Happy Kai, Angry Kai

Your Dance is Addictive

Kai P.O.V

I couldn’t stop smiling at the polaroid stuck on my wall. Out of all the things I had collected up until now, this was by far the best thing to have on me. I wish I didn’t feel so embarrassed around my members and have the courage to hang up my other Minzy merchandise….Chanyeol hyung is so open about who he likes. Having Dara posters and stuff stuck all over his wall…I wonder what Kyungsoo would say If he ever discovered me hanging up my huge Minzy poster. Reaching under my bed, I grabbed the poster that I look at all the time but leave hidden from the others. I unrolled it out and laid it flat on my floor, doing my usual admiring of Minzy. Her expression, her body and her pose. I grinned more than I usually did since I still found it amazing that I’d managed to become good friends with her. It was seriously a dream I thought wouldn’t come true, as sappy as it sounds. I traced my fingers along Minzy’s features and wondered to myself.

 

Would she ever see me as more than a friend?

 

‘Yah Kai. Stop ing.’

I froze briefly before snapping my head back only to see Baekhyun right behind me, also staring at the beautiful woman that is Minzy. I immediately rolled my poster up and quickly pushed it back under my bed.

‘Hyung, do you need something?’ I asked casually, although I already knew I could never fool this guy.

‘Geez…what would Minzy say If she caught you staring at her like that…’ He shook his head in disapproval.

‘S-Staring like what? Fans stare at her all the time.’

‘You know what I mean. Dongsaeng, you are so innocent at heart but that dirty mind of yours is something else.’

‘W-WHAT!’ I exclaimed. ‘I…I’m not a ert hyung…’

‘I beg to differ…’ He smirked. ‘But I don’t blame you. You’re a guy, it’s normal. And you’ve been a Minzy fan for as long as…..I don’t even know.’ He shrugged. ‘Does she know how much you like her?’

I blushed upon hearing this. ‘W-Well…..’ I said, scratching the back of my neck. ‘To an extent I think she does….but I don’t know how she feels about me. I’ve kind of dropped her subtle hints.’

Subtle hints.’ Baekhyun repeated while making quotation marks with his hands and rolling his eyes.

‘Bwo?’ I questioned his behaviour.

He just smirked at me and turned his attention towards the new picture I had stuck on my side of the room. It was small and not looking for attention, but he somehow noticed it anyway.

‘Hm? Minzy came over here again? When did you take this?’ He asked, sounding excited.

‘A few days ago…She came over to hang out with me.’ I replied happily.

‘How did you even have time when we….’ He frowned, then looked at me with widened eyes. ‘You call ‘being sick’ hanging out with your future girlfriend? Really Kai?’

‘It’s not like that!’ I waved my hands around frantically. The last thing I wanted him to tell the rest of the members was that I slacked off because I wanted alone time with Minzy. Which wasn’t my true intention in the first place anyway.

‘So?’ He looked at me flatly. ‘Explain.’

‘Kyungsoo and I really just wanted a break from practice that day so we went to eat together. I just happened to run into Minzy there…’

‘You sly dog you.’ Baekhyun half smiled half frowned at me. I could tell he wasn’t that pissed off because he nudged me in the side, showing his way of telling me ‘Nice job.’

‘So? What else did you do with her that day? Any romantic scenes? Any skinship? Any sweet talk? Any-‘

‘Hyung! One at a time please.’ I blushed, before pouncing onto my bed and hugging my pillow. I laid on my stomach and looked at Baekhyun who was sitting on the chair next to the desk in the room waiting for me to spill the details.

 

Flashback

‘Are you sure no one’s here today?’

‘Yeah, I’m sure. Come on, it’s fine.’ I assured, pulling Minzy inside Exo’s dorm. She chuckled at me while I looked at her weirdly. Why was she laughing?

‘Mian….’ She started. ‘But I really find it interesting that your levels of confidence change when I’m around you.’

‘Hm? What do you mean?’ I frowned.

‘Well it’s not like I’m complaining or anything. I like that you’re okay with talking to me normally and not just as a fanboy. Remember our first meeting?’

I led her to the sofa to sit next to me as I turned the TV on with the remote resting near me.

‘Yeah I remember…’ I pouted.

‘Aw Kai you were so cute you know?’ She giggled and started playing with my hair. I dared myself to look straight at her laughing face and I really couldn’t help but break out in a smile too. Our first meeting was a good memory, no matter how embarrassing it was. But what was most important right now was the tingles I felt in my stomach, all caused by Minzy’s simple actions. She never failed to excite me and make me happy, even If it was just as a friend. But I wanted to change that soon…

‘Minzy I really…I really am so lucky to have you.’ I confessed, only realising what I blurted out when she looked at me all confused.

