Thankyou

Your Dance is Addictive
 

A/N: Helllllo my beautiful chums....just kidding. You guys are gone now :'DDD I want to confess that I left this site because I thought I wasn't a good writer, and I still don't think I am, infact. As of recently however, things in my life haven't been exactly been rainbows but then the other day I randomly remembered a comment I received on one of my stories a long time ago from a girl who said that she was always looking forward to my new chapters and said she'd keep supporting me because she thinks my ideas were good so I decided to visit AFF XD And I received a lot of positive comments from many others too >w< I know it's been like 9 months...but I'm gonna finish the story now,and even if only one person gets the satisfaction of finishing my crappy story then I'm happy !!! This was my very first creation afterall...my readers have been so good to me <3 /forgive me for screwing up the time frame LOL I honestly always forget where it's supposed to be at after I finish every chapter

 

-------

MINZY POV

The empty cafeteria gave me a strange feeling of satisfaction...the usually loud and lively chatter was nowhere to be heard because my request to close the cafe today was granted. I cancelled plans with Bommie to be here, but I couldn't miss today's meetup.

It Was White Day.

They had both asked me to keep today free a few weeks ago and I had forgotten as usual haha...luckily it only took a box full of ramen cups to bribe Bom into forgiving me for double booking my day. She fell back asleep soon after her shower anyway.

And here I was, sitting with my 3rd cup of hot chocolate specially made to my liking by the barista who'd been working here since before I even became a trainee. My friends were late by half an hour although I wasn't sure why since I was always the tardy one out of our little trio. I didn't mind waiting though, it had been too long since I'd seen their faces. 


About a year I believe.

I had sent heaps of presents out to my friends for Valentine's Day last month and so far received many white day presents this morning already from my 2ne1 members as well as from Se7en Oppa and Jinhwan. 

The presents I gave to these 2 boys however was a little bit more special but apparently special enough for them both to keep today free and spend time catching up. I missed them dearly...and I knew they missed me too. 

Even though Jongin and I broke up less than half a year ago, we were still able to keep our friendship going. I guess my only regret is that we had to break up over the phone because we weren't able to each other at all. The last time I saw him was when he invited me out for a movie along with Taemin. I even had to leave early in the middle of it and we weren't able to talk much at all.

It makes me think how crazy life was back then for me...My last comeback for who knows how long and now my days are spent more relaxed and stressless. Though I'm grateful it all happened because of how content and happy it left me in the end...I have 2 close guys friends I can trust and be myself with. I will definitely treausre today and-

-WHACK-

'OW!' I turned around wide-eyed while rubbing the bump on my head at the familiar face who was grinning back at me.

'Jongin, that's not funny!' I pouted, hitting my ex boyfriend's shoulder as he sat down next to me. 

'Not my fault you always space out.' He shrugged. 'Also you were smiling so weirdly. erted thoughts Minji?' He raised his eyebrows and poked my face.

'I didn't miss you afterall.' I pushed his hand away and rolled my eyes. 'Where's Taemin?' 

'He'll be another 10 or 15 I think.' Jongin leaned over and stole a sip of my drink. 'He called saying he coukdn't leave his interview early so it's just us until then. Hey this is nice, could I get one of those too?' 

'You like it?' I asked 'For most people it's too sweet.' I gestured over to the barista over at the counter to make 2 more.

'More importatly, this.' Jongin placed a pink bag ontop of the table. 

'For White day?' I smiled slightly at him. 'Did you like my present?'

'The cookies were so good Baekhyun tried to steal them off me.' Jongin laughed. I really appreciate the letter by the way.'

'I'm glad.' My face beamed. 'Can I open your present now?'

'Of course.' Jongin nodded, then smiled to the barista who brought over more hot chocolate for us. 

I couldn't hide my smile as I took out a box from the bag and opened it, revealing a small pouch and a card. 

