Hello!

Home Sick
1 Hello! 
 
"Hellllooooooo!" An angelic looking boy bounces on the balls of his feet as I took a step into my room in the dormitory.

"Er-"

"Oh! Or do you speak espanol? HOLA! Hawaiian? Aloha! Gangsta? Yo, wassup?!" He changes his persona as he comes up with new slangs and languages. I watch him in awe as he changes his persona multiple times. This kid has got some energy, doesn't he? I walk up to the boy and set my hands on his shoulders to lull his energetic bounces.

"I speak English. Just English. And some Korean." I stare into his eyes with authority, hoping he would listen.

"Ah, okie dokie."

"Um, now if you excuse me, could you leave? I don't think I'm rooming with you... because you're a boy." I say gingerly, assuming he would take it offensively.

"Excuse me?! EXCUSE YOU!" He points right in my face. It was so close that if I moved even one centimeter, his finger would be planted on the bridge of my nose.

"I don't understand what the problem is. Unless, unless... OH MY GOD. AM I IN A BOYS ROOM? AAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH"

"NO YOU'RE NOT IN A BOYS ROOM. I PROMISE!"

"THEN WHY ARE YOU IN HERE?!"

"OH MY GOD!"

"WHAT?!"

"WHAT?! WE ARE IN THE WRONG ROOM?! OH MY GOD! WE HAVE TO GET OUT!"

"I DONT UNDERSTAND WHAT IS GOING ON! WHY WE! I'M THE ONLY GIRL HERE!"

"IF THIS ISNT MY ROOM THEN THIS MUST BE-"

"WHO'S ROOM?!"

"WHAT THE HELL IS GOING ON IN HERE?!" A tall muscular man stands in the doorway with irritation written all over his face.

"THERE'S A BOY IN MY ROOM!"

"I DON'T KNOW IF I'M IN MY ROOM!" He yells on the top of his lungs, his voice matching his angelic appearance.

"God. I was fine with the fact this school decided to become a co-ed school, but now I'm debating whether or not I like it anymore. You guys are stupid. Suzy, you are in the right room. You." I point to myself in confusion, still feeling panicked from what just happened in the last 10 seconds. Or maybe it was more... "Yes, you. Get your head out of your and actually look at your surroundings. She's a girl-" he stops mid-sentence and chuckled to himself. "She's even wearing boy clothes and a mustache and she's still prettier than you." My whole body froze up in shock. Did he really say that? I look over to Suzy and see her squeamishly pulling off her fake mustache. What did he mean... look at your surroundings? I took a good look of the room, and he's right. This room yells girl. There are two floors with one bed on the top floor and a bed beneath; almost like a bunk bed. The covers are white with fluffy pillows. The living room is set up with plushes laying on the couch, a white block as the coffee table and a small flat screen tv. The clothes in the cubbies are neatly placed in types of clothing. Oh. Maybe this is what he meant. I look at the clothes and the clothes had frills and light pastel colors. I look behind me to see the desk and book shelf with pictures of herself. She really is a girl, and I can definitely see that... she's a lot prettier than me.

"I'm sorry." I swiftly turn around again to see Suzy staring intently at the mustache sticking to her fingers.

"No, I'm sorry for thinking you were a boy. I did start this whole mishap."

"Aigo-- it was my fault that I was dressed up like a boy and knew that a girl would be moving in. I was doing a school project... Hey, at least I found out that if I were a boy, I'd be a pretty one. Flower boy!" She gleamed at me, her pearly whites forcing me to stare at her teeth. "It's about time we get a girl to this school. This is the first year as a co-ed school. Congrats on being the third girl student."

"Third? Then who's the other one?"

"Oh. It doesn't really matter. She's a... a b-i-t-c-h." She spells out the letters with her fingers, the mustache flinging around, as she recites the word.

"I don't understand though... wouldn't she be rooming with you?"

"No. She's super rich. Her father is the CEO of this technology thingy that's widespreading through Europe and the states right now. So, she has her own room on the top floor. It's almost like a penthouse up there." She finally tugged the mustache off and stuck it to the wall next to her. "Yeah, I'm pretty sure you'll be seeing her tomorrow."

"I see."

"Oh. And that boy that just came in? That's Kai. She's his toy. Or... He's her toy. It's like they use each other; they're not even dating."

"Friends with benifits I guess?"

"What?"

"It means when you don't have a boyfriend/girlfriend status, yet you still do romantic advances onto each other."

"Oh, yeah! It's exactly that!"

"Um, I'm really surprise with your english. It's amazing! And that Kai kid."

"Yeah... it's because in order to be in this school, you have to know a certain amount of English. This school is pretty prestigous. I guess... SO. Tell me your story! Why are you here. Wait. What is your name?"

"Oh I'm sorry! It's Sunny! Um. The brief version is pretty much my parents sent me all the way here from Austin."

"Texas?" Her eyebrows come together curiousity. I have a feeling she's about to ask me about horses.

"Yes."

"Oh! Did you ride horses to school?!" She beams, clapping her hands together.

"No... that's just a stereotype."

"What? That can't be right. So you don't own a cowboy hat or anything?"

"No..."

"Oh! Do you know the people in the show Dallas? Are you friends with them?"

"No..."

"So you don't go to saloons?"

"No."

"I can't believe it. Not everyone wears cowboy boots and hats?"

"Not everyone."

"I'm shocked. I really am."

"I'm shocked that you're a girl."

"OH STOP IT." She pouts. "I am definitely a girl and I can prove it."

"I rather not-"

"I'll show you!"

"No thank you..."

"See!?"

"NO!"

"What?! It's not bad at all!" I cover my eyes in embarassment. "Feel it, Sunny! I want you to feel it!"

"There's no way I am going to touch you like that! I don't even know you well!" She grabs my hand, peeling my fingers off my face.

"Please no! That's really disgusting!" I feel my hand touch cold skin, making my body cringe a bit.

"See? No Adam's Apple." What? I open my eyes and started to laugh hysterically.

"I'm so glad!" I laugh.

"I'm glad I'm a girl, too!"
                                                                                                                                                                                         eg *  
 
 author's note 
thank you for reading :)