A Threat

Your Dance is Addictive

 

It was a whole new experience to me. Countless times I've seen him dance on stage. Training in the same group made me see even more. But now seeing it performed just for me was breath taking and a whole new experience itself. Sure he had already danced for me at his dorm but this time it felt different because he was freestyling. The way he's able to have good control of his movements and portray both strong and soft techniques. My eyes glued to the figure in front of me, never leaving it for even a second before the music abruptly paused and the show was suddenly over.

'Why did you stop?' I asked immediately.

Kai slowly walked over and sat next to me and smiled nervously. 'I can't dance comfortably with you staring at me like that....' I saw his blush.

'Mianhae....' I muttered, trying to look like I wasn't affected by his insanely cute smile. 'You just...you're a completely different person when you dance. I find that really interesting.'

'Really?' He beamed. 'I guess I have a lot of confidence with dance...but I don't portray a cool and y guy in real life?' He slightly pouted. Okay was he trying to flirt with me?

'Well when I first met you, you were pretty shy you know?' I answered.

'What a boring answer.' He sneered at me.

'Hey! I thought you were my fanboy!' I punched his leg.

'I am! I'm a loyal Minzy fanboy!' He grinned. 'So since I'm your fanboy, do I get any fan service ?'

His question caught me by surprise, but inside I was happy he was definitely becoming more carefree around me.

'Fan service like what?'

'What else? Dance! Unless you want to sing for me.'

'Dance then?' I said, getting up. I put on a random Hip Hop song and walked to the center. Glancing through the mirror, I felt a tiny bit nervous seeing Kai look so expectantly at me. But it was just like any other time where I'm asked to dance, right?

Bobbing my head up and down to get the beat first, I slowly started moving to the music. Gradually I was getting more into it and I even forgot about Kai who was watching me. Obviously I dance pretty y since it's my thing. I ended the dance with my signature head flick and body roll before turning the music down. I looked towards Kai who was covering his face with both his hands. Only his huge grin was showing. 'Wooooooow!'

'What's up with you?' I frowned, walking to sit back next to him.

'Minzy you're too y for me.' He blurted out, immediately uncovering his eyes and instead covered his mouth. I chuckled awkwardly and ignored the tingle I felt when he said 'too y for me'.

'You know my style, I don't see why you're surprised.' Still, Kai kept his hands put and looked away from me. I thought I should be the one who's most embarrassed but okay...

'So.' I started, trying to change the subject. 'Are we done for today? I need to go to the SM building to pick up Luna unnie. We're hanging out today.'

I smiled as Kai uncovered his face and nodded at me. The guy really restored himself quickly. 'Let's go together then.'

-------------------------

'Oh you're here today?' I exclaimed, discovering Taemin inside the dance room. Honestly it made me kinda happy to see him. Walking in, I felt the warm temperature of the room and stared briefly at the sweat running down his neck. I couldn't lie, it kind of...excited me. You'd think I'd never seen someone sweat before. Maybe it was just because the shirt he was wearing kinda showed more skin than I'd seen in real life up until now.

'Oh. Minji-ah, what are you doing here?'

I scrunched my nose at him. 'Since when do you call me so familiar-like?'

'You don't mind right? Shouldn't we be showing people that we have a close relationship?'

'Is that really necessary?' I stifled a laugh.

'Well you stopped calling me Oppa.'

I froze. So he noticed huh? 'Because...You don't deserve to be called that right now.'

'What are you doing here though?' He asked, instead of arguing back at my comment which sort of surprised me.

'Luna unnie is still having private lessons so...I just came to check in the room and see If anyone from our group was here today.' I shrugged, earning a weird smirk from Taemin.

'You're just happy that it's me right?' He threw me that toxic smile. I glared at him slightly before returning my gaze to his neck.

'Seems like you're working extra hard on something..?' I reached my hand up and gently grazed my fingers along his collar bone, tracing the line of sweat he had running down. Instead of an answer, Taemin looked at me with an expression I really couldn't read. I slowly retracted my hand and stared blankly at him.

