Rival?

Your Dance is Addictive
Minzy P.O.V

'It's great to see you! As If you didn't say hi on the first day Minji!' Luna welcomed me into her arms, never mind the fact that Krystal was talking to her. 

'I'm sorry, I was so exhausted that day.' I apologised while I hugged her back. She let go of me and brought me to talk with the others. This included Onew, Krystal, Baekhyun and Suho.

'So I'm not sure how well you know the others here since we're all from SM, but-' 

'Oh I know Minzy well already, and obviously so does Luhan and Suho.' Baekhyun cut her off. This earned a look of question from Onew and Krystal. Suho just nodded slightly, for they certainly knew me, but not "well".. except for maybe Luhan. I earned a confused look from Luna also, waiting for me to explain myself.

'Uh..You know. Baekhyun-ssi and Suho-ssi were the MC's when we were being interviewed for 'Come Back Home' not too long ago.' I said quietly, chuckling a little to enlighten the seemingly weird atmosphere Baekhyun had unintentionally brought on.

'That's weird. I didn't know you can get close with other idols just by being interviewed for 2 minutes. By now I'd probably be best friends with 90% of the other idols.' Krystal commented, somewhat giving me a smirk through her words.

'Well that's just where I met them.' I subtly shot back. 'I wasn't finished.' The little glare she gave me didn't go unnoticed before she scoffed to herself.

'What are you talking about Minzy-ah?' Baekhyun piped up, calling my name so casually. 'You even came to our dorm.' 

I shot him a look of panic. We were with F(x) AND SHINee members....did he have to just announce that?! I was just planning to say that we got to talk more during the last 2 weeks. The look of warning I gave him didn't reach through and he still remained oblivious to the fact that he shouldn't casually mention dorm visits with other idols NOT from the same company.

'You've been to EXO's dorm Minji?' Luna, who still had her hands in mine, gasped. I nodded weakly and tugged a tiny smile. 

'So...one of the EXO boys are good friends with you?' She gave me a weird look.

'I guess you can say that...' I managed to laugh a little.

'Minzy visited our dorm and we even went to Karaoke together. Oh but you left early right? You were meeting with Taemin-sunbae right?' Baekhyun looked at me, waiting for me to say yes. I tried to mask the worried thoughts I had. I really wanted to ask how he even knew I was meeting Taemin that time, and I also wanted to tell him to shutup. Shouldn't an idol know to think before they speak? 

I quickly glanced at Onew to see what his reaction to hearing his dongsaeng's name would be. He looked geniunely surprised but it didn't compare to the look I got from Krystal. I could feel her glare slightly at me, her disinterested face before now perking up upon hearing Taemin's name.

'Taemin Oppa?' She looked at Baekhyun curiously, as If wanting him to say it was someone else and he made a mistake.

'Yeah! Those two seem quite close actually, they've hung out alone before.' Baekhyun added the extra piece of unnecessary information in. The look on his face told me he didn't know what he said would cause rising questions....or did he?

'Taemin Oppa didn't tell me he had close ties with Minzy.' The tone Krystal used made me a little tense, like she had something against a YG idol hanging out with SM idols. Luna could see me freeze up and looked to Krystal to say something because no one else seemed to want to jump in.

'I'm sure it's because of dance, right Minji?' Luna suggested. I nodded and mentally thanked her for saying it, since it was true that I would have the chance to see him since we're in the same group. If I had said it, it would've probably sounded like a cover-up..which was true anyway...

'Minzy, I still have to show you around the building more.' Luhan casually interrupted. Thankgod for him being here. I gave him a look of thankfulness as he put a hand on my shoulder and smiled back. 'Breaks not over until another 10 minutes. I'll be back in time okay guys?' He looked to everyone in the room.

I was ushered out the door quickly and let out a sigh of relief that I didn't need to be further interrogated. 

'Sorry about them....' Luhan looked at me apologetically. I looked at him and shook my head lightly. 'It was nothing really.'

'You don't have to be so polite about everything when they're not okay you know. At least not with me anyway. Also, It's in Baekhyun's habit to talk so much.'

