Life's a Beach

Home Sick
tumblr_static_iu_sleep.gif
 
25 Life's a Beach 
 

Who knew... I mentioned the word 'beach' and we find ourselves literally 50 feet away from the ocean. I laugh to myself and smile at the goofballs who are with me. I lean against the jeep we rented as Suzy and I wait patiently for D.O, Baekhyun, and Chanyeol to grab our lunches--that D.O made personally--, towels, and beach themed items. I feel a slight tug on my oversized shirt to find Suzy pinching my sleeve slightly.

"Are you...?" I stare at Suzy, confused what she was asking. She scanned my outfit, my basic faded jean shorts and my navy blue and white striped, oversized shirt. She looked back into my eyes, her eyes huge. 

"Mmm?" I'm still confused, biting my lip this time.

"Are you wearing a swim suit underneath?" She whispers, beaming. I feel my body tense, embarassed. I am in fact wearing a bathing suit, but with Suzy around, I feel self conscious.

"Yeah." 

"Ohhhh!" She squeals, her hand grabbing the collar of my shirt and peeking in to see my bathing suit.

"Suzy-ah! Aniyo!" I scream out loud, the boys quickly running over to see what happened. Right as they came over, Suzy still holds onto my collar, hunched over, her face wearing the most shocked face ever. 

"What are you... guys--" Chanyeol stutters.

"Baekhyun! You're nose!" I shriek. Suzy lets go, her hand raising to .

"It's bleeding!" Suzy screams, running to the back of the jeep to grab the first aid kit we brought along.

"Are you okay?" I feel my voice tremble.

"He's fine." D.O walks up in between Chanyeol and Baekhyun. He looks at Chanyeol and smirks; I my head to the side wondering oh what wounderous D.O had in mind this time.

"Oof!" Baekhyun hunches over since D.O wacked him in the stomach, he then grabs him by the ear and takes him to the back of the Jeep where the first aid was.

"Did... he perhaps?"

"He's a ert." Chanyeol shakes his head and laughs as we watch Baekhyun tilting his head back to keep the blood from running. We don't say anything as we watch Suzy cleaning Baekhyun's blood up. "Are you... wearing a bathing suit?" Chanyeol asks.

"Um... yes."

"Is it a two piece?"

"What the heck Chanyeol! Why do you want to know?"

"Watch out for D.O; the quiet ones are always the horniest." I stop myself from blurting out anything else, biting my tongue. D.O? ? Nonsense. Although... Suzy's said the same before. 

--

I sit on the shore with D.O, watching Suzy, Chanyeol, and Baekhyun play in the water. 

"They look like they're having fun." I grin, wrapping my arms around me knees as I continue to watch them.

"Yeah."

"Why don't you join them?" I feel D.O's eyes staring straight at me, but I don't make an effort to look back.

"Because... you'll be by yourself." I finally turn my head towards him and give him a comforting smile. 

"That's cute." He becomes worried and shakes his head as he runs his hand through his hair, ruffling it around.

"Ah, thanks." He really is adorable. I look away and continue watching them mess around.

"It looks like Chanyeol and Baekhyun are fighting over Suzy."

"It seems that way." Once in awhile Suzy will be close to Chanyeol, climbing onto his back as she rests, but then Baekhyun will come along and pull her off and take her with him. It's a never ending cycle.

"Why don't you go in?" D.O voice trails off.

"Ah, I didn't feel like it. Seeing the ocean in person, feeling the breeze is more than enough. I never really went to the beach in Texas."

"Do you like to swim?"

"Not really. It's weird, I get motion sickness while swimming."

"Ah. Well I'm glad you'll be here with me." D.O slips out, but he quickly turns his head away from me seeing his face.

"I'm hungry."

"What?"

"What did you make for lunch?"

"Lunch?"

"Didn't you make lunch?" I ask, starting to get worried what may have been for lunch if Chanyeol, Baekhyun, or even Suzy prepared it.

"Um, yeah I did make it," I sigh out of relief. Thank the Lord we're going to be fed wonderfully. "I made... two types of sandwiches. One's a chicken salad sandwich with cheese, whole grain bread, and the other sandwich is a classic BLT. I also brought along potato salad and chips."

"Wooowwwww! That sounds so good." I pat my stomach, releasing my hold of my legs. "Gah, I'm really hungry. We should eat now."

"It's really up to you guys when you want to eat."

