Reconciliation

Your Dance is Addictive

Author P.O.V

 

'Have you been lying to me about Taemin hyung?'

 

The sentence travelled through Minzy's head and she paled at her boyfriend's accusation.

His face was emotion-less. She couldn't read it.

She couldn't tell what he was thinking. What he was feeling.

She didn't know how she should respond either. She immediately thought of different possible ways to reply, but by then she had spent too long agonising about it in her head and there was just an unneccessary long silence.

'Minzy?'

Kai's voice was so flat, so dead. Minzy felt like just running up to him and giving him a hug, but there was no way in hell that was happening until there were explanations.

And good explanations at that.

'....Kai. Were you...with Taemin before?' Minzy asked, but it was such a stupid question. Of course Kai was with Taemin before. Minzy mentally face palmed at herself for saying something so asinine.

'Tonight I told him about...you and me.' Kai started, cautiously walking forward, closer to Minzy. 'Hyung was...drunk, and said some weird things.'

'Ah....' Minzy nodded slowly, her eyes avoiding his stare.

'Is it true though?' Kai asked again, moving closer as he interlaced his fingers with Minzy's. She glanced at their hands, and then looked up at him. It made her suddenly felt a little less uneasy as Kai smiled lightly at her.

But wasn't he angry? Why was he holding her hand?

'If you're asking..what I think you are...then-'

 

'You kissed him, right?'

 

Minzy's breath hitched as her gaze flew back to the ground.

How was Kai able to say that so calmly?

'I-I need to explain that first. Kai, you know that Taemin and I are not-'

'So you really did. You're not denying it.' Kai interrupted her. 'I can't believe I thought I was first.' He abruptly let go of her hand.

 

Minzy felt like she was being stabbed.

 

She should've known something like this would happen. She cursed herself for not bringing up her little fling with Taemin in the first place. Kai had been completely honest with her from the very start, but she was the bad guy.

They had stressed together on how to come out and reveal their secret, yet there was one variable that was there from the start, which was never forgotten in Minzy's mind.

'Kai....' She spoke after another long silence. 'It..It happened before you and I...before the performance day...and it was a mistake.' Minzy courageously looked up and met Kai's pained expression.

'Kai, it was a mistake.'

In turn, Kai only shrugged his shoulders lifelessly. 'Then why didn't you tell me, those times when we talked about our...first kiss? I really thought....I really thought I had won you over.'

'But you DID win me over.' Minzy hesitantly tugged onto Kai's shirt, surprising him. 'It was too difficult to say at the time...and you never gave me a chance to explain-'

'There were SO many chances to explain, what are you talking about?' He cut her off. 'You could've corrected me then. And then I wouldn't have had to find out from my best friend who I thought didn't know anything. It was actually ME who didn't know anything.' Kai scoffed.

'Minzy, how could you leave me clueless like that? How could you?'

Again, Minzy felt another stab at her heart. The man she was in love with was clearly 10 times more hurt than she was. But she deserved so much more pain than that. He was right, why didn't she correct him? Clearly it would've been better to hear it come out of rather than Taemin's.

And then, she suddenly felt a cold droplet of water hit her face. Widening her eyes, she touched her cheeks and then suddenly felt more droplets hit her face.

 

It had started raining.

And it wasn't just a small shower.

 

The pace of the rain fall was rapidly increasing and it was enough to drench the two idols in a matter of seconds. But they both didn't move, despite the risk of getting sick. It wasn't the priority at hand.

Despite being drenched in the rain, Minzy just stood there, staring at Kai's betrayed face, her own expression lost and helpless.

She really didn't know what she wanted to say, because he said it all. Instead, she just continued to stare at him with lost eyes, while the rain fell heavily.

But after a minute had passed, Kai had finally noticed something.

His body reacted on its own and he widened his eyes before stepping forward, pulling Minzy into a bone crushing hug.

It shocked her greatly and she squealed, not sure if she should return the hug. The sound of the heavy rain was all she could hear as she was waiting for Kai to speak.

'Minzy...please don't cry.'

Minzy wasn't a girl who cried easily, and when she did, it was usually out of happiness. But the horrible feeling in her stomach and the breaking of her heart was too much for her, and then somewhere in between feeling all of that guilt build up inside made those tears inevitably trickle down her face.

