTHING. BUT. I KNOW WHY NOW. YOU'VE BEEN CHEATING ON ME. AND WITH HERRRRRR!" Baekhyun sings, pointing his finger at me as he grips the baby on his other hand tighter.

"Why would you do this to me, D.O? I thought I meant something to you. Now I see why you were always depressed around me. It's because of her!"

"Baekhyun! You're talking nonsense! This is just a project! You're not really married to him! Heck, you don't even have a child with him!" I back up D.O, quickly giving him a reassuring smile.

"Wait! What?"

"Snap out of it. Don't get too ahead of yourself!"

"Oh my god." D.O and I looked at each other in confusion. "Oh my god. I never realized how into I got into this project. Holy ! What the hell is wrong with me! OH MY GOD. I'm not gay! I'm not gay! I don't even like you that way, D.O! Why did I get mad! Oh my god. What. What is wrong with me." Baekhyun shakes his head, throwing the baby onto the ground and using both hands to grasp his head. "What the hell is wrong with me. God. Well. Sorry, D.O. Um. Continue along." Baekhyun gives us a quick bow and promptly picks up the baby by the leg. 

"Well."

"I've been telling him that it's just a project this whole week, and he now just listens. Thank. God. He. Finally. Listened." D.O gets up and wipes off the dirt off his jeans. He pulls his hands out helping me up. "Well. It's midnight now. I'm getting really tired. Let's head in?" I nod my head, pleased on how the night went with D.O.


"What did I tell you, Sehun? I said I would come back after I spent time with D.O."

"I didn't say you weren't." I join Sehun and the baby on the sofa as he's watching the twelvth episode of The Heirs. I pull the blanket to get more of it over me rather than Sehun. He glares at me immediately and pulls me towards him, our shoulders touching. Skin-to-skin. 

"Sehun."

"Hmm?"

"We're so close..."

"It's not like I'm going to face with you. So don't worry about it."

"Err... okay." I feel the heat resonate from him, making me warm up. Unconsciously, I snuggle up next to him as the intro of The Heirs begin playing.

"Sehun."

"Hmmm?" This time he sounds more annoyed.

"Um." I couldn't ask him. What i've been wanting to know. Why is he so different around me when no one else is looking? 30 minutes pass, and the question I've been wanting to ask ponders wanderlessly in my mind again. I have to ask.

"Sehun?"

"Hmmmm...?" 

"Why are you so different around me and no one else?"

"..."

"Sehun?"

"Hmmm..." I feel his head drop down, his head resting on my lap. I look down to see his eyelashed fanned out on his perfect, porcelain skin. I hear his steady breathing as he falls asleep.
"I just wanted to know... oh well."

"... you... don't know my past self..."

"What?" I look down again to see him sleeping like an angel. His face reads innocent and pure as he breaths steadily. I study his face noticing the more vulnerable side of Sehun that no one has ever seen except for probably me. My right hands raises; his skin looks soft. Should I? I graze my thumb over his cheek, feeling sensational tingles go throughout my body. I move my hand away from his face to his hair, his hair gingerly. He looks... so exposed. I really can't look away. I continue to his hair while the show plays 'till the end. Finally, I feel my eyelids begin to drop; it was so heavy that there was no way I could fight against the weight. So, I let myself go and find myself in a deep sleep.

                                                                                                                                                                                         eg *  
 
 author's note 
I'm sorry if there's still mistakes in there! This one ended up being PRETTY long (3400+ words)
and the text while typing began dragging bc of how many words were written! LOL! ANYWHOOOOOOO
Next chapter.... wait for it... wait for it...
 
IS BABY BUSINESS, PART 3: Chanyeol and Xiumin :D 
thanks for reading :)
please subscribe and tell your friends! :D
 
oh! and I've been getting lots of comments about this...
remember.
although baekhyun may be this "playboy" that D.O says he is... he might actually really like suzy!