"Let's eat now then. YA! SUZY! CHANYEOL! BAEKKIE! LET'S EAT!" I hop up, standing on my tip toes as I cup my mouth to make a megaphone. I quickly help D.O up, excited to eat what D.O has made. This is the first time ever I'll be eating one of D.O's food. I've heard from multiple people that his cooking is on point. I don't know about you, but food is bae for me. I stare into D.O's eyes, beaming from ear-to-ear. But... he looks flustered, his face red, and he refuses to look at me. I shrug it off thinking that maybe he's worried that we won't like his cooking. Hah! Maybe that's why he doesn't like sharing his food! That must be it. As we walk back to our "base camp", we catch a group of boys running towards the same direction as we are.  

"Funny. They're walking towards our stuff." I say, oblivious to what was going on.

"SUNNY! THEY'RE TAKING OUR FOOD!" D.O yells, scaring me because I've never heard him raise his voice. 

"They're what?" I turn my head towards the direction of the boys; they're they are, running off with our lunches. OUR lunches made by no other but DO KYUNGSOO. "Ya! COME BACK HERE!" I feel my legs pick up speed, leaving D.O behind me as I chase those scoundrels, but the longer I run, the farther they get. Am I slowing down or are they speeding up? I begin to halt to a stop; it's over. They're too fast. "Ya D.O... I'm sorry." I yell. I turn around to see D.O on his knees in front of our stuff. I slowly walk over, glancing over to see the others making it out of the water. "D.O! Are you... okay?" I kneel next to him, setting a hand on his shoulder. He doesn't speak, shuffling through his back pack. Ah, he must be so upset. "Ah, I'm sorry that you had to waste your-"

"I hope they enjoy the lunch. It'll make me happy if they find it delicious. If they're please, I'll be content."

"But, they stole our food." I add, confused what he was saying. I, for one, would be pissed. That's my food, not theirs.

"I know, but I shouldn't stay mad." He should really apply that whenever he gets mad at Chanyeol; although, I've never really seen him actually get mad at Chanyeol. He's only been annoyed, and he kept his calm.

"Ah, this isn't good." The other three finally came up, grabbing their towels. 

"A few boys stole our food." I say, watching D.O staring aimlessly at our items laid out.

"I told you guys that those guys did steal our food!" Baekhyun yells at Chanyeol, pointing at where I food used to sit.

"Don't blame me for wanting to bring our food out with us! I do recall saying we should leave it in the jeep!" Chanyeol snickers, rolling his eyes. Suzy shakes her head in disbelief.

"You guys, don't!" She pouts. We stay silent, staring at where our food sat, tension rising in the air. 

*grumble*

"Was that?" I begin to say.

"That was me, sorry." D.O says in a low tone.

"Do we have any money?" I ask.

"I just checked my wallet, I have no cash on me whatsoever; I even left my card at the dorms."

"Anyone have a card, cash?" I look up at the other three. They all shake their heads 'no'.

"I think we all only have enough money to cover money for the gas on the way home." Chanyeol sighs.

"So... what are we going to do?" Suzy interjects as she rubs her stomach. "I'm suddenly hungry now. Famished really."

"We need to earn money. Somehow. No money, no food. We can't use the money we have now because we need that to get back home." Baekhyun says what we were all thinking.

"Wait! Chanyeol, don't you play guitar? Didn't you bring it?" I sit up straight, my eyes wide. I have an idea!

"Yes?"

"Perfect! How about we go to the pier over there, and sing for money? Tips! Performance!" I squeal.

"Suzy can sing! I don't know about the the other two... D.O? Baekhyun?"

"Ah this is a perfect opportunity!" Chanyeol beams! "In fact D.O-" D.O begins to cough horrendously stopping Chanyeol from continuing any further. 

"Sorry." D.O says as he searches for a water bottle.

"Baekhyun can sing, too." Chanyeol mentions.

"You sing?" I ask, eyeing Baekhyun. He begins to blush and gives us a huge smile.

"Of course I can! I'm pretty great at it, too! That's how I pick up girls." I laugh at Baekhyun's cockiness; yeah, sure. Pick up girls with singing. 

"Can you sing, Sunny?" Suzy asks, smiling at me intently.

"Ah, I'm just average." I smile.

"Perfect then. What are we going to sing?"

"Billionaire; D.O loves that song." Chanyeol winks at D.O causing D.O to spit out his water.

"I love that song!" I clasp my hands together, excited for what may happen. "Can anyone rap then?"