She hadn't even realised.

'Sorry.....' Was all she muttered, but she wasn't even sure what she was apologising for. 'I'm sorry.....'

'Don't apologise.' Kai finally spoke, his plea merely a whisper. It could still be heard even in the rain.

'Why did I speak to you like that....I'm sorry Minzy. I didn't even consider your feelings.' Kai continued as his voice cracked, and Minzy's heart nearly melted hearing it. 'But it hurt so much. Knowing you liked him before you did me....I-'

'Kai listen to me..' She sniffed lightly. 'I don't...have feelings for him anymore. I thought..I thought I did but the more I focused on you...the more my feelings for Taemin went away.' She breathed heavily before continuing. 'When you asked me to be your girlfriend..I was overjoyed but I was still confused about...both of you. I didn't want to disappoint you-'

'So you accepted me while still having wavered feelings. I know...I know.' Kai finished. 'I'm sorry that I rushed you...is it my fault then?'

'Of course not. Will you forgive me?'

'You don't even need to ask.' Kai finally let go of Minzy and looked at her with a smile. They shared a look until Kai started sneezing.

'...Maybe we should get out of the rain.'

 

----

 

EXO DORM

'Are you serious? Is he still not back?!' Luhan's mouth gaped open upon returning to his dorm.

'Shh....Suho hyung is pretty upset right now about something else...' Chen bit his lip.

'What...?'

'It's about Minzy sunbae. Suho didn't know they were actually dating. Yeah, it was obvious how close they were but he still doesn't like it.' Chen explained as Luhan followed him back into the kitchen where now every EXO member was gathered.

When Luhan entered the kitchen area, he already started to feel the uncomfortable atmosphere.

'Are you kidding me?!' Suho was mainly yelling at the EXO-K members. 'You helped them out. You HELPED them out?! When did you guys decide it was okay for us to start dating girls? Do you know what this might do to our popularity?'

'Suho...calm down. These 4 explained what they did, and it wasn't even that much. If anything, you should be more angry at Kai.' Xiumin grabbed onto the EXO-K leader's arm and tried to calm him down.

Baekhyun, Chanyeol, D.O and Sehun had their heads down and didn't bother to say anything else. Luhan stared at Baekhyun who appeared the most frightened. It was weird to see him so quiet as well.

'How can I get angry at Kai when he's not even here right now? Someone go and find him because I haven't finished scolding these idiots about the dangers of datin-'

'What's so wrong about idols dating?!' Suddenly Baekhyun lifted his head up and retorted, completely surprising Suho. Everybody in the room looked at him, shocked that he would yell back in the middle of being told off, but he seemed determined.

'What's so wrong about dating?! Sure, it might hurt our popularity. Sure, it might make us lose fans. But are you suggesting we stay like this forever?'

Suho closed his mouth for a moment and stared back at Baekhyun. Why was he of all members, getting so worked up? Did he have something to hide?

'Baekhyun.' The leader breathed slowly. 'I'm not saying you have to be single forever. But I don't think dating is the best option right now, especially while we're at the peak of our popularity.'

'You knew Kai liked Minzy, so if you were so against it, why didn't you talk to him yourself instead of giving the rest of us here ? We're not the ones dating YG idols.'

'And that's just it. Why does it have to be from YG of all places?' Suho banged the table with his fist. 'Regardless, Kai is foolish for doing something like this without consulting us first.'

'It's not like we have to share every single little thing with each other here. Suho hyung, try and understand Kai's feelings.' Baekhyun's voice grew a little weak.

Suho then looked around the room, taking in every member's frightened expression(with the exception of Kris) and sighed heavily. 'Okay. I'm sorry Baek...everyone.' He rubbed his temple harshly. 'I know you all meant well for Kai...and when the time comes that you guys find someone that you like..do be careful.'

All EXO members heaved a sigh of relief as a big wave of tension flew away from the room. The EXO-M members left the kitchen except for Luhan and Kris. Baekhyun, Chanyeol D.O and Sehun grabbed Suho and pulled him into a group hug.

Luhan smiled in relief as he stood next to Kris who was tapping away at his phone.