'Bwo?' I frowned. I opened my mouth to say something again before he took my hand in his and leaned in closer to me, our faces only inches away. My heart skipped a beat and I knew what he was going to do. He slowly closed the gap between us and lifted his other hand to tilt my chin up. He closed his eyes and leaned in even closer before I abruptly jerked away and stepped backwards, He looked at me, looking slightly surprised and slightly disappointed that I didn't let him have his way.

'Is something wrong?' He asked, like as If It was normal for us to kiss all the time. Truthfully I wanted him to kiss me again....but this time I felt a pan of guilt rush through my head because I thought of .......Kai. I bit my lip and kept my head down. Hearing Taemin's footsteps approach me again, I backed away even further even though I knew it was of no use. He grasped onto my wrist again and pulled me towards his body, hugging me slightly. I blushed profusely at his touch, especially since his body felt warmer than usual, due to him dancing. Taemin tilted my chin up to make me face him again, attempting the same thing. He looked at me with determination as he leaned in again, trying to close the gap between us. But still, I backed away once more, flinching because he still had a hold of my wrist.

'What is it Minji?' He asked, his voice a little demanding.

I looked at his eyes and read pain. He was obviously offended that I refused him.

'Mianhae.....' I uttered weakly. 'I just....I don't think this is right afterall.' I bit my lip again because I could still see the hurt in his eyes.

'From the way you look at me, I know you want me to do it. So why? Tell me the reason why.' He slightly raised his voice, making me flinch again.

'Because I... I feel guilty.' I muttered.

'Guilty? Is this about Kai?' Taemin tightened his grip on my hand. 'Don't tell me you're now even falling for Kai?'

'No!' I replied a little too quickly. Then I shook my head because I said the wrong thing. 'This is....this is....not about Kai.' My voice grew weak. What was I even saying? Of course it was about Kai. I'm lying If I say I don't feel anything towards him now. But....letting Taemin know that didn't seem right.

'If it's not about Kai then what the hell would you feel guilty for?' Taemin asked, his voice now sounding frustrated. I looked away. I couldn't answer that. What reason would I even come up with?

 

'See? It is about him.' His voice softened. Now I was feeling guilty about something else, although it quickly flew out on the window when he said the next thing. 'Kai still doesn't know that we kissed. I think I want to let him know.' 

I used my free hand and tugged at his shirt while shaking my head.

'No...no.....' I mumbled.

'Minji, he knows I like you. Telling him I kissed you won't kill him-'

'That's not the point!' I shouted all of a sudden, surprising Taemin.

'Bwo?' He waited for me to continue.

'I don't want you guys to fight. You're best friends aren't you!?' I tightened the hold on his shirt. 'Don't make me the jerk here. I don't want to get caught up in this mess If it's going to make you hate each other. So don't tell him that you took my first kiss!' I yelled, hoping to earn a look of understanding from Taemin. Instead, I only got some wide eyed cat look from him.

'Minji-ah, I took your first kiss?' He asked, sounding like he couldn't believe it. I blushed slightly, mentally cursing myself for accidentally revealing that it indeed was him that took my first kiss.

'N-Nae....' I answered lightly. I wished I could've just run out and splash some water on my face because he must think I'm some sort of protected child. I am to some extent but that's not the point. 'Please Taemin....If Kai is going to find out, I'll do it okay?' I bit my lip. I only received a slight nod in understanding from the boy in front of me, but I could see the obvious signs of happiness on his face.

'Minji, I-' Taemin started before the door creaked open. We quickly let go of eachother and created some distance so the person coming inside wouldn't suspect anything.

'Oppa, there you are.' I heard a familiar voice. I groaned inwardly but it seemed like the feeling was mutual because I only got a glare.

'Oh Minzy, you're here too.'

'That's sunbae to you, Krystal.' Taemin corrected her.

'It's okay, we're friends already. Right Minzy?' Krystal gave me a smile that surely seemed sweet, but really just shone with mischief. She was mocking me, but I couldn't do anything but smile back and nod. 'Yeah, we're friends.'

After hearing that, she quickly looked back at Taemin and smiled the same way she did the last time. 'Oppa, F(x) is finished with vocal practise. Let's go eat something?'

'Kure.' Taemin nodded, tugging a tight smile on his face. In my opinion he looked like he didn't even want to go with her.