"Chanyeol raps. He's pretty great." Suzy lays her head on his shoulder as she compliments him.

"Let's pick a few other songs then!" Baekhyun says, his arms crossed as he smiles at our idea.

--

We stand awkwardly at the pier, people taking glances at us as they pass. I look at Suzy wondering if she's nervous at all; she looked back and gave me a comforting smile, rubbing my back. 

"Let's do this!" Suzy beams. She stands in front of our group to gather people's attention. Baekhyun, of course, took a step forward to greet people. I stand on Chanyeol's left side and D.O's on his right. I take a quick glimpse of D.O and find him looking back. We both become flustered; he turns away and ruffles his soft, feathered hair as I begin to laugh awkwardly. "HELLLO! My name is Bae Suzy, and if you could please, help us get dinner!" A group of teenage girls is attracted to our group, huddling and giggling together, an elderly couple stand next to each other grinning out Suzy, and groups of friends stay for a bit, curious what may happen. "We will be singing Billionaire by Travie McCoy!" Suzy claps her hands together.

Chanyeol smiles at each and one of us, tapping his foot to the beat of Billionaire. Something about that smile tells me he's happier than ever. I've never seen this side of him. He smiles gently, and it's sincere. He pats three beats on the body of his guitar, then quickly getting his right hand to strum to the pick up to the next measure.

"I wanna be a billionaire," Suzy sings angelically, then Baekhyun and myself harmonize the ending phrase, "so freaking bad..." The harmony was so perfect I got chills. I begin to move to the beat, bopping my head side-to-side. Baekhyun can't stop smiling at Suzy, it seems, and we come in at each end phrase perfectly. For D.O, he stands there, clapping his hand in the background to the beat, "encouraging" others to clap along. Chanyeol closes his eyes, smiling to himself as he moves his body to the beat. I feel like we were one, and it was an amazing moment for us all. Chanyeol comes in and begins to rap, getting the attention of more people. Soon enough, by the time we make it to the bridge of the song, Baekhyun's solo, people begin to pull out their money as they cheer on Baekhyun's singing and improvised dance routine.  Soon enough, after three songs we earned enough money to buy ourselves dinner at a nearby restaurant and a few extra for the rest stop home. 

"D.Ossi, you should have sang." Chanyeol grins as we walk away from the crowd that greeted us with kind hearts. "Who knew, you could've met your girl there." He winks. "I mean, a guy who can-"

"No." D.O pulls out his arm to wack him, but he restrains his power to do so. 

"There were a few girls staring and taking pictures of you, bud." Chanyeol playfully punches D.O on the shoulder. I can't help but eavesdrop on their conversation; for some odd reason, I feel this heavy weight on my gut. I place my hand on my heart, tugging on my shirt. Why?

"Sunny-ah!" Suzy wraps her arm around my waist, hugging me. "That was so much fun, huh?" I suddenly feel lighter when Suzy came along; we talked about our day, what other songs we wanted to sing, then Baekhyun came out in front of us pouting that he felt left out, but tripping since he wasn't watching where he was going. Somehow, I feel like I'm going to miss today.

--

After an hour and a half of just chatting and eating at the restaurant, we finally leave to take in the last remaining hour before the sun sets. We sit in the sand together, our bodies entangled in some form of touching. I end up being Suzy's pillow as she rests her head on my shoulder; we lean against Chanyeol's legs since he was the perfect guy to make a back rest. He lays in the sand, his arm resting over his eyes, his mouth slightly opened. Baekhyun lays on his stomach next to Suzy; his head near her feet with his eyes closed. For D.O? He sat next to me, cross legged watching out into the sunset with me. The other three seemed to begin to drift off into lala land, but I don't mind; I stil have D.O to talk to.

"Today was fun." I say, breaking the silence between us.

"Yeah." Is that it? Nothing more?

"Did you have fun?"

"Yeah."

"It doesn't seem like it. You haven't said much."

"Oh." He's so hard to talk to sometimes. I can't read his mind, I can't tell what he's feeling... how am I suppose to talk to him? I pout to myself, upset at not being able to keep up a conversation with D.O. "Well." I instantly take a look at D.O, but he refuses to look back. "I wish. Ah, never mind."

"No, say it." I urge him. 

"No it's okay."

"You can't just leave me hanging like that."

"I can."