'I told you it would cause .' He murmured into Luhan's ear.

'As long as they're careful, it'll be alright.' Luhan rolled his eyes and laughed.

Kris stayed silent for a moment until he suddenly grabbed Luhan's shoulder in panick.

'Someone HERE wasn't careful though!' He shoved his phone into Luhan's face. The shorter Chinese boy only frowned at his leader's weird actions before he looked at the article flashing across the phone.

Both Chinese members immediately froze and gave each other the same look before looking at the warm hug the EXO-K members were sharing.

'Guys..... Kris called their attention. 'I don't mean to interrupt this moment.....but care to explain this article?'

'What's that?' D.O squinted and Kris walked closer, passing the phone to Suho.

The others were all clueless and when they saw Suho's face, he paled.

'Hyung, what's wrong?' Sehun asked.

 

'Baek.....are you dating Taeyeon noona?'

 

 

'.......Hehe....heh.' Baekhyun laughed, looking around the room.

 

----

F(X) DORM

'Taemin Oppa, what are you going here? ...You smell like alcohol.' Krystal frowned as she saw Taemin standing in front of her dorm.

'Are you alone Krystal-ah?' He leaned against the door frame.

'...Yeah, no one's here. But Oppa, why are you here?' She asked again, completely confused.

Any other day, she would've been more than delighted to have him alone in her dorm but she hadn't seen him since the performance night, where he unofficially rejected her again.

 

So was he here to apologise perhaps?

 

'I'm feeling really lonely tonight. Can I come in?' Taemin looked at her with a worn out expression.

'..Where were you earlier? What happened?' Krystal shut the door behind him and they both walked inside the dorm. 'Do you need some water?'

'No, I'm fine.' Taemin shook his head as he stopped her from grabbing a glass cup.

'Oppa, where did you go?' Krystal tugged at his shirt, starting to seriously worry. She reached over to hold his hand, but instead he leaned down and rested his head on her shoulder.

 

At first she was surprised, but she waited for him to talk. He clearly had something on his mind.

 

'Krystal.....I'm sorry I said those things. It's not like I really meant Minji was the only woman for me...I only said that because I was upset that she was so close with Kai. I didn't expect you to run away from me when I said those things.'

Krystal slowly brought her hands up to hug him. He needed comfort, and she knew there was no one else to do it except for her.

She was always there, always waiting for him to look at her.

 

But he never did.

 

'You've been there for me every time I needed someone. Krystal I can't express how guilty I feel every time I can't return your feelings. And why can't I.....? Why can't I?' Taemin sighed heavily. His voice was wavering, and it made Krystal fight the urge to tear up.

'You already know the answer to that Babo.' Krystal stifled a tiny laugh to hide her shaking voice. 'I ran away that night because I was frustrated...so I took some time to think about it and realised. You can't force yourself to love someone. It doesn't work that way. I've been the one making you suffer, Oppa. And even though you're so important to me....I'm okay..I'm okay as long as you don't forget about your lovable dongsaeng.' She laughed, trying to make the situation less serious.

 

And it worked.

 

Taemin heaved a sigh of relief and lifted his head up from her shoulder.

'Of course I won't forget about you. What makes you think I'll ever ditch you?' He managed to smile just a little bit.

'That's the Oppa I know.' Krystal broke into a grin and tapped his nose. 'Now you need some water, your breath is no joke.'

'Well, I went drinking with Kai..and then-'

'He told you he was dating Minzy, and then you fought?' Krystal answered as she poured water into a glass cup.

Taemin's eyes widened and he gasped. 'What? How did you-'

'It wasn't hard to guess. Actually, I knew about it for a while. Do you need to be comforted?'

 

'..Do you have banana milk?' Taemin pouted.

 

 

----

A/N: I spent so long reading what I wrote and came to the conclusion I didn't know how to make the minzy and kai lying situation intense enough. So I need your thoughts? Writers's block . Is this story becoming boring for you? =/

And LOL adding in the side story of Baek and Taeyeon together heh.

Then ending it with a little Taemin and Krystal reconciliation.

A little bit shorter than usual, but hope you guys enjoyed the update! Finally took me less tha 2 weeks to update ^^'

-Kiseki