‘Kai what are you saying all of a sudden? You’re making a strange face.’ She looked at me in amusement. I coughed lightly and shook my head before replying.

‘Nevermind. I was just rambling.’

She shrugged and smirked at me. ‘Okay.’ I felt like she knew what I was thinking when I said it. I shuffled uncomfortably in my spot before I played around with the remote.

‘Should we watch something?’ I suggested, trying to ignore the fact that she was sitting so close to me and I was getting way too bothered.

‘What do you have that we can watch?’ She asked.

‘Well, I have a few movies and-‘

‘Oh! Would you possibly have the videos of your variety show here?!’

‘Yeah… we do actually.’ I stammered, a little surprised she’d want to watch Exo’s Showtime.

‘Can we watch that? I never really got time to sit down and catch the episodes but Dara unnie said she watched a few and found them quite funny.’ Minzy clapped her hands together.

‘You really wanna watch us Minzy?’

‘Sure I do. Why would I suggest it in the first place?’

‘Well don’t blame me If you find it boring~’ I shuffled over and plugged our hard drive into the TV. ‘Let’s go from Episode 1 then.

----

‘We can watch the rest next time right?!’ Minzy asked me excitedly as I turned off the TV.

‘Sure, whenever you’re free. It could be a while you know….’ I nodded. 'Anyway who's been the most interesting member to you so far?'

'Definitely Baekhyun Oppa.' She answered without hesitation. 'He really is so damn funny! He makes the best comments and makes everyone in your group laugh heaps.'

 

'And of course, Luhan Oppa was looking so cute in his little koala hat. I find his and Xiumin-ssi's friendship super cute!' Minzy giggled.

 

'Yah yah what about me?' I whined.

'I wasn't finished yet.' She stuck her tongue out at me. 'You were cute when you were making up the slogan and actions for your show in the first episode.'

'That's it?!' I half yelled, kinda disappointed. 'Maybe because my best episodes come out later! You should wait until you watch karaoke ! I'm totally hilarious there.'

'Sure sure.' She mocked me. 'Anyway it's about time to leave, I've got concert practise in a few hours and I wanna go back to my dorm first.'

'You know we might not see each other anytime soon...' I started. I really wished she didn't have to leave yet.

‘Yeah, 2NE1 have quite a few concerts and tours coming up.. I’ll be away from a few training sessions too. But hey, next week is that assessment thing where YG and SM sajangnims are calling us in to see the effectiveness of this program and whatnot. I'll see you then right?’

‘Yeah I guess…but after that EXO are going to comeback as well….’ I pouted. I then quickly remembered something I wanted to do before swiftly grabbing Minzy’s hand and leading her through the hallways, up the stairs.

‘Kai, what’s up? Why are we in here?’ She questioned as we entered my shared room.

I let go of her hand and walked over to one of my drawers, searching for something that I hadn't used in a while.

‘Got it!’ I exclaimed, grinning to myself.

‘What is it?’ She asked, probably wondering why I sounded so happy.

‘This.’ I showed her. My polaroid camera that my members knew I didn’t use often and only brought out every so often. Yes call me weird but I personally don’t find anything wrong with a guy owning a polaroid camera okay?

'You're giving this to me?' She frowned at my hands offering her the camera.

'No no, you're taking the picture for us babo.' I laughed.

'Oh okay! Who would've thought you kept a polaroid lying around your roon.' She laughed. 'You just keep getting cuter Kai.' She stretched her hands out as we quickly smiled and posed, taking our picture that I knew I would treasure for a looooong time.

'All done!' She said, taking the picture that came out and waving it around. 'Hopefully it looked okay. Anyway I think I've overstayed my welcome again....' She looked at me apologetically.

'You never did Minzy.' I shook my head at her and took the camera away, gently placing it on my bed. We made our way to the front door and I was contemplating whether or not I should give her a hug. Luckily she did it for me.

'Thanks for inviting me over again. You know I can't wait until next time.' She wrapped her arms around me briefly. I did the same and we let go a few seconds after.

Did she mean she'd love to come over and hang out just the two of us?

End of Flashback

'It really...was....kinda dreamy.' I laughed into my pillow. I was no longer looking at Baekhyun but had my face buried into my pillow. I knew he was listening to my story and I only realised how sappy I  really sounded when I suddenly heard multiple voices cooing at me from behind.

'Awwww hyung!!! you're such a little girl.' Sehun grinned at me.

 

'I feel like I'm seeing a whole new side of you as a dedicated Kai fanboy.' Chanyeol laughed.

 'Guy's Kai's face is priceless!' Kyungsoo grinned.