"Ugh, rude." I snicker. We continue to sit in silence, watching the horizon in front of us. The sun is almost touching the ocean waters, the sky producing a beautiful lit sky of warm colors. "So pretty." I smile. I feel the warmth inside of me; I feel happy. 

"Yeah." D.O says in a low tone. I see him in my peripheral vision; he's not looking at the sunset, he's looking at me. Does he mean...? I shouldn't over analyze things, maybe he was just trying to give me eye contact or whatever. People do that. Ha!

"I want to hear you sing. You didn't sing at all today." I say, curious about what his voice may sound like. Good or bad, I want to hear him sing. He doesn't reply. "I mean I'm not that great of a singer, but I still enjoyed singing along with everyone." Still, no reply. "It was fun, singing altogether as one. I just wished you sang along, too. You didn't look too happy just clapping there. I feel like if you sang you would be really happy right now." Of course D.O, the silent type, doesn't budge and keeps his mouth shut. "I give up." I sigh heavily, resting my head on Suzy's. I begin to drift off, my eyelids weighing me down. I see the blackness overcome my vision, and soon enough my eyes are closed. I still hear the ocean beating the sand as it rushes up. I hear people walk by sharing a conversation together, laughing. My breathing begins to slow down, feeling the heavy weights on my eyelids. I can't open them. 

"I think you're right. I think I would be happier." I hear D.O whisper. I'm not sure if it's a dream or not, but I'm intently listening to every word he has to say. He coughs a bit and takes a breath. "Do you remember..." he begins to sing, it's so angelic making me swoon. His voice seemed to caress me to sleep; it has warmth and passion in it. It sounds like he's in pain though, I can't figure out why, but his voice pulls me in. "...when we first met? I sure do. It was some time in early September. You were lazy about it, you made me wait around. I was so crazy about you..." He stretches out 'you', his breath halting to a stop contemplating whether or not to continue. For my ears, I wanted him to finish the phrase, he can't just stop in the middle of the song. But, he answered my wish making my heart tremble to the last few words he slipped out. "...I didn't mind." 

 

And it was pitch black.

                                                                                                                                                                                         eg *  
 
 author's note 
Aloha! I really enjoyed writing this chapter. I was up until 4am! Okay, before I tell you what happened, let me just say...
 
THANK YOU FOR READING :D
please subscribe and upvote if you haven't already
and yadayadayada.... :)
 
anyway. last night, i realized that it had been a whole week since I last updated. To be honest, I was gone because I lost... my passion. I felt like my story wasn't going anywhere, and that bugged the hell outta me. I became really sad last night, just clicking away on Tumblr. at 1am, I thought about Home Sick. I was thinking about the plot, the characters... and I felt awkward. I felt like Soyul, from Crayon Pop, playing the part of Sunny was just not right--don't get me wrong, I LOVE Soyul! She's so cuuuuute--but I've always admired and loved IU--if you don't know who she is, first of all, WHAT? how does one not know IU!?, and two, GET YOUR LIFE TOGETHER. I kid xD --somehow, I started imagining IU taking part as Sunny. THAT'S what sparked my passion for writing again. I didn't feel lost anymore. I felt like I could write endlessly, and this chapter proved it. i couldn't stop typing; it was 4am and I had to get off since i had to wake up at 7am this morning. So, i promised myself to finish this chapter. I was SO excited to continue writing this chapter that I didn't fall asleep until around 5. So almost an hour and a half of sleeping. IM STILL AWAKE NOW AND IT'S 5PM! anywho. Because of IU, I got excited. What's even more great is that IU and Suzy are actually real life best friends. :) So, if you haven't noticed already, I changed the gifs in the foreword, and I think in Chatroom 2, I tweaked it a bit to IU's pictures. :) read it again if you have the chance! :D
 
anyway, please don't be afraid to comment! I LOVE hearing your thoughts. they encourage me to write more! I love hearing the "AHH! i can't choose between Kaizy and Chanzy!" or "Sunsoo(?) and Sunhun!" it makes me laugh. Especially the fact that one of you guys actually made a couple name for them xD I laughed. Thank you for your comments; really! :)
 
btw, the song that D.O supposedly sang was Jack Johnson's 'Do You Remember?'. It's a GREAT song :) 
 
as usual, for FUNSIES, can we just talk about Tao? xD oh my goodness, I had NO clue. But, SOMEONE had to have it xD -- 
http://kpopped-cherry.tumblr.com/post/92468566361/take-it-off