'Does he know he's doing it?' I asked, a little worry in my voice because he looked like someone responsible in my eyes, considering he was older than me.

'He means well...I guess he just didn't consider that Onew sunbae was in the room and it seemed like it was news to him too.'

'What about Krystal?' I asked, not really worrying so much about Onew for the moment. Luhan looked at me with furrowed eyebrows.

'What about her?' He frowned. Oh so was it just me being delusional or was she actually being rude?

'N-Nothing.' I shook my head, only earning a smirk from Luhan. 'Those two...are close.' he commented. Who did he mean?

'Taemin and Krystal I mean.' He explained, as If reading my thoughts. 'That's what she always says anyway.'

'Ahhh...' I nod understandingly. It's expected, since they're both from SM. Still, it bothered me a little that she seemed to show some sense of possessiveness, the way she had said 'Taemin Oppa'. To be honest, it was a little sickening the way she said it. I wondered If she reacted this way often when she learns that she's not the only person out there who can befriend Taemin.

'Oppa, I'll be going now. Don't worry about escorting me there.' I gave Luhan the thumbs up. He stifled a small laugh before pointing towards the distance. 'Your is here anyway.' He laughed, patting my head and walking back to his group's room.

'Kai, are you okay?' I smiled at my fanboy approaching me with a towel. He offered it to me and I gave my hands out to take it from him. 'Thanks.'

'Minzy...' He looked at me carefully. 'I say yes.' 

I looked at him, a little lost by what he meant while I wipe my face. 'Bwo?' 

'Dance....let's practise together soon.' He reminded me. 

'Oh!' I laughed lightly. 'I wasn't going to give you the option to say no anyway.' I stuck my tongue out, expecting him to blush at me for the 50th time. But to my surprise, he smiled back with a grin almost showing and nodded. 'I'm glad then. I know where I want to go and practise.' His tone showing excitement.

'We're not going to do it here?' I pointed to the ground, referring to the SM building. 

'No, I have somewhere else I want to go. Plus If we go there, no one can disturb us either.' He smiled to himself, instead making ME blush at his last choice of words. 

'Okay..' I said calmly, ignoring the signs of excitement I suddenly felt. 'Let's go back now?' I tugged his at his sleeve and led both of us to the elevator. When the door opened, we saw a very familiar figure step out.

'Hyung...what are you doing on this floor?' Kai was the first to speak. 'We're about to start training again aren't we?'

'I came to go and visit the Vocal 2 room first. I'll be right back.' He smiled at his dongsaeng. He looked at me so geniunely and smiled lightly, even though by now I already know what he's actually like in front of me. I smiled back too, not saying anything as I kept my tug on Kai's sleeve. 

'Onew sunbae?' Kai asked, which was obviously a rhetorical question. Who else would he need to see? 

'Yeah, I-'

'Oppa!'  A voice cut him off. Kai and I looked behind to see Krystal smiling happily at the sight of Taemin. But then she noticed that Kai and I were also there, making her smile fade slightly.

'Hey Kai.' She said, completely ignoring the fact that I was there too. 

'Hey. Oh, you probably haven't met-'

'I met Minzy before.' She cut off yet another person's voice. She stopped looking at us and turned to Taemin instead, again with that huge smile of hers, totally different to what I experienced minutes earlier. Taemin smiled geniunely at her, while Kai and I just watched, beside them. 

'Oppa, you look so tired. Come to our room for a bit. I have extra towels for you.' She said in a caring, If not kind of fakeish voice. 

'Why would you have towels with you in the first place? You're in Vocal 2....' Kai commented, making it hard for me to resist the urge to laugh at her embarrassed expresson. But she quickly recovered and smiled again. 

'Did you come to see Onew Oppa? I'll take you to our room.' 

'Nae, but I already know where it is. Why do you make it sound like I've never set foot here?' Taemin replied. Yet again I had to hide the smile that was threatening to creep up on my face when I saw Krystal looking embarrassed again. I shook Kai's arm to notify him that we should leave. He took the signal and we walked inside the elevator, before saying a quick bye and closing the door. The moment it closed, I let out my laughter, trying to supress how loud I was by covering my mouth.