'When did you guys get here?!' I pushed my pillow away and immediately sat up.

'Since you started speaking about what you and Minzy did on your sweet little date, which was like...pretty much from the start.' Baekhyun giggled.

'Hyung!! Why didn't you tell me to stop before?' I covered my face with my hands.

'It was too funny to break you out of your little story telling time.'

'Now I know I just have to kidnap Minzy for Kai and it'll make me the best wingman ever.' Chanyeol teased.

'Aishhhh all of you get out of here! What I do with Minzy is only my business!!' I shouted.

'Well technically you started telling me the story on your own free will.' Baekhyun sang, making everyone smirk at me. I was pretty sure my face was red as a tomato. Loud footsteps were heard and I knew the other members must've heard my outburst from a few seconds earlier and came upstairs to check on me. Soon all 11 of my Exo members were in the room and were all either staring at me in amusement or shock.

'Uh....yeah...' I mumbled, feeling utterly embarrassed that now everyone knew it was clear I had fallen for my Minzy. I mean, not my Minzy, just Minzy. 'Guys get out of my room!' Was the only thing I could bear to say. I chucked one of the pillows on my bed in their direction before burying myself under my blanket, like as If it'd protect me from the nagging and teasing that was about to follow.

----

Minzy P.O.V

After reading another text message, I tossed my phone next to me as I lay flat on my bed, resting on my stomach. It had been another full day of schedules and practises. I had skipped the last 2 YG and SM training sessions because there was simply no time in my timetable to fit it all in. Honestly, I was glad we were this busy because then I wouldn't have to face Taemin. His constant messages were really making me feel uncomfortable and frustrated so not training with him made it easier for me to not reply to his requests and whining. I sighed heavily to myself, grabbing my phone again and scanning through the unread messages and miscalls I received over the last 4 days.

'Why did you leave so abruptly for? Are you upset about something?'

 

'Minji-ah, please don't ignore my messages. Something's wrong, and I know it.'

 

'You weren't at training today. I'm guessing it's from your schedules? The other 2NE1 members also weren't here. I'll see you in 2 days though right?'

 

'Kai has been in a good mood lately...did you do something I don't know about? :('

 

'You weren't here today either. Can't you at least reply once please...Minji?'

 

'Taemin you babo.' I scolded at my phone. I couldn't bring myself to reply or call him back because of what I heard from Kai.

'You still have ties with Naeun right?'

Those words bothered me the more I kept thinking about it. All the possibilities of wondering whether Taemin had been doing to Naeun the same thing he is to me kept ringing in my head. The reaction Taemin had upon hearing Kai blurt his so called 'secret' out at the restaurant was enough to make me suspect that I wasn't the only girl he was interested in. Or maybe I was exaggerating and he really didn't have that kind of relationship with Naeun in the first place.  I thought I had his personality figured out when we became proper friends, but boy was I wrong. Whatever relationship he had with any other girls (including Krystal) I shouldn't concern myself with. The one thing that pissed me off about it was the fact that I wasn't even dating him, yet I felt like as If he was cheating on me or something. Wasn't it me myself who said our little encounters weren't appropriate? Wasn't it me who said I also liked Kai? Wasn't it me who didn't want Taemin to keep on doing these  kinds of things to me?

'Wow! Fantastic Baby!' My phone's ringtone interrupted my train of thought.

-Luhan Oppa calling-

Perfect timing. I thought.

'Oppa!' I smiled even though he wouldn't see it.

'Minzy, how have you been? I haven't seen you at the last couple of training sessions you know.'

'I've had my hands full as you can guess.' I sighed. 'My body is daring to disown me anytime soon.'

'I wouldn't want that to happen. Korea would lose one of its best dancers.'

'Oppa, don't say that, it's embarrassing!' I giggled.

'But It's true isn't it?' He laughed back. 'Oh and by the way, Kai's been a giddy little boy lately.'

'Oh yeah, and why is that?'

'Well It has something to do with the polaroid he's been staring at since you guys took that photo...' He teased.

I blushed lightly. 'So he really likes it huh?'

'We heard the details but maybe he left something out?' Luhan asked, curiousity showing.

'Don't get it out of me~ We just watched Exo Showtime together.'

'I looked great didn't I? Just make sure you don't want the last few episodes though...' Luhan mumbled.

'Bwo? Wae?' I questioned.

'Because they totally shatter all over my manly image.' He sighed, making me laugh.

'Well that means I'm definitely watching the rest then!'

'Aigoo....' He groaned. 'But yeah. Since your little date, has Kai gained more brownie points than Taemin sunbae for now?'

The mention of Taemin's name made me bite my lip subconsicously. I wondered how I'd be able to change the subject casually because I didn't really want to talk about him right now.