'Jongin, what is this?' I glanced at my ex boyfriend as I opened the pouch to reveal a little gold necklace with a red star and my name on it.

'Just a little something...' Jongin looked at me nervously and scratched the back of his head. 'If you read my letter you'll understand, but don't read it now...read it when I'm gone.' 

'Okay...' I raised my eyebrows weirdly at him. 'Thankyou.' I put it back into the pouch and into my bag. 

'it's just something from when we-'

'Sorry to keep you two waiting.' A voice interrupted Jongin's sentence. 'Did I miss anything important?'

'Taemin!' I jumped from my seat and gave him a big hug. 'Congratulations on your comeback Oppa!' 

'Thankyou Minzy.' Taemin hugged me back before turning around. 'Jongin are you sure this is allowed?'

'Oh right, I never told you hyung.' Jongin gave him a fistbump. 'Minji and I aren't dating anymore you know?'

Taemin's eyes widened. 'WHAT?!' You did?!'

'Jongin-ah you didn't tell him?' I frowned. 'You two are bestfriends.'

'It just...didn't come up.' Jongin shrugged. 'But besides the point! Come on all three of us are here to catch up. Lets sit down, have something to eat and chat for ages.' 

'He's right.' I nodded. 'Is that for me?' I looked at the gift wrapped box in his hand.

'Oh yeah it is.' Taemin giggled. 'Open it open it open it!'

'What is it?!' I excitedly teared it open and then gave Taemin a knowing look. 'Wait, you're gifting me your new signed album?'

'You should be thankful. Not even Jongin got one of these yet.' Taemin looked at me

mischievously.

 

‘You love yourself too much hyung.’ Jongin laughed as he rolled his eyes.
 

‘Okay well let’s get started! We can order whatever we want to eat because we have the café to ourselves today. ‘I said excitedly as I nodded to the barista and chef behind the counter. ‘Let’s celebrate with my favourite foods!’

 

-----------------------

 

It had probably been about 2 hours of us eating and laughing together and reminiscing the times we were able to collaborate and dance together. It was exactly the same as how we were all getting closer. Except sometime I would notice Jongin looking into the distance and spacing out..and then when he realised I was staring at him he simply smiled and acted like nothing was wrong. I wanted to ask him but I didn’t want to ruin the mood.

‘Okay I’ve overstayed my welcome and I’m actually late to a rehearsal so I’m gonna head off in a minute.’ Jongin sighed as he glanced at the time on his wrist watch.

‘That’s okay, I’m glad we could get together finally.’ I shook my head. ‘Will you be leaving together?’

‘Mmm nah I think I might stay for just a little longer.’ Taemin smiled. ‘Until my manager calls me and explodes haha.’

‘Alright well I’ll walk Jongin outside okay?..’ I quickly stood up (while mouthing sorry to Taemin) and yanked Jongin by the hand. When we were far enough I turned around and hugged him.

‘…Minji?’

‘I just thought…maybe we can be alone even just for a moment. I still care for you despite what happened and we didn’t split up in person.’

‘Yeah.’ Jongin wrapped his arms gently around my waist for a moment and then briefly let go. ‘Thankyou Minji.’ He looked at me with happy yet sad eyes, turning to walk out of the building. I watched him until he was out of sight and then I returned to the cafeteria where Taemin was waiting for me.

 

 

‘Sorry about that. Hope I didn’t take too long.’ I sat back down and composed myself again. ‘Sure you don’t have to leave for your performance yet?’ I smiled.

‘Soon. Actually I wanted to talk to you without Jongin for a little while.’ Taemin looked at me with an expression I couldn’t read.

‘Oh…why’s that?’ I tilted my head, still composing myself.
 

‘Why did you break up?’ He asked.

‘…’ My smiled dropped. ‘Well….you know..we didn’t-‘

‘Did you stop loving Jongin?’