'What's so funny?' Kai asked, amused by my little laughing fit. 

'Sorry, it was just so funny. The scene and all.' I replied honestly, then realised maybe I shouldn't say that about his labelmate.' No, not in a mocking way.' I shook my hands around lightly. Kai only returned a smirk at me and laughed a little. 'It's okay, you can be honest. Because I don't like her.' He  said casually. 

'Why not?' I asked, kind of surprised at the honesty.

'She...she has this kind of aura that I don't like. She's rude to most people. She's only nice to people that can serve her. Which means she up to a lot people.' He spat, like as If he was one of the people that was treated both rudely and nicely by her. I started laughing again and he looked at me with question.

'I'm glad we're on the same page. Not that I already dislike her....' Yet. I thought. 'Just that she was a little rude to me before when I was with Luna and the rest.'

'I also don't like the fact that she's close to Taemin hyung either.' Kai slightly gritted his teeth. 

'Because?' I tugged his arm again. 'What does Taemin have that makes her be nice around him?' 

'It's different in this case because he doesn't have something in particular that can  benefit her. What it was...it might've died down a while ago...but lately it's resurfacing so I'm not sure.' Kai shrugged, ending the topic. But I wanted to know more. 

'What was it?' I spoke casually, trying to not sound too nosy.

'Oh you don't know? Luna noona's never informed you?' Kai asked, surprised.

'Well considering she wouldn't have told me about Taemin because up until now we haven't had much contact?' I eyed him knowingly.

'Right. How dumb of me.' He chuckled.

'So, what is it?' I asked, this time not caring about sounding so curious.

We reached our floor and the door opened. 'Krystal has this huge crush on hyung.' Kai stepped out first, me following him.

'Oh.'  I felt kind of disappointed. 'Is that all? That seems obvious to me already.' I showed my disinterest. 'You built it up for nothing!' I hit Kai's back and he pretended to feel hurt.

'Mianhae, what were you wanting me to say?' He laughed.

'I was expecting something less....I don't know obvious? Something weird.' I shrugged, not really knowing myself what I expected.

'Anyway it's just annoying because she always rocks up and appears out of nowhere, even when I'm talking to hyung privately.' 

'Yeah I can imagine how much of a bother it can be.' I nodded understandingly.

'But in a way I guess it works out...If hyung falls in love with her, a rival will go down. But I doubt that will happen anyway.' 

Hearing Kai say this, I panicked a little. Did he just let it slip out of his mouth?

'Rival?' I asked, seeing If he was willing to say anymore. Kai leaned his head down closer and used his index finger to push my forehead a little. 

'Yes. A rival.' He smiled briefly as we shared glances. Our faces were bunched up pretty close and I had to try really hard not to look so surprised. Where'd he get this sudden confidence from anyway?

A few questions bubbled up in my head when he backed away and I slowly followed behind him. 

 

 

 

 

 Why did I feel my stomach tingle and my cheeks warm up?  

 

 

-----

A/N: I'm feeling the feel for this fic so.....yeah I really shouldn't give you guys updates so often but I can't help it you know? :P I'm still on hyper B.A.P mode LOL! I'm getting lesser comments these days so I wanted to throw this chapter here because I'm missing some of you guys :( Regardless, I'm thankful to you all.

New subbies received:

AsianNoodles164 

noonalicious 

asfdancers12345 

And new upvoters! I'm so happy with the number right now ~

Curlylooks14

noonalicious

INCASE ANYONE WAS WONDERING.....B.A.P WAS DAEBAK!!!!! YOU GUYS HAVE NO IDEA HOW MANY TIMES DAEHYUN LOOKED IN MY DIRECTION XDDD THEY WERE AWESOME, COOL, CHARISMATIC, Y, EPIC AND THEIR ENGLISH HAS IMPROVED SO MUCH XDDD 

They really are BEST. ABSOLUTE.PERFECT <3

Not my photo but I was pretty much this close, on the other side of the stage ^^

'll be posting a little blog thing if anyone wants to check it out later XD