'Minzy?' Luhan's voice rang through my ear. 'You still there?'

'Yeah yeah I am! Sorry, I just spaced out a second.'

Luhan was also silent for a few seconds before speaking again.

'Did something happen?'

'No, what makes you say that?' I quickly answered, already frowning at myself because he definitely knew I was lying.

'Are you free now? Does your body hurt too much to move?' He asked.

'No.....' I frowned. What was he thinking of?

'Okay. Come by our dorm. Let's go get some ice cream or something. My treat?' He asked.

It sounded like an inviting suggestion and I immediately agreed, knowing Luhan would be able to cheer me up.

------

I waited outside the premises of Exo's dorm. I messaged Luhan to meet me outside the gate because I didn't want to knock at the front door and make Kris think I was going over to see Kai or something. I wonder what he was up to the other day. I hadn't seen him since he fake smiled at me and acted like we were best friends in front of Chaerin unnie and GD Oppa.

'Minzy?!' I heard. I shifted my gaze to the side, and noticed a sweaty looking Kai and Sehun approaching me.

'Oh you guys! Hey.' I smiled, waving. I was thinking of giving Kai a hug but decided against it because I couldn't do it in front of Sehun....

'What are you doing here? Did you come to surprise visit sunbae?' Sehun smiled at me, panting.

'Sort of?' I laughed. 'Did you guys just come back from running or something?'

'Yeah, we have to keep our stamina up cos we're the best dancers you know~ Lay hyung is too, but he gets pretty lazy.' He laughed, and I did too.

'So are you coming inside with us now?' Kai asked with his panting voice, making me feel a little tingly. Since it was pretty late at night, I couldn't fully see his features but I was pretty sure I'd have felt the way I did when I saw Taemin all sweaty.

'Well....actually I'm-'

'Hey, sorry to keep you waiting.' Luhan approached us, resting his hand around my waist. He  then noticed his dongsaengs staring at his actions. He looked up at Kai and Sehun. 'You should both go inside and wash up yeah?'

Straight away, I saw Kai's stare fixed on the hand that rested on my waist and his expression darkened.

'Minzy.... you came to meet Luhan hyung?' He asked me. I could sense a sign of discomfort in his voice.

'Yeah....we're just going to get a little sugar fix, that's all.' I smiled lightly. I sort of wished I hadn't run into them here, since Sehun's earlier smile disappeared too and he had a sour expression spread across his face now. 'Hyung, I didn't know you and Minzy sunbae also meet up together.' He raised his eyebrow at his hyung.

'Well we don't actually. This is the first time.' Luhan shook his head.

'No it's not. I see you two hanging out during breaks at training as well.' Kai piped up all of a sudden. I started to feel the tension and awkwardness flying through the air.

'No..he means this is the first time outiside of training that we've met. Right Luhan?' I turned to Luhan, purposely not using 'Oppa' this time.

'Do you two want to join us then?' Luhan asked, looking at the two dancers eyeing him suspiciously.

'No, we should go wash up. Right hyung?' Sehun mumbled, his hand placed on Kai's shoulder. I looked at Kai and felt my heart beat fast not because he was making me nervous, but because this was the first time I'd ever seen him look so upset before. I wanted to give him a hug and tell him not to worry, but the situation didn't seem to call for it. Instead, I reached my hand out slowly and took his. Surprisingly, he didn't jerk or slap my hand away.

'Kai...please don't misunderstand me okay?' My voice echoed quietly. 

I could see him bite his lip before he slowly faced me, suddenly keeping a tight grip on my hand and nodding slightly. 'Bye.' He mumbled, before walking past me, Sehun following him. I looked at Luhan who only shrugged and pulled me into a light hug.

'See what I told you? That boy is so quick to jump to conclusions.' He whispered against my hair. 'Shall we get going then?'

'Nae.' I replied weakly, not before glancing back to see a glimpse of Kai as he stepped inside his dorm.

Please don't be angry at me.

 

-----

A/N: So Kaiminzy and LuMin shippers, here's YOUR sugar fix. And as you may have guessed, this is another DOUBLE length chapter because I actually might not be updating for over a week again ^^'

Gonna out up a poll right here and see which gets more votes: To write a Sehunzy Fanfic, or a LuMin Fanfic! The decision is all yours guys~ CLICK THE RAINBOW TO VOTE!

 

VOTE HERE:

 

 

Finally got around to replying to your comments aswell~ And since I'm updating so quicky after the last update, I will be thanking the new subbies on the next chapter in one go~ I can't wait to reach my second goal ^^

Have a good weeks guys! My weekend (especially yesterday) actually put me in a REALLY good mood  !

Adieu <3