‘No….well we just decided it was okay not to be together but stay friends. We weren’t able to stay in touch because I wasn’t busy and he WAS busy. Things happened one way or another and we decided to call it quits. There are no ill feelings from either of us.’ I answered finally.

‘I see.’ Taemin nodded. ‘I just think it’s a shame because I can tell you two still look at each other the same way. So I can’t seem to believe that you decided together to break up and-‘

‘No, it was ME who broke up with Jongin. He told me he understood and we talked about the fact that it wouldn’t change things that much. We’re still close so...’ I stared at my now cold chocolate.

‘I know you both still love each other so much…but I understand why you think it’s better this way.’ Taemin smiled warmly at me.

‘You always are the mature one huh…’ I laughed to myself.

‘What do you mean?’ He stared at me, confused.

‘Back then, after Jongin and you were back to being bestfriends and he and I had been dating for a while, we hung out at your dorm remember? All three of us were in your room ... you both left the room to grab snacks and  I saw you left your diary open on your desk. You had written of your still strong feelings for me and how you wanted to get rid of them because of how happy I make Jongin and the look on his face when he sees me is something you wouldn’t want to ruin.’

‘Minzy I can’t believe you went through my stuff!’ Taemin pouted and flicked my head.

‘Ehehe…I’m sorry Oppa.’ I winked back. ‘But even so…I really look up to you when it comes to how important your friend’s happiness is over your own. I’m not that selfless and I’ve never met anyone as selfless as you are now.’

‘I was more selfish before that but yeah I guess…we were just not meant to be. And that’s okay with me because I’m happy with my life right now and how things are. I hope soon you’ll feel the same about yourself. Until our next catch up yeah?’

‘For sure.’ I grinned. ‘Goodluck with your performance and..everything. Thankyou to you both for spending today with me…it’s definitely the best present I could ever receive for White Day.’



-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-




Jongin's letter

 

‘Happy White Day to Minjiiiiiii!’

Thankyou for your Valentine’s present if I haven’t said it to you already. I’m grateful you still think about me enough to send gifts for a special day, even if we aren’t dating anymore. To be honest, I was shocked to receive something from you because even if we are still friends, our breakup was still recent. But nevermind that, I really appreciated your letter and I’ll keep it for a long time.

It would hurt me too much to say this to your face… but I just wanted to let you know that I never regretted dating you Minji…even if that’s what you thought sometimes. I remember towards the end of us you confessed that you don’t think I try hard enough to stay in contact ..It was a really tough time for you and I couldn’t be there. I remember hearing how lonely you sounded…you were scared for the future of 2NE1 and felt like you were losing your place in the industry…I wanted to hold you so tight and tell you everything was going to be okay.

We broke up a few weeks later…and I never got to give you your Christmas present. I know I stopped being the corny type and you missed that side of me so…I had to give you this necklace.

A star with your name….to remind you that you still, and will always be one. Red because it’s your favourite colour and you look the best in it.

I actually thought it wouldn’t be appropriate to give this to you so I was going to throw it out but…I figured I still wanted you to have it. Not so it will remind you of us together…but that it reminds you of how capable you are.

 

P.S I really hope the next time I see you…you’ll have had a solo debut that I have wished for you for so long, and I’ll be happy to finally congratulate you.

-J’

--------


 

 

 

 

 

The End

 

 

-----------

A/N: ……IT’S DONE?! MY FIRST STORY ON AFF EVER…..AND I’M NOT EVEN SURE IF IT WAS THE LEAST BIT TOUCHING OR JUST OUTRIGHT CRINGE WORTHY BUT THERE IT IS….MY TAE/KAI/MINZY STORY HAS FINALLY FINISHED OMG…

 

Thankyou to everyone who read it through the end and thankyou if you read even just a little bit of it all. I’ll never forget the comments you guys gave me throughout the last year and more?? I hope I will be back to continue with my other fanfic…;__; And sincerest apologies for…well everything.

 

UNTIL NEXT TIME