'Oh, so I'll be going to get Luna unnie then.' I smiled, starting to walk away from the scene.

'Wait Minji.' Taemin called me. I cursed quietly to myself because I felt like he shouldn't have addressed me like that in front of Krystal.

'Yeah?' I asked, my back not turning around.

'Do you wanna-'

'Oppa, you go and change clothes first. I'll walk with Minzy and take her to Luna.' Krystal said, making me turn around.

'No no it's okay.'

'I insist.' Krystal smiled at me, then turned back to Taemin. 'Oppa, you go first.' She kind of ordered. Taemin only nodded defeatedly with a smile before making his way towards the door. He shot me a quick glance before exciting the room. Great. Now I was kind of stuck with a girl that I was pretty sure hated me even though I didn't do anything wrong.

'You.' Krystal started, walking towards me. Her confidence and aura already radiated from that one word, making me feel a little nervous. Still, I looked at her genuinely and replied. 'Yeah?'

'Don't think you have Oppa wrapped around your finger. I know for a fact that he'd never date someone from YG.'

I frowned slightly, What the hell? She'd only met me once before this and she was already shooting accusations about me and Taemin after seeing us in the same room?

'Uhh...what are you talking about?' I asked, trying not to sound so defensive. It only earned me a light scoff from Krystal and she glared at me even more, If possible.

'I heard your little conversation. I'm not stupid.' She smirked. 'I don't think you need me to connect the dots for you, but I like Taemin Oppa. It's been that way for a long time now, but they say you shouldn't date within your company so I've been waiting.' She explained, not like I needed her to spell it out for me. All idols know that it's forbidden to date someone from the same company. But she was waiting?.... For what?

'SM Sajangnim isn't as strict as he was before. But If I date Oppa, it will still be a secret. You should stay away from him If you don't want trouble.'

Of course as much as I wanted to be, I couldn't say something rude back. Still, I was only to have an opinion right?

'No offense...but I don't think you can really tell me whether or not I can be friends with someone.' I answered.

'Didn't I tell you? It's not someone, it's Taemin Oppa!' She raised her voice slightly, making me cringe at her childishness. 'Don't get in my way. If I tell you to stay away, then you should listen If you don't want me to do something bad.'

'Like what?' I tested her. What could she possibly know or have on me that would make me listen to her?

'Your kiss.' She smirked upon seeing me wide eyed at her answer. How long had she been eavesdropping for?

'If you don't want me to tell your precious friend Kai about your little kiss with Taemin Oppa, which by the way I detest to oblivion, then I suggest you keep some distance from Oppa. Of course, I can't help it that you're in the same group as him but I'd rather see you get together with Kai rather than clinging to my Oppa.'

I sighed in frustration. Did she really have to threaten me? I opened my mouth to talk back before the door slammed open, interrupting me.

'Minji-ah you're here~' Luna sang.

'Unnie.' I smiled, welcoming her into a light hug.

'Krystal, Taemin sunbae is waiting for you outside.' Luna looked over at her dongsaeng.

'Uhuh, thanks for telling me. See you two later. Have fun.' She smiled at me especially, looking again as sweet as ever. I smiled back while thinking '.' in my head.

-------

A/N: ...do I have an excuse for not updating in over a week? ... no xD Well I do, If school tests count. And I've been editing a video for my channel recently. Trying to move the story along and sorry If I made you hate Krystal LOL XD I wonder how far my story will go. I will work hard to write better >< Because I know my writer is pretty average, If not less than that.

Thanks to the new subbies:
_KeyLean_   

Anii_Key_BoA   

Fearlessrose27   

miminzy   

kpopkenia21

fiqahvip

shugohakke   

AlecsMate   

 

 And ofc to the new upvoters !


Anii_Key_BoA

miminzy

AlecsMate

It's actually getting harder to respond to all your comments but trust me, I'll get around to it! I do read every single one you know ~ Give me your thoughts on Krystal coming in and what you think might happen or what you would like to happen~ Always considering your ideas.

I've also considered writing a small Sehunzy fic or even a LuMin fic...Thoughts?! Am I crazy ? XD

Also I know some of us are still feeling distressed about Exo's latest events, but let's stay strong okay?